Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Swordman 《武林外传》

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Swordman 《武林外传》

Post by CriticalError »

Hello well this is not a new format as well, is know format SKI from Wanmei, maybe somebody like "Zaramot" can take into files because he made scripts for this games, ok many thanks for all support and hope somebody can take a look into this format for see what can do, thanks.

Web: http://wulin2.wanmei.com/main.htm
Download: http://wulin2.wanmei.com/download/index.shtml

Samples

http://puu.sh/b5K5M/7c3b9837d9.7z
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Swordman 《武林外传》

Post by mariokart64n »

why make another topic ? why not post in the topic zaramot since he already has a project open for that game series
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11824

also if you going to just call someone out in a topic like that just PM them.
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

mariokart64n wrote:why make another topic ? why not post in the topic zaramot since he already has a project open for that game series
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11824

also if you going to just call someone out in a topic like that just PM them.
the game is other mario, is not the same, the game post Zaramot is:

Swordsman 笑傲江湖 OL

http://xa.wanmei.com/download/

Mine

Swordman 《武林外传》

http://wulin2.wanmei.com/download/index.shtml

anyway thanks for suggestion, I don't create a new topic for nothing mario, just I checked that before, anyway have a nice day.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

...right I suppose it would be stupid for the company to make both games and use the same engine for both of them too.. I bet the file formats are incredibly different. I hope someone like "Zaramot" can save us
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

mariokart64n wrote:...right I suppose it would be stupid for the company to make both games and use the same engine for both of them too.. I bet the file formats are incredibly different. I hope someone like "Zaramot" can save us
yeah you right, anyway thanks a lot mario, take care my friend.
fatduck
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by fatduck »

You should try this one: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11539
This engine used to call Element3D, which is developed by Perfect World(company) itself.
So the format used in almost all 3D game they develope!

Swordsman actually base on this engine as well, Just added a lot of advance shading stuff, so basically the material part changed!
No more Fatduck, no more FatImporter, Byebye everyone!
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Two games with same name? OMG they must be kidding...
Making model-import scripts, PM
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Okay, as Corey and Fatduck said formats are alsmot the same, this maxscript should work for you!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

zaramot wrote:Okay, as Corey and Fatduck said formats are alsmot the same, this maxscript should work for you!

well many thanks guys for try support, really I tested script and no load any model, so don't know what you upload Zaramot, I tested with files upload, and others I have unapcked and no load any, here the error, tested in Max 9 and Max 2010.

PS: and maybe you can add same thing as Swordsman, for remember last path where we load models or bones.

The script stop right there: getPos = ftell fstream + fixedLen

>> MAXScript FileIn Exception: -- No ""+"" function for undefined <<
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Attach one model without textures here, have no idea why - but they works for me lol

P.S. BTW, how you're run my scripts? Maxscript-Run Script? If so, I suggest you to use folowing - MaxScript-Maxsccipt Editor - in editor's window File-Open (my script), then just use ctrl+e to run script! Don't close editor's window, you can run it so many times as you need
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

zaramot wrote:Attach one model without textures here, have no idea why - but they works for me lol

P.S. BTW, how you're run my scripts? Maxscript-Run Script? If so, I suggest you to use folowing - MaxScript-Maxsccipt Editor - in editor's window File-Open (my script), then just use ctrl+e to run script! Don't close editor's window, you can run it so many times as you need
well same here as saint seiya import script, first of all this not have unicode support, so for this reason MAX give error with models, about textures, I rename them too, I put in main folder as SKI, I leave in textures too and anyway still won't load, so you can explain better what is your way of work with that when test models? many thanks for all bro.

I use your method to load it and anyway won't load textures, weapons models only import a square Main Root called.

Last edited by CriticalError on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Sure I'm renaming files, my OS doesn't have support for Chinese/Japan languages and text, I tried to add unicode support for this script, like for SSO too. If it's not work that's bad, I thought the only game which doesn't have unicode support for now it's SwordsMan, there it's true I even don't try to do this lol. It's hard to implement unicode support, since for me it will not work anyway I think
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

zaramot wrote:Sure I'm renaming files, my OS doesn't have support for Chinese/Japan languages and text, I tried to add unicode support for this script, like for SSO too. If it's not work that's bad, I thought the only game which doesn't have unicode support for now it's SwordsMan, there it's true I even don't try to do this lol. It's hard to implement unicode support, since for me it will not work anyway I think
ok thansk anyway, but textures still won't load as method you say, so don't have idea wtf going on.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Models working here after renaming them or nope? I tried weapons too, seems they working
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

zaramot wrote:Models working here after renaming them or nope? I tried weapons too, seems they working
yes weapon models load but no texture, I try all ways and no work, I rename all files to for example Blade10.ski, .bon,etc .dds and anyway won't work.