Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by HeliosAI »

loriscangini wrote:No, I mean that some maps are missing, for example the alpha map of Clara's hairs, there is one but I think that something is still missing.
No that one is actually the correct one^^ I think the models use two UV channels for hairs because Clara isn't the only one with hair issues. The game Deus Ex: Human Revolution had different UV sets for models on hair aswell and Watch Dogs seems to do it the same way. (If you look at the normal map of the hair you can see that it uses the same UV layout as the alpha texture.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

How exactly are filenames found?
Gnampf
ultra-n00b

Post by Gnampf »

Did someone found the Music of the bunker mission? Or is it now possible to unpack and convert the hole music files?
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

Filenames base update to > 192362/310356 (61%) - here
rengareng
veteran

Post by rengareng »

Does anybody looked at .loc files?
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

They compressed or encrypted.
rengareng
veteran

Post by rengareng »

Is it possible debug exe to find compression/encryption code like in Sleeping Dogs?
loriscangini
advanced

Post by loriscangini »

o0Crofty0o wrote:
loriscangini wrote:No, I mean that some maps are missing, for example the alpha map of Clara's hairs, there is one but I think that something is still missing.
No that one is actually the correct one^^ I think the models use two UV channels for hairs because Clara isn't the only one with hair issues. The game Deus Ex: Human Revolution had different UV sets for models on hair aswell and Watch Dogs seems to do it the same way. (If you look at the normal map of the hair you can see that it uses the same UV layout as the alpha texture.
I think you are right, but I haven't figured out how to do to make them look ok, do you know how to do?

For example I tried with Jordi, the diffuse texture is ok and fits with the UV maps, the alpha one doesn't
Paul44
advanced

Post by Paul44 »

I've created several batchfiles for 2 reasons: do some reconverting to reduce the game size for backup purposes, and allow me to do these processes in batch form (to see some level of progress). The tools are there, but either use a GUI or are file-per-file based.
Obviously, all credits go to the appropriate contributors/authors of said tools/info.
p

ps1: some remarks/input
Currently, it does not seem possible to reimport ONLY those files one has changed (like one is - sometimes - able to do with Quickbms: "-r -w" parameters).
Technically, this should be possible as long as the new file is '=<' the original file (the original position and size seem to be known, which I conclude from other tools I've tried out)
Repacking larger dat-files causes Watch Dogs to crash (either directly through its original DAT/FAT file or via Patch.dat).
There is a Quickbms script that allows one to export a "flat" file-list with hex-named files. Unfortunately, this script does not allow to reimport...

It would be great though if one could simply play the game with extracted folder structures. This would probably also give a performance boost on some machines as well. But that does not seem to be possible right now (unless through the use of a modified EXE)... (apparently, I read somewhere that it is possible on the Xbox?!)

It seems that the sound files (.sbao) are also 'trailed' with an additional header of 55 bytes long. The author of [xbt2dds] could easily extend its functionality by either adding this option, or - more generically - allow a "start ~ end" byte position. (Trunc only allows an end-position).
One could use [Sox] to convert these files into many different formats, such as MP3 and WAV (or reconvert in OGG). For Ogg-conversion, make sure to use v14.4 and "sndfile" library for better results.

ps2: U had to remove most EXE-files to keep the rar_size small, but these can easily be found/downloaded. Most batchfiles will tell you if a file is missing...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cra0
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by cra0 »

Paul44 wrote:The author of [xbt2dds] could easily extend its functionality by either adding this option, or - more generically - allow a "start ~ end" byte position. (Trunc only allows an end-position).
https://github.com/cra0kalo/xbt2dds
Source is there
Oleg
beginner

Post by Oleg »

I use packing into patch.fat/.dat files for testing, but Uplay uses to replace the patch with the downloaded one after each restart of PC. Does this tool resolve this problem for modding? I guess it changes files straight in *_world.fat/.dat files, correct?
Paul44
advanced

Post by Paul44 »

@cra0
Believe me, if I could, I would already have done that.
Programming is not (no longer) my forte. The last time I did some serious programming was with Clipper and LotusScripting, back in "ye old days".
p
Paul44
advanced

Import directly to Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by Paul44 »

I've spent my sunday afternoon figuring this one out, and got it pretty close after lots of experimenting. I've explained all this in a PDF doc. But since one is limited in upload file size, you'll get a link to that file.
(http://www.4shared.com/office/JzvidBwLb ... mport.html)

I hope this work will "tantalize" somebody to get me going on the long run :)
p
Paul44
advanced

Post by Paul44 »

I identified some additional 'filelist' names. And have added the batchfile I've used to create the appropriate DDS files (which can easily be extended for other 'header-included' file formats). (also Swiss File Knife not incl)
p

ps:@ Rick. Quickbms EXE makes a distinction for files <> 4 GB. maybe something to consider for packed files larger then 4GB (like windy_city). I've reduced videos.dat to 2 GB, and the game has not yet crashed sofar...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul44
advanced

Post by Paul44 »

Can't edit/attach additional files, so...
(missed writing down the 1st file, hence ???)
p

ps:No idea how to add those to the filelist, since I could not find a clear explanation. Dito for a way to find those names.