Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 .chunk and .mesh file assistance

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
MisterPrawn
beginner

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 .chunk and .mesh file assistance

Post by MisterPrawn »

I've already dumped the archive of Garden Warfare 2, but I need assistance in getting the BF4 Chunk and Mesh management tool, Skeleton and Mesh importer MaxScripts, and EBX to txt converter to work with it. It uses Frostbite 3 engine and I've managed to rip from PvZ Garden Warfare 1 before, but it seems that the tools for ripping models from it need to be updated of the sort.

I have provided a sample with a .mesh and .chunk file from Garden Warfare 2 if anyone needs it. Either the tools need to be updated, or I'm doing something wrong, here.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: PvZ Garden Warfare 2 .chunk and .mesh file assistance

Post by shakotay2 »

Dunno about the tools but the mesh format (in .chunk) is rather simple:
face.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
MisterPrawn
beginner

Post by MisterPrawn »

Well that's good to know that the mesh files are rippable, though I'd still prefer to figure things out with the tools. Either I'm doing something wrong, or the tools need updating. Whichever comes first, I suppose.
thanhhieu02
n00b

Post by thanhhieu02 »

Can you up more file plants ?
and shakotay2 you can unpack file obj ?
MisterPrawn
beginner

Post by MisterPrawn »

Good news, Everyone! -Farnsworth
I've managed to import the mesh into 3DS Max, finally, using an updated Chunk and mesh management tool and the NFS 16 mesh importer found here: https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php? ... 8&start=15

Now I just gotta figure out how to get the Skinning to import on the bones, like the previous script did before. Anyone have any ideas?
MisterPrawn
beginner

Post by MisterPrawn »

I apologize for necro-bumping this thread, but since it's my thread anyway, I thought I'd might as well. So I revisited this ripping project and am trying to get a new dump of the .cas archive using a newer dumper, but now it gives me this message:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\owner\Documents\ChunkAndMeshTools\swbf\swbf_dump\sw_dumper.py", line 315, in <module>
    if "tocRoot2" in locals(): dumpRoot(tocRoot2)
  File "C:\Users\owner\Documents\ChunkAndMeshTools\swbf\swbf_dump\sw_dumper.py", line 287, in dumpRoot
    dump(fname,targetDirectory)
  File "C:\Users\owner\Documents\ChunkAndMeshTools\swbf\swbf_dump\sw_dumper.py", line 118, in dump
    toc=cas.readToc(tocPath)
  File "C:\Users\owner\Documents\ChunkAndMeshTools\swbf\swbf_dump\cas.py", line 95, in readToc
    return Entry(unXor(tocPath))
  File "C:\Users\owner\Documents\ChunkAndMeshTools\swbf\swbf_dump\cas.py", line 37, in __init__
    raise Exception("Entry does not start with \\x82 or (rare) \\x87 byte. Position: "+str(f.tell()))
Exception: Entry does not start with \x82 or (rare) \x87 byte. Position: 1
>>> 
Any ideas on how to go about this would be VERY appreciated. Thanks!