Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Playstation allstars Battle Royal (psVita) .csnd audio file

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
FirstNameBasis
ultra-n00b

Playstation allstars Battle Royal (psVita) .csnd audio file

Post by FirstNameBasis »

Alright so ive been searching for about 2 days combined looking for a way to at least listen too or convert to a Wav format (since its the most widely used).
So far ive seen 3ds homebrew app makers mention it and from what ive seen i think its some form of looping sound the 3ds uses and a really old format a program called "DirectSound/DirectMusic" used to use back in like 2007 or 06. its no longer supported so i cant find a way to open the sound file and no real alternative programs exist so ic an just listen to them.

The files in question are sounds i suspect to be character grunts for moves or when they take damage and the like.
ive been asking around some vita modders thinking it was a familiar format within Vita games but apparently not, they dont have a clue what the format is and nobody has really dumped ALL of this games content before so finding anyone who has done anything with most files within the .psarc files (thats where the .csnd files came from) is very scarce.

Does anybody know anything about RIFF and/or WAVE format conversion? The hex says its a RIFF and WAVE and that the format is usually used to store data packets for sound.
Screenshot (547).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brendan19
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Playstation allstars Battle Royal (psVita) .csnd audio f

Post by brendan19 »

Post a sample of the .csnd audio file.
mauzerX
advanced

Re: Playstation allstars Battle Royal (psVita) .csnd audio f

Post by mauzerX »

it's atrac9 codec, at9tool from psv sdk can convert to wav.