Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ryse: Son of Rome (PC) - Anyone extract the Comic Pages?

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Tanks
ultra-n00b

Ryse: Son of Rome (PC) - Anyone extract the Comic Pages?

Post by Tanks »

So I noticed this game has already had one or two threads, but this is a bit more specific of a hunt. Truthfully I was unsure whether this should go in models or here, but I figure it makes more sense here.

So for the past few days I've been on a hunt for the source files of the comic book collectibles and I've hit a bit of a snag... I thought I had found them in \UI.pak\Libs\UI\Menus\NewMenu\Screens\CollectiblesComics\scaleformBin\ where you can clearly see the entire collection of aptly named files such as ComicColosseum_01_eng_US.png.dds.0, ComicColosseum_02_eng_US.png.dds.0, etc etc... They're all ~1mb each leading me to believe these can't be the right files.

The problem is also that .dds.0 is the header file for textures. Running the dds unsplitter tool does nothing. Apparently, somewhere else in the game are the companion files containing the actual comics. The problem is I can't find it. I checked the localization paks and found nothing (though I did find some interesting pre-production audio recordings which is neat...). I've scoured a majority of the game and have found nothing. Any idea where these files might be hidden?
folkemon1977
n00b

Re: Ryse: Son of Rome (PC) - Anyone extract the Comic Pages?

Post by folkemon1977 »

Tanks wrote:So I noticed this game has already had one or two threads, but this is a bit more specific of a hunt. Truthfully I was unsure whether this should go in models or here, but I figure it makes more sense here.

So for the past few days I've been on a hunt for the source files of the comic book collectibles and I've hit a bit of a snag... I thought I had found them in \UI.pak\Libs\UI\Menus\NewMenu\Screens\CollectiblesComics\scaleformBin\ where you can clearly see the entire collection of aptly named files such as ComicColosseum_01_eng_US.png.dds.0, ComicColosseum_02_eng_US.png.dds.0, etc etc... They're all ~1mb each leading me to believe these can't be the right files.

The problem is also that .dds.0 is the header file for textures. Running the dds unsplitter tool does nothing. Apparently, somewhere else in the game are the companion files containing the actual comics. The problem is I can't find it. I checked the localization paks and found nothing (though I did find some interesting pre-production audio recordings which is neat...). I've scoured a majority of the game and have found nothing. Any idea where these files might be hidden?
Hi there,
maybe is it too late for you, but i have all comics ripped from this game.
More info via PM.