Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Battlefield V Beta : can't extract files

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Damoclès
beginner

Battlefield V Beta : can't extract files

Post by Damoclès »

Hello,

Since two days i tried extracting files from the Battlefield V beta but the python script doesn't work. I use the last one (swbf2).
python.JPG
I thought this was python's script fault but i tried with Battlefield 1 and it worked.

Thanks. :keke:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
octaviousrex
veteran

Re: Battlefield V Beta : can't extract files

Post by octaviousrex »

I have my files back up on a portable HDD. That said I hope someone figures it out as I just want the starter medics head gear and nothing more.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Damoclès wrote:I thought this was python's script fault but i tried with Battlefield 1 and it worked.

Thanks. :keke:
This has been known ever since they updated Star Wars Battlefront II few months ago by removing every single sb/toc pair and updating the game with only cas/cat archives to speed up loading time, there for Battlefield V follows same example, and if you'll check your directories there will no longer be sb/toc pairs.

Every current script, extraction tool, utility or what not, will NO LONGER WORK no matter what you try because they depend on those sb/toc pairs, until of course original creator of those scripts/tools update it to support the newly modified game archives, I have tried to modify the python scripts, of course I failed miserably.

For example Star Wars Battlefront II new version will ONLY work with the updated FrostyEditor to extract content, and according to the developer he will add support to Battlefield V in the upcoming weeks to support this new format, maybe months, its never certain.
BGmoder
beginner

Post by BGmoder »

I do not know maybe he recorded these sounds in the game, but so "clean" sound https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCve_TqCoRc
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

To those of you who do not know yet, a new python script that supports the new format for SWBF2 and BFV has been created by the dev of FrostyToolSuite and someone already posted it here.
Now you can dump the whole game again to your own pleasure.