Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Far Cry 4 Audio/Music(.sbao/.spk)

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
RayTrace77
ultra-n00b

Far Cry 4 Audio/Music(.sbao/.spk)

Post by RayTrace77 »

Hi There,

I am looking for a particular song from the game, I have managed to get a rough copy from the game which I uploaded onto YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wzJ-Ql ... e=youtu.be

Have been trying to get the music from this game for a while but not had much luck, have used "Oggdec" and DecUbiSnd but a number of files it is unable to work with, Oggdec can convert some of the .sbao files but not all, DecUbiSnd can barely handle the .spk files, out of a folder of say 40 it picked 1, showed around 4 streams but when played it was just static. I have unpacked a number of the .dat/fat files only to come to the same result. I have also tried DragonUnpacker with the Hyperripper function but nothing.

most .dat/fat files, when unpacked, have a folder called "soundbinary" in it, in there is sometimes .sbao or .spk, aside from that folder I don't know where else to look for audio.

Inside the "common.dat" file in /soundbinary there is a file called "2fffffff.spk" which is 26MB, much larger then the others, however DecUbiSnd is unable to handle it and am interested to know what it is, I have uploaded the file to the link below:
http://www.filedropper.com/2fffffff

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

Nevermind, figured it out in the end and got the song, took bloody ages though.
Vosvoy
veteran

Re: Far Cry 4 Audio/Music(.sbao/.spk)

Post by Vosvoy »

It could be good for the others (starters) to tell how you managed to find a solution. So, please, tell us what was your solution for that.

Cordialy.
Vosvoy