Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

demon's souls FLV file

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
joqqy
advanced

Re: demon's souls FLV file

Post by joqqy »

Gh0stBlade wrote:This will let you view the .TPF textures in Noesis for this game.

Someone requested in another thread so I figured I'd post it here too!

I get this error when trying to view .tpf textures in Noesis:

---------------------------
Noesis Python Error
---------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Tools\noesis\plugins\python\fmt_dark_souls_tpf.py", line 34, in noepyLoadRGBA
TpfName = bs.readString()
File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Tools\noesis\plugins\python\inc_noesis.py", line 152, in readString
return noesis.bsReadString(self.h)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x80 in position 0: invalid start byte
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

joqqy wrote:
Gh0stBlade wrote:This will let you view the .TPF textures in Noesis for this game.

That's what happens when you only get one sample. Just drop me a PM with the one you have problems with and I'll update the script. It was programmed to handle the single file I was sent. I did not have any other files to try.

Cheers.

Edit: Just looking at the error message it's saying the error is with the script:

fmt_dark_souls_tpf.py

This is not my python script it's loading so that indicates there is a collision. You must delete the fmt_dark_souls_tpf.py or rename it to something else so it doesn't collide with:

fmt_DemonSouls_TPF.py

Probably should work.
Click the thanks button if I helped!
joqqy
advanced

Post by joqqy »

Gh0stBlade wrote:
joqqy wrote:

Edit: Just looking at the error message it's saying the error is with the script:

fmt_dark_souls_tpf.py

This is not my python script it's loading so that indicates there is a collision. You must delete the fmt_dark_souls_tpf.py or rename it to something else so it doesn't collide with:

fmt_DemonSouls_TPF.py

Probably should work.
Many Thanks, that did the trick, works fine now.

Was not paying attention in the error message that the dark souls .tpf script was colliding with your updated one. But that was indeed the problem.

Best Regards
joq
TehDave
advanced

Post by TehDave »

PSN took fucking forever to download this shit, but I've gone through most of the files already. More pics coming soon-ish.
dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 »

TehDave wrote:Image

PSN took fucking forever to download this shit, but I've gone through most of the files already. More pics coming soon-ish.
excuse me throw the texture of the armor? fails to take the diffuse and specular!
TehDave
advanced

Post by TehDave »

There's a noesis script on the last page that lets you export the textures.
dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 »

TehDave wrote:There's a noesis script on the last page that lets you export the textures.
I have already used that script but I just read the normal armor!
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

Updated script.. 8D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Click the thanks button if I helped!
dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 »

Gh0stBlade wrote:Updated script.. 8D
I tried the updated script, but it seems that the diffusive and specular texture stops are situated not just in that folder! is there a way to know which texture using a model in 3d studio max?

and in any case there is a problem with the script of the models. unable to import the characters but not the objects as weapons!
TehDave
advanced

Post by TehDave »

as far as I'm aware the script doesn't grab the material assignments, unlike dark souls though most of the textures are descriptively named.

Any news on updating the script to output proper bone names and fix some of the improper bone placement on certain meshes? And any chance this script might possibly support Dark Souls 1 and 2 as well?
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Bone names yes, bone position/transformation for some meshes - no. I stuck with bone matrix, since I'm not very interested in these games, I'm not planning to return to them. Script is here, info about .flver too - I'm sure someone will continue work on this format. As for Dark Souls 1,2 I have scripts for them too, but they share same issues like Demon's Souls.
Dibe91, which characters models doesn't work for you? Send me them in PM, if you want
Making model-import scripts, PM
TehDave
advanced

Post by TehDave »

Do you mind posting the scripts for the other two games? Currently neither Dark Souls have a import script for their models and I know weights and bones for their meshes have been on people's wishlist for a while.

I also had a thought about animations, if the script eventually can assign the actual bone names, the animations should finally be usable outside of Havok's SDK. The SDK has no problem reading and playing back the HKX files since it can see the skeleton, and converting them to gamebryo .KF works, but since there's no skeleton with proper bone names to bind to, they can be imported and edited.

I realize you can probably just rename the helpers to the actual bone names by reading them in Havok SDK but that's pretty tedious to do by hand.

EDIT: I almost forgot about the bug I was going to report with the current Demon's Souls script, as far as everything in the chr directory goes, they import fine with no issues outside of the messed up bone rotations for some, but certain meshes, namely stuff from parts and certain level geometry don't import properly (missing entire elements, like the Dark Silver set worn by Garl Vinland, the helmet doesn't import properly, and meshes I found that possibly belong to the cut 6th archstone maps).

I'm still looking through the stuff I've extracted to see if there are any more specific examples of models that don't import properly, and I'll post samples of them here when I find them since I'm not sure if it's just certain meshes or something like what happened with Dark Souls where some models used different vert types that meant an import method for one model might not work other kinds of models
dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 »

zaramot wrote:Bone names yes, bone position/transformation for some meshes - no. I stuck with bone matrix, since I'm not very interested in these games, I'm not planning to return to them. Script is here, info about .flver too - I'm sure someone will continue work on this format. As for Dark Souls 1,2 I have scripts for them too, but they share same issues like Demon's Souls.
Dibe91, which characters models doesn't work for you? Send me them in PM, if you want
the characters reads them fine, but if I try to import a weapon alone, nothing happens
TehDave
advanced

Post by TehDave »

I can confirm this too, I finally got around to trying the actual weapon models and they don't import at all. I think you might have posted an older version of your script then it seems, since nothing out of the weapons folder seems to work but it does for you.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Yup guys, my bad. Try this one, should work fine! Let me know if there will be something wrong
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Making model-import scripts, PM