Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ar Nosurge GMT file help

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Esbeckett
ultra-n00b

Ar Nosurge GMT file help

Post by Esbeckett »

So, after coming here, finding everything in the disc is in Elixir.gz, not compressed in any Linkdata.bin or anything, I can easily identify characters in PCXX

However, I'm a bit confused if I'm missing something obvious, because there's an elixir.gz of each character's animation state, a _MODEL, and a few names I can't identify. I figured I'd try only extracting the _MODEL by moving those gz's into another folder and extracting them with the DW7 unpack

Using 3DSMax and the Maxscript for importing G1Ms (dw7-1), which still have the model base, I end up with no UV data, but the G1t extracts into DDS textures of the normal and specular maps just fine. This results in me not actually being able to apply materials, since it lands in one solid colour. I'm not sure what I'm missing here. Am I going to have to remap the thing entirely, or is there something I'm missing?

Kinda worried I'm doing something awful here now. Every other Elixir is filled with G1A's, which would be kind of useful if I knew what I was doing in the first place.