Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
meganmi
advanced

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by meganmi »

Escope12 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:41 pm Thanks but how do I use this?

Code: Select all

ttarchext.exe -k 96CA999F8DDA9A87D7CDD9BB93D1BEC0D79171DC9ED98DD0D18CD8C3A0B0C695C39C93BBCCCCA7D3B9D9D9D08E93BEDAAED18D77D5D3A3 0 "input .ttarch2" "output folder"
inter9429
ultra-n00b

Post by inter9429 »

I have already translated all the games in the previous versions.
How can I make translations for the final season work?
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

So The Wolf Among Us 2 was just re-announced last night. Man, the ride never ends, does it?

...That being said, I'm still alive! I would've had the update for my script fixing the MCSM2 / TWD Definitive models by now, but the past few months for me have been kinda disastrous. Hopefully I'll have it ready before the year's over!

(EDIT: ...and probably yet another Batman update by the sounds of it.)
dixen18
ultra-n00b

Post by dixen18 »

Key for Batman The Telltale Series Shadows Edition, please
ThePlayaJam765
ultra-n00b

Post by ThePlayaJam765 »

RandomTBush wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:16 pm So The Wolf Among Us 2 was just re-announced last night. Man, the ride never ends, does it?

...That being said, I'm still alive! I would've had the update for my script fixing the MCSM2 / TWD Definitive models by now, but the past few months for me have been kinda disastrous. Hopefully I'll have it ready before the year's over!

(EDIT: ...and probably yet another Batman update by the sounds of it.)
Glad to hear it.

(BTW, I'm using the older version of the script, the one without automatic material importing as a workaround for now until you can fix the current script on that issue.)
thongTk
ultra-n00b

Post by thongTk »

Is the script for the definitive edition still being worked on?
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

thongTk wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:20 pmIs the script for the definitive edition still being worked on?
Yeah, I still have plans to work on that.
Bleech
ultra-n00b

Post by Bleech »

@RandomTBush Just to let you know, on your QuickBMS script to extract dds files from d3dtx files from MCSM S2 and some others, at the top of the file you said there was a problem with it and it didnt load and I tried and yeah it didnt. But I went through your quick BMS code and made some changed and put it into java (Im loading mesh and textures into minecraft which is in java), but for some reason it imports and works in java so If you want me to send you the java code maybe you could see the difference and fix it (the problem was importing atlas and gobo).

Also could you please tell me how you find out all of the hash offsets in the mesh files? Like how did you find out the format and the process you did to do that
junminlee2004
n00b

Post by junminlee2004 »

I just want to ask a quick question, how do you import both the textures and the texture details into the models? I can currently only import textures.
Tydeus
veteran

Post by Tydeus »

junminlee2004 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:11 pmI just want to ask a quick question, how do you import both the textures and the texture details into the models? I can currently only import textures.
I dont know if there's a correct way to do it, but I just overlay the main textures with the details.
Escope12
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Escope12 »

Hi guys. I made a little tutorial on how to fix the torso rigging error for the characters in 3ds Max from Telltale Games.

Link to tutorial: https://imgur.com/gallery/qimgqEB
Tydeus
veteran

Post by Tydeus »

Escope12 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:20 amHi guys. I made a little tutorial on how to fix the torso rigging error for the characters in 3ds Max from Telltale Games.

Thats not really an error is it? Usually bones in 3D Max doesnt move if connected to a root bone, removing the link to the root tends to break the model.

Just wondering though, I've been looking through the Final Season textures and all the zombie textures seem to be red, as if it was a mask texture, is there any way to fix this?

Last edited by Tydeus on Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Escope12
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Escope12 »

Tydeus wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:33 pm
Escope12 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:20 amHi guys. I made a little tutorial on how to fix the torso rigging error for the characters in 3ds Max from Telltale Games.

Thats not really an error is it? Usually bones in 3D Max doesnt move if connected to a root bone, removing the link to the root tends to break the model.

Just wondering though, I've been looking through the Final Season textures and all the zombie textures seem to be red, as if it was a mask texture, is there any way to fix this?
When I looked at it, the torso's were rigged to the "root" bone.
frostbone25
n00b

Post by frostbone25 »

RandomTBush wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:09 pm
thongTk wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:20 pmIs the script for the definitive edition still being worked on?
Yeah, I still have plans to work on that.
Hey @RandomTBush , I wanted to notify you the best I can (as a fellow programmer, but not in MaxScript though but I'll do my best) about an issue I stumbled upon when I wanted to import a mesh that is specific to the definitive edition (specifically the menu scene, with Clementine's house which I wanted to extract and prep for others to use just for fun). I'm aware you have plans on updating the script to work properly on definitive edition but you haven't posted any updates in a while.

Anyways, when importing a definitive edition specific mesh It seems like the script is struggling to parse the vertex buffer information from the d3dmesh file. At line 16437 in the script, specifically in 'Section 11C' (good thing you marked it because your script is awfully long), when it enters the switch statement 'MeshFlag1' it fails to hit any of the cases and defaults to your throw statement and of course the rest of the script is unable to proceed then since its unable to parse and set any values regarding the vertex buffer. My guess would be that in the definitive edition, the "MeshFlag1" values you are trying to parse have changed and it's unable to meet any of the cases, or the order in which the file is structured has changed where the data is and its unable to parse it then. I'm currently looking into it the best I can with my prior knowledge and seeing if I can solve it, and if I do ill be sure to let you know, but I wanted to let you know with as much info as I can provide about the issue so that you yourself can find it easily and solve it. Thank you!
frostbone25
n00b

Post by frostbone25 »

Note: I was able to get the meshes to import by getting rid of the 'throw' exceptions just by commenting them out just to see if the script would be able to import the mesh at all. It worked of course, but that was only a 'bandaid' on the issue and the meshes UV maps unfortunately are messed up, still looking into it though.