Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Halo wars 2 models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
dravid51
ultra-n00b

Halo wars 2 models

Post by dravid51 »

Has anyone managed to extract, or create a worflow to extract HW2 models?
killercracker
advanced

Re: Halo wars 2 models

Post by killercracker »

I don't know if this works for the retail version of the game but I can say it does for the beta.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JakeGreen »

After dumping the files with UWPDumper which files do i open with the BMS script?

Also what about textures? EDIT: i noticed they are simply DX10 DDS files just in DDX format.

Edit:Nevermind i was able to load the models just fine a lot of these are really nice quality and it's nice to have their bones and rigging with it.

Here is some textures if someone wants to look at them.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6d4dxc3rv ... fantry.rar

Final EDIT: renaming the textures to dds works and then using MS VS to open them works great.
dravid51
ultra-n00b

Post by dravid51 »

What's the folder with the character ugx files? Or is it in a .pkg
minimercstudios
ultra-n00b

Post by minimercstudios »

JakeGreen wrote:After dumping the files with UWPDumper which files do i open with the BMS script?

Also what about textures? EDIT: i noticed they are simply DX10 DDS files just in DDX format.

Edit:Nevermind i was able to load the models just fine a lot of these are really nice quality and it's nice to have their bones and rigging with it.

Here is some textures if someone wants to look at them.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6d4dxc3rv ... fantry.rar

Final EDIT: renaming the textures to dds works and then using MS VS to open them works great.
what program are you loading these models to?
homelesskodai
ultra-n00b

Post by homelesskodai »

bro can yo post another link? it won't open in 3ds
satademon7
beginner

Post by satademon7 »

Hee hee Bois!!! good news! Right now i am exporting the models from HW2 with bones from the game and DLC´s Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IronHawk361
ultra-n00b

Post by IronHawk361 »

satademon7 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:15 am Hee hee Bois!!! good news! Right now i am exporting the models from HW2 with bones from the game and DLC´s Image
Hi!
You don't happen to have the Banished Phantom at hand from that extraction that you could send me?
Torrente234
ultra-n00b

Post by Torrente234 »

satademon7 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:15 am Hee hee Bois!!! good news! Right now i am exporting the models from HW2 with bones from the game and DLC´s Image
You are incredible man, where are you esporting them?

I was using the killercracker script for hwde and hw2 but on hw2 it fails.
satademon7
beginner

Post by satademon7 »

IronHawk361 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:18 pm
Hi!
You don't happen to have the Banished Phantom at hand from that extraction that you could send me?
Actually yes, sorry for the late response, i run into a few problems, almost losing all my programs data, etc. But no pain no gain, i was for the model too, another good news include all 3d models i have seen include the bones from the game, still the texture it will take a while to find them, so don't worry about, what models will be include from the game? Just everything this mean: ALL DLC's flood army, all the game, maps, forerunners, flood, scenery, vehicles, weapons, etc.

I will upload the banished phantom photos and model later this day, (still no texture yet) give me time to find it.
satademon7
beginner

Post by satademon7 »

Torrente234 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:01 am
You are incredible man, where are you esporting them?

I was using the killercracker script for hwde and hw2 but on hw2 it fails.
Thanks, appreciated, what's Killercracker script?

I will give it a try with Halo Wars 1 too, if everything goes well, i will be able to extract everything from the game including DLC's.
satademon7
beginner

Post by satademon7 »

Image here is the link for the Banished Phantom and more models so you can download: https://www.4shared.com/file/ffzfv72uea/Phamtom.html
satademon7
beginner

Post by satademon7 »

Arbitrer.png
satademon7
beginner

Post by satademon7 »

Spartans are included in the first wave of models
satademon7
beginner

Post by satademon7 »

more good news, found forerunners, floods units(if someone could help me out to improve the halo wars 2 script, some models get out of range, dont know exactly why), textures models that where in pkg files, and testing extracting halo wars 1 DE.