Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Shadow Of Mordor .arch05

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
ELCID777
ultra-n00b

Re: Shadow Of Mordor .arch05

Post by ELCID777 »

aluigi wrote:The QuickBMS script already exists, it covers the compressed embb archives, the non-compressed ones, textures, LTMI and there are even a couple of separated scripts to allow reimporting:
http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&<a href="http://cityadspix.com/tsclick-BQBE4NTK- ... kw=t%3D185" target="_blank" alt="Planet T-301 185/60 R15 84H" title="Planet T-301 185/60 R15 84H" style="">t=185</a>
http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=208
oh wow, thanks for this.

so is this all that's need to extract and repack textures?
gregkwaste
advanced

Post by gregkwaste »

I updated the Explorer :D

https://bitbucket.org/gregkwaste/.arch0 ... _v0.15a.7z

I am pretty sure that it can open ALL the .arch05 files and get the correct file names.
Unfortunately the only file it can't handle (past the 4gb limit) is the udun.arch05 because of 32 bit issues which i just realised. I'll try building it in 64bit mode.

I am also planning to add a texture previewer just to get a quick preview of the textures.

Repacking seems hard though because pretty much all files are compressed. Ultra HD textures maybe need a whole archive rebuild. Maybe i am missing something, but i guess i'd need help from more experienced guys, in order to find if this is possible :D
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

The new build is still not extracting the pck files.

Noting happens when i highlight the file inside the EMBB explorer and click export.
gregkwaste
advanced

Post by gregkwaste »

OrangeC wrote:The new build is still not extracting the pck files.

Noting happens when i highlight the file inside the EMBB explorer and click export.
I think i have never mentioned that the exported files go to C:\ and follow the struct in the embb file :D

I just checked and i exported some pck and some bnk files as well :)
pck files are a bit small though i am not sure if this is correct :S
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

haha oops. didn't even bother to check there. :D

Thanks.!
passburger
n00b

Post by passburger »

As far as I know, there no way to repack just yet not even with quickBMS.
But I was thinking here, that maybe if we leave the folders unpacked int he right structure, and misplace the packed files, the game might read it from the unpacked directory?
I know that other games do.
Probably not the most viable solution (if this works), but at least it's a start.
Isilfor
n00b

Post by Isilfor »

Anyone familiar with this database format?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz30dU ... sp=sharing
Starnova
n00b

Post by Starnova »

Hi, is there a way to extract Vo.pck? I tried with this program you made but it doesnt even open it. Regards.
gregkwaste
advanced

Post by gregkwaste »

Starnova wrote:Hi, is there a way to extract Vo.pck? I tried with this program you made but it doesnt even open it. Regards.
tell me the arch05 file, i've found some erros myself and i am trying to fix them.
Starnova
n00b

Post by Starnova »

gregkwaste wrote:
Starnova wrote:Hi, is there a way to extract Vo.pck? I tried with this program you made but it doesnt even open it. Regards.
tell me the arch05 file, i've found some erros myself and i am trying to fix them.
That's the problem, is not an arch05 file. The location is "...Shadow of Mordor/Game/Sound". Aluigi said is the same header than Borderlands 2, but I want to extract the subtitles in it. The script only extracts WAV files.
http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/bm ... s2_pck.bms

I saw that OrangeC opened it, so I though it was the same file.
gregkwaste
advanced

Post by gregkwaste »

Starnova wrote:
gregkwaste wrote:
That's the problem, is not an arch05 file. The location is "...Shadow of Mordor/Game/Sound". Aluigi said is the same header than Borderlands 2, but I want to extract the subtitles in it. The script only extracts WAV files.
http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/bm ... s2_pck.bms

I saw that OrangeC opened it, so I though it was the same file.
Ah so its not an .arch05 file. I can't do much now, i'll fix the arch05 issues for now, and if i find some time i'll look on the pck as well :D
passburger
n00b

Post by passburger »

What are the news on the repacking? Has anyone tried what I suggested?

Tudelou.
gregkwaste
advanced

Post by gregkwaste »

passburger wrote:What are the news on the repacking? Has anyone tried what I suggested?

Tudelou.
I personally haven't tried anything yet, i made some pretty serious and big fixes in the explorer.

Now it works ok with the biggest archives as well (udun.arch05). 64 Bit memory offsets :D

Anyway the script requires python 64 bit for obvious reasons. Because its the same script running in 32 and 64 bit mode, it will work in any python version. You'll just get memory errors when trying to access files over the limit :)

Because of this huge archive searching, i realised that previewing these TONS of files in a treeview just sucks. Thats why i converted this treeview to a simple sortable list.
The other major issue that i solved was the naming inside the embb file as well. I was reading the names wrong and that lead most of the time to files with wrong names. Thats fixed once and for all.
I also added embb file export support, in case anyone needs to investigate something himself. The export button is the same, you just have to select (ONLY ONE) an embb file first.

I'll update the repository in a couple of minutes for the ppl who are comfortable with python, and i'll try to make a 64 build of the app with py2exe. I hope it works.

I've also include all the information in the first post
Paul44
advanced

Post by Paul44 »

I've been experimenting with Watch Dogs, and used a batchfile there to extract the DDS files "automatically". Based on the example posted earlier, I could easily adapt this for SoM.
I assume that - for the Fullname extraction - the folder structure always starts at position 18.
Unfortunately, sofar I'm not able to extract any of the arch05 files with quickbms. I keep getting error: "Not enough storage is available to process this command.". No matter what script/EXE I am using (EXE=standard or 4GB vs)...
And I tried this on several arch05 files.
p

ps: you'll need to download Swiss File Knife yourself (which is what I use to extract)
ps2: I've 4 GB Ram memory
ps3: you can easily adapt the batchfile to analogue file types (w/ header)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
passburger
n00b

Post by passburger »

Paul44 wrote:I've been experimenting with...
I had the same "memory errors", that's because you're not using the right script.
Try this one instead ==> http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/bms ... mordor.bms