Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars First Assault Tech Demo models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Star Wars First Assault Tech Demo models

Post by daemon1 »

Tool checked and working on all skeletal models from that demo.

Drag .skeletalmesh file onto .exe and it will extract model into 3 formats: .OBJ, .SMD and .ASCII. Only SMD file will have proper skeleton connected to bones. If NameTable.txt produced by Extract.exe will be in the same folder, bones will have proper names.

a quick solution for textures:
- run bms script on TFC, this will unpack all textures in raw format
- open them with noesis plugin (will not work for all of them, but most big ones)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by daemon1 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Star Wars First Assault Tech Demo models

Post by daemon1 »

Umodel must be able to extract all textures from this game, but for some reason it refuses to get most of them. Maybe just needs some options. Anyway, you should be able to get any texture either with umodel or raw extraction tools provided here.

If you have troubles finding particular texture, just open its .Texture2D file and look for image offset in .TFC package. BMS script will unpack them with names according to these offsets. Like here for this blasterRifle, its usually there after those FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, I marked it green:

ginev
n00b

Post by ginev »

Hey is it possible to release the game so we can download it.I have seen that you released some link in facepunch but the link dont work.Could you upload it somewhere else?

EDIT:Ahh never mind i get it.Thanks alot man!!!
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JakeGreen »

Thanks for the work on this i posted some sample files a few weeks ago and no one cared to look at so it's nice that you got it working.

Question though what is the command line for animations instead of skeletalmesh?
Last edited by JakeGreen on Mon May 01, 2017 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

JakeGreen wrote:Thanks for the work on this i posted some sample files a few weeks ago and no one cared to look at so it's nice that you got it working.

Question though what is the command like for animations instead of skeletalmesh?
command for what?
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JakeGreen »

i didn't type it right the first time anyways well you pointed out that -filter=skeletalmesh extracts models with bones but what would you put in place of skeletalmesh for animations?
Highflex
beginner

Post by Highflex »

Seems like UModel can extract all major animations :), so if you combine it with this tool it should work perfectly fine on import :)
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JakeGreen »

Highflex wrote:Seems like UModel can extract all major animations :), so if you combine it with this tool it should work perfectly fine on import :)
How did you get umodel to extract the animations because when i try to do that the CMD Umodel opens moves really fast and nothing gets exported.
Highflex
beginner

Post by Highflex »

JakeGreen wrote:
Highflex wrote:Seems like UModel can extract all major animations :), so if you combine it with this tool it should work perfectly fine on import :)
How did you get umodel to extract the animations because when i try to do that the CMD Umodel opens moves really fast and nothing gets exported.
If you just check Animation it should process them ( then you can see detailed info about each anim sequence ), although there seeems to be a issue with the compression tracks so the export is not valid, i will see if i can fix this in my custom build of UE Viewer.
Chaotic1870
ultra-n00b

Post by Chaotic1870 »

i am 3 years late, but may i ask how to get the skeletalmesh? UModel seems to dislike First Assaults skeletal Meshes and all its grabbing are the 3rd person models which are downscaled by alot, thanks in advance!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Chaotic1870 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:42 pm i am 3 years late, but may i ask how to get the skeletalmesh? UModel seems to dislike First Assaults skeletal Meshes and all its grabbing are the 3rd person models which are downscaled by alot, thanks in advance!
umodel must extract them. Dont convert them, just extract assets.
Chaotic1870
ultra-n00b

Post by Chaotic1870 »

How do i get umodel to extract them? When i try it gives me an error and doesnt extract anything
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Chaotic1870 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:25 pm How do i get umodel to extract them? When i try it gives me an error and doesnt extract anything
read documentation or ask umodel author (gildor)
Chaotic1870
ultra-n00b

Post by Chaotic1870 »

Alright, well thanks for the help!
Chaotic1870
ultra-n00b

Post by Chaotic1870 »

Hi again, im a bit new to umodel, i cant figure out how to extract anything, i asked over in the umodel forums and they werent much help, could someone here walk me through it? Sorry for the inconvenience, if anyone wants to speak to me directly my discord is Surestsafe#1870