Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Beyond: Two Souls - Reversing | Porting (THAT'S ALL FOLKS?)

Programs that are related to this or that game.
Hamers
beginner

Re: Beyond: Two Souls - Reversing | Porting (!!!TEXTURES!!!)

Post by Hamers »

Welp I forget to check this thread for 2 weeks and another set of huge updates :D :D Awesome work! Really nice to see the collaborated effort paying off. I sense fully textured environments coming soon :twisted:

@Hugo
If you have some spare time (and if it's not asking too much) could you maybe check something for me in "1902 Homeless Miracles" ? Since you can now remove/disable triggers (that feature would be sick to have in your MOD btw) I'm curious what happens if you go back on the street and try to advance the story (supermarket/house/baby) without going through the part where you have to eat with the homeless gang. Normally there is a trigger before the street turning you back, but I'm wondering if the game logic is activated behind it. I told you a while ago I'm trying to break Beyond a little bit for speedrunning purposes and there is a glitch that allows you to make Jodie walk through some triggers without activating them (by calling Aiden at the right moment while doing a turn around). It's pretty fucking hard to do in some spots though, so it would be nice to know if it's even worth the effort xD
HugoPeters
veteran

Post by HugoPeters »

Hamers wrote:Welp I forget to check this thread for 2 weeks and another set of huge updates :D :D Awesome work! Really nice to see the collaborated effort paying off. I sense fully textured environments coming soon :twisted:

@Hugo
If you have some spare time (and if it's not asking too much) could you maybe check something for me in "1902 Homeless Miracles" ? Since you can now remove/disable triggers (that feature would be sick to have in your MOD btw) I'm curious what happens if you go back on the street and try to advance the story (supermarket/house/baby) without going through the part where you have to eat with the homeless gang. Normally there is a trigger before the street turning you back, but I'm wondering if the game logic is activated behind it. I told you a while ago I'm trying to break Beyond a little bit for speedrunning purposes and there is a glitch that allows you to make Jodie walk through some triggers without activating them (by calling Aiden at the right moment while doing a turn around). It's pretty fucking hard to do in some spots though, so it would be nice to know if it's even worth the effort xD
Hmm... *sniff* *sniff*, yeah, I can smell it. It's close by. :D

I disabled the trigger zone, and I was able to walk through the whole scene, but the other triggers are disabled, so nothing happens.
Btw, if you want I can add you on Skype so I can help you break the game? :P

"I'm going to throw my shit at you" —The Great Mighty Poo
_______________________>> check my portfolio I wish the [center] bbcode was turned on
_______________________>> or my twitter
Hamers
beginner

Post by Hamers »

Do I want? Yeah I think I do :P Will send you a PM :D
RunaWhite
veteran

Post by RunaWhite »

Hugo, I just wanted to thank you for the hard work on the models! Good to see the textures are finally available too! Keep up the good work :)
HugoPeters
veteran

Post by HugoPeters »

Stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUqPOOoC8xU

Spoiler: got clothing (and thus hair) working too finally.

_______________________>> check my portfolio I wish the [center] bbcode was turned on
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

HugoPeters wrote:Stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUqPOOoC8xU

Spoiler: got clothing (and thus hair) working too finally.
Lol good news!!!
lion589
beginner

Post by lion589 »

I have a question about the game exploit, Can you model swap Jodie with any character in the game or is it limited to the playable chapter?
HugoPeters
veteran

Post by HugoPeters »

lion589 wrote:I have a question about the game exploit, Can you model swap Jodie with any character in the game or is it limited to the playable chapter?
I can swap any model with any model, as long as they are available in the same scene. For instance, in Navajo, I can swap Jodie's model with the dog's model (hilarious btw), but I can't swap Jodie's model in say The Dinner with the Navajo dog model.

HugoPeters
veteran

Post by HugoPeters »

Some more screenshots!

Beware! My lighting sucks! My normals suck! My anti-aliasing sucks! I'm moving to a new renderer atm!

ImageImage
ImageImage

Jodan
n00b

Post by Jodan »

It has been forever since I've been on this site... love the 3d world but have not had any time as of late. So I was just curious if any new things have come about and I found this thread (because of your post in the 3d/2d models thread... think your right about it being mostly unnoticed..made me laugh).

This is some outstanding work, saw the videos of the scripts in action, very cool developments. I have to say seeing how they can create these very believable people and places is just amazing. More and more realism everyday... motion capture/3d scanning just brings these games to life and the details they can bring into people now... it was not long ago that this was unimaginable. Thanks for the glimpse behind the curtain... certainly can't wait to see more. Some seriously talent was needed to bring all these many and different nuances together always a Wow.QuanticDream and all those who make this type of artwork definitely do this for love the craft.
HugoPeters
veteran

Post by HugoPeters »

Support

As you may know, this category of XeNTaX doesn't get as much attention as we'd like it to get!
That's why I made this badge:

Code: Select all

[url=http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=11411][img]http://i.imgur.com/EUcneAM.png[/img][/url]
So now, you can show your support of this project by putting the badge in your signature!

Let's take over XeNTaX, one signature at the time!

Gruselgurke
advanced

Post by Gruselgurke »

This is nuts! Would be huge if you can actually pull that port of, looking really good so far.
JohnHudeski
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JohnHudeski »

I want in
deepshit
advanced

Post by deepshit »

I like the idea for support.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Ok already supporting this crap :P