Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Divinity - Dragon Commander (Granny 2)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
AceAngel
veteran

Divinity - Dragon Commander (Granny 2)

Post by AceAngel »

So DDC recently came out, and I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of GR2 library it is using? The game has a few mods directory, so I figured (unless the Developers will do so) to get the ball started in rolling in one direction.

So far I tried GR2OBJ Command line converter (the REALLY old on made during the early days of Demigod and EVE) as well the Noesis plugin for SWOTR, both of them don't work since this version of GR2 is 2.4.7 I think? Not sure.

Here is the data stuff you need below, please note that the Textures are in DDS format, and already open and working from the get-go, the only reason I included them is incase someone needs to check the UV's of the mesh, incase the GR2 format saved in has some crazy swizzle going on for the Vert-2-UV data.

Mesh: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Models/D ... fP3HJ07iIA
Textures: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Models/D ... 36jrixHyBg

Cheers!

PS: I would like to apologize in advance if I'm breaking any rules or such, if mods would like to take the proper actions of moving the topic or links as need, that would be grand.
Demonsangel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Divinity - Dragon Commander (Granny 2)

Post by Demonsangel »

Why does it keep telling me to log ino dropbox when I am already logged in?

Anyways, is there a granny2.dll or something that you have access to for DDC, perhaps we can hook some functions and make the magic happen that way.
AceAngel
veteran

Post by AceAngel »

Hey Demons,

Yep, there is a Granny2.dll in the main directory. Is there anything specific for the file (files that start with gr) that might be needed?
Privateer
veteran

Post by Privateer »

Version 2.4 anything from RAD Games was the 2004 era release.
Being a new Game? I highly doubt that's the version used.
PM a proper link to one of the GR2 files.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.
Try to teach a man to fish and he'll gripe at you for not just giving him the Damn Fish!
deant
n00b

Post by deant »

The game is supported by the granny export tools that you can find in the net. it extracts meshes with the bones in smd format! I tested it and exported all the character models from it. BUT i used smd import plugin for 3d max 8 (very old but the only one working).
CheloXL
beginner

Post by CheloXL »

I was able to export the models, but not the animations... is there any tool that let me convert the animations too?