Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Max Payne 3 PS3 RPF(4?)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
DesBurak
n00b

Max Payne 3 PS3 RPF(4?)

Post by DesBurak »

Here is the header of decrypted common.rpf(from common.sdat)

after many zeros this

or you can check the file here (105 mb, 55 mb compressed)

https://mega.co.nz/#!HdMRRT4Q!eKQNYAxVM ... FeAeu48MdM

None of current RPF programs (OpenIV as always on consoles, RPFTool as it doesn't support PS3..) worked. Can anyone help me to extract texts and localize this game :(
twisted
veteran

Re: Max Payne 3 PS3 RPF(4?)

Post by twisted »

I released my rpftool code a while ago, I think the ps3 version uses a different key but if you can find that it should be fairly trivial to add support for the ps3 version - https://code.google.com/p/rpftool/
DesBurak
n00b

Post by DesBurak »

I've been working on it since you said but how can I realize that i found the real key :(

I mean, it's same in PS3 and Xbox till MP3(MC:LA, Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV...). In GTA V, it includes similar(copy, load, right byte or data) but different instructions in IDA. I don't know what I'll look for. I read your tutorial but none of PS3 elfs include "archive" commands like XBox
DesBurak
n00b

Post by DesBurak »

Sorry I sent you pm I just saw it.
twisted
veteran

Post by twisted »

Key can be found at 0x014C6CA4 after dropping the original elf into IDA, for those interested in a version of RPFTool for MP3 on PS3 contact DesBurak.
montcer9012
beginner

Post by montcer9012 »

Hello. I am late for this party, but as DesBurak said, current RPF tools doesn't support the PS3 version of the game.
From this posts, it seems that this guy was in the right direction, but he got the key from where?