Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Webm won't open.

Need help in demystifying video formats of your favourite game? Go here.
AnHikaru
ultra-n00b

Webm won't open.

Post by AnHikaru »

Hello! :)
I'm working on a Skill Simulator for the game Black Desert Online. The in-game skilltree has video previews for each active skill. I found the files (webm) but they won't play on any player (even VLC) or browser (IE, Firefox, Opera...). Some pngs and jpgs are not opening too. It's some kind of protection, isn't it?

I'm sorry for the silly question, but...Is there any way for having this to work? Or I'll have to record each video individually? D:

I compressed 3 samples below:
https://mega.co.nz/#!0UAkRZiT!kjblgUlRo ... 1zZGgprxRg
GMMan
veteran

Re: Webm won't open.

Post by GMMan »

Those files aren't real. They consist of one byte of 0x01 and the rest is filled with zeros. Notice how your .rar file compresses to 855 bytes? No actual video file will compress to that small.
Currently researching: Alpha Prime scripting (AI and mods)
Queued: EE .cache repacking, CustomPak repacking, Gameloft Scrambled Zip multitool, GRAF Extractor Skeleton repacking, Gun Metal filenames CRC
AnHikaru
ultra-n00b

Post by AnHikaru »

I see...But it looks like someone called "Formica" managed to get these files working at: http://form1ca.ru/media/bdo/calc/calc_01war.html ...Any ideas? D: (just mouseover the skill boxes)
Checking the website's preview videos "get" folder, it's the exact as the game's folder.
GMMan
veteran

Post by GMMan »

Well, the files you uploaded were empty. Maybe try obtaining them again?
Currently researching: Alpha Prime scripting (AI and mods)
Queued: EE .cache repacking, CustomPak repacking, Gameloft Scrambled Zip multitool, GRAF Extractor Skeleton repacking, Gun Metal filenames CRC