Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
killercracker
advanced

Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post by killercracker »

I wrote this maxscript not too long ago for Dragon Ball Xenoverse and everything is just about done but I can't get the weighting right. I've never done weighting before and don't have much for a reference. I could need some help here. If anyone could look over the code and tell me what I'm doing wrong, the help would be very much appreciated.

I've listed a couple example files and scripts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post by shakotay2 »

well, some vertices simply don't move when moving a bone.
So they have a weight's sum of 0.0 what they shouldn't.

Could be possible that there's a VertexID to be read from the model file.

Also the sum of weights is > 1.0 for 688 of 2062 vertices of the upper body.
But this problem should vanish as soon as the first one is solved.

btw: nice scripts, great work!:) (the weighting part is borrowed from someone else?)

edit: didn't find VerticeIDs. But it's strange that many vertices have boneID 1 assigned more than once.
So I tried using boneid (instead of boneid + 1) and if (bonex != 0) then
but with no luck.
Last edited by shakotay2 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

can you send his textures also?
killercracker
advanced

Post by killercracker »

VertexID? I'm sorry I don't understand. Anyways thanks, my scripts are often a frankenstein of various other scripts I find. The textures are in EMB archives, the same as the SF4 games. I was able to get the raws from sf4 asset explorer but it turns out they happen to be dds files with a modified header.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2j6zg ... xtures.rar
Last edited by killercracker on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
raykingnihong
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by raykingnihong »

killercracker wrote:VertexID? I'm sorry I don't understand. Anyways thanks, my scripts are often a frankenstein of various other scripts I find. The textures are in EMB archives, the same as the SF4 games. I was able to get the raws from sf4 asset explorer but it turns out they happen to be dds files with a modified header.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2j6zg ... xtures.rar
This game is very classic, hope someone can modify the script error. Support
raykingnihong
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by raykingnihong »

killercracker wrote:I wrote this maxscript not too long ago for Dragon Ball Xenoverse and everything is just about done but I can't get the weighting right. I've never done weighting before and don't have much for a reference. I could need some help here. If anyone could look over the code and tell me what I'm doing wrong, the help would be very much appreciated.

I've listed a couple example files and scripts.
Hello, my friend, I tested all your files very well, since I don't have this game so I cannot test the model file. You can upload this game download links
killercracker
advanced

Post by killercracker »

Finished the .emd files with bones and weights but only having problems with the .emo files. For some reason they have more than one bone matrix, the second one without any bone id's that I could find, so that's one more obstacle to overturn. I've also linked the script for anyone who wants it to play with or add on too. Hopefully after all of this I'll have gained enough knowlege to figure out the animation.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/rdm1lq ... se_project
raykingnihong
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by raykingnihong »

killercracker wrote:Finished the .emd files with bones and weights but only having problems with the .emo files. For some reason they have more than one bone matrix, the second one without any bone id's that I could find, so that's one more obstacle to overturn. I've also linked the script for anyone who wants it to play with or add on too. Hopefully after all of this I'll have gained enough knowlege to figure out the animation.

Hi killercracker My friend, thank you very much for the great work. Dragonball z has always been my favorite
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

killercracker wrote:Finished the .emd files with bones and weights but only having problems with the .emo files. For some reason they have more than one bone matrix, the second one without any bone id's that I could find, so that's one more obstacle to overturn. I've also linked the script for anyone who wants it to play with or add on too. Hopefully after all of this I'll have gained enough knowlege to figure out the animation.

Does this support pc version??
Vashey
advanced

Post by Vashey »

Just tested the script on freshly extracted PC files (from the pc verison) here is the error I get:
It works on the files you provide in your mediafire.
I've been wondering if there is a way to convert them back after we're done in 3Dsmax.
FinalBlast
advanced

Post by FinalBlast »

Is it possible to not only import, but also re-import back to the original format of the game?
In any case thank you for spending so much time on this! :)
Vashey
advanced

Post by Vashey »

Apparently he uploaded a script for PC models, there are still some models that don't load though (--unable to convert: undefined to type: integer) ,but it works for most of them, at least I can do some models.
Now when importing one .emd it imports a whole set of models (other .emd) at once, is this normal?
loriscangini
advanced

Post by loriscangini »

Hi to all!
Great work with the importer!

I'm having problems importing some parts from the PC files, for example I can't load the Piccolo's cape, am I doing something wrong or the script isn't complete?
PGV
ultra-n00b

Post by PGV »

you did a great job in there, but as you were able to make an import everybody here would appreciate an .emd meshes EXPORT SCRIPT, so that we can isert in game our creations.

I know I'm asking a great effort, but you would make happy hundreds thousands of people...

It shall be able to generate

-.emd (for 3d model mesh)
- .emb (for texture)
- .esk (for structure and position I think)
- .emm (no idea what it is exactly)

The .esk of addon objects (such as hats, wings etc) for the characters are different than the .esk you provided (of a full model) in the sample pack, and your script won't read them sadly...
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

PGV wrote:you did a great job in there, but as you were able to make an import everybody here would appreciate an .emd meshes EXPORT SCRIPT, so that we can isert in game our creations.

I know I'm asking a great effort, but you would make happy hundreds thousands of people...

It shall be able to generate

-.emd (for 3d model mesh)
- .emb (for texture)
- .esk (for structure and position I think)
- .emm (no idea what it is exactly)

The .esk of addon objects (such as hats, wings etc) for the characters are different than the .esk you provided (of a full model) in the sample pack, and your script won't read them sadly...
emm is material, xenoverse is using the same engine as SFIV. The pc script also has a little issue with uv mapping, uv's are too big.