Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Destiny 2 PC PKG files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Darpow
ultra-n00b

Destiny 2 PC PKG files

Post by Darpow »

Dear All.

I hope you're all well.

Really new here, so forgive me if this is not apt for a first post.
I have just installed the PC version of Destiny 2 and would like to open the PKG files to grab the music. I was told someone here was working on the appropriate coding for such a thing.
I could not find a post relating to this, but very may well have been looking in the wrong part of the forum (again, forgive me if that is the case)
I know someone on the destiny reddit has managed to extract the dialogue files, so i am guessing the coding is done?
Would love to get it if that is the case!
Not sure if this is in the right place. Please move as appropriate.

Thanks for all the help!
PredatorCZ
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Destiny 2 PC PKG files

Post by PredatorCZ »

There has been Destiny pkg extractor somewhere, but it won't work on PC versions since it uses different endianess.
Destiny pkg uses Oodle whinch THANK HACKER GOD is cracked and implemented in recent quickbms. Poor RADTools tried to take down github with decompressor code, but thankfully unsuccessfully :twisted:

Im not familiar with this format, but what i've seen they use encryption (like all online games).

Also here is full research topic: https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4823

There is something nice about using Google (or duckduckgo if you don't like spies).
Darpow
ultra-n00b

Re: Destiny 2 PC PKG files

Post by Darpow »

Many thanks for the info. I shall watch that thread with intrigue :)