Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[PC] Red Faction: Armageddon import maxscript

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

[PC] Red Faction: Armageddon import maxscript

Post by zaramot »

Hi guys! Here's maxscript to import [PC] Red Faction: Armageddon character models (3ds max 2009-2014). No bones and weight just geometry+uv's, so take it as it is :)

P.S. I'm having some issues with skeleton/faces direction here. Good friend of mine asked me to take a look at format, so I did. Game is pretty old, but if there will be an interest about it, I'll try to finish my script. Also, textures could be obtained with any ripper or directly from .gpeg_pc files, they are containers with straight headerless .dds images.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Making model-import scripts, PM
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: [PC] Red Faction: Armageddon import maxscript

Post by Tosyk »

zaramot wrote:Hi guys! Here's maxscript to import [PC] Red Faction: Armageddon character models (3ds max 2009-2014). No bones and weight just geometry+uv's, so take it as it is :)

P.S. I'm having some issues with skeleton/faces direction here. Good friend of mine asked me to take a look at format, so I did. Game is pretty old, but if there will be an interest about it, I'll try to finish my script. Also, textures could be obtained with any ripper or directly from .gpeg_pc files, they are containers with straight headerless .dds images.
nice to having this, thanks. Is it something wrong with the uv? I see the seem on her face/neck/pubis.
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Yeah, maybe this is due to texture extraction. I extracted them manually, so maybe there's a shirt of pixels in image. If someone could confirm this issue still exist with textures ripped with Ninha Ripper or any 3d ripper. I'll scale uv's to prevent this :)
Making model-import scripts, PM
Nexus Elite
n00b

Post by Nexus Elite »

zaramot wrote:Yeah, maybe this is due to texture extraction. I extracted them manually, so maybe there's a shirt of pixels in image. If someone could confirm this issue still exist with textures ripped with Ninha Ripper or any 3d ripper. I'll scale uv's to prevent this :)
Will this work on Red Faction Guerrilla?
Karpati
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Karpati »

zaramot wrote:Hi guys! Here's maxscript to import [PC] Red Faction: Armageddon character models (3ds max 2009-2014).
The 3ds max 2012 64 bit version does not like this script:

"Vertex Start @ 0x15290L"
-- Error occurred in x loop; filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2012\Scripts\Red_Faction.ms; position: 2361; line: 95
-- Frame:
-- vy: -5.00949e+027
-- tv: undefined
-- unk00: undefined
-- tu: undefined
-- vz: 0.0
-- x: 15204
-- unk01: undefined
-- vx: 0.0
-- Error occurred during fileIn in #C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2012\Scripts\Red_Faction.ms; line number: 95
>> MAXScript FileIn Exception:
-- No ""/"" function for undefined <<