Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Diablo III .app

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
freakshow
beginner

Re: Diablo III .app

Post by freakshow »

still getting an error from animation script(script called function got unidentified) or something along those lines, could it be that i didnt update to RoS? vanilla d3 models import perfectly tho
TaylorMouse
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by TaylorMouse »

Did you get my latest scripts from SC2Mapster, it has a change for RoS and Vanilla.

http://www.sc2mapster.com/assets/sc1-ra ... rt-script/

T.
freakshow
beginner

Post by freakshow »

yeah and still getting the same error when trying to import anims on both 3ds max 09 and 11
freakshow
beginner

Post by freakshow »

can anyone actually help me with this? maybe im using the scripts the wrong way? do i need to put the ani and app in the same files or anything like this?

EDIT: working now but with a slight weight problem in the demon hunter male run animation
TheRealMethuselah
n00b

Post by TheRealMethuselah »

Had no problems here with DH Running...

"I'd love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code."
TaylorMouse
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by TaylorMouse »

Finally gotten somewhere with my model viewer, you can download it from here:

http://www.sc2mapster.com/assets/sc1-ra ... el-viewer/

T.
TheRealMethuselah
n00b

Very well done, TM.

Will we see animation selection soon?
TaylorMouse
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by TaylorMouse »

No, it is not on the planning to do, but I'm holding no-one back to implement it :)

The reason I made this, is that I didn't want to import each model into max to look at it, and I wanted it to be browsable like you browse images, so you can see what the model is.

Also, I wanted to add functionality for SC2 models too, but it looks like I missed something cause multi-submeshes are completely screwed...

T.
TheRealMethuselah
n00b

That sounds great. If you'd like to release the source code, I'd be happy to help in implementing multi-submeshes and animation.
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Wobble »

[out]
Last edited by Wobble on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amzerof6
advanced

Post by amzerof6 »

thanks,this is a greadtool!!
nyxo
advanced

Post by nyxo »

Hey guys, I had need for the Diablo3 010 Template recently, so I grabbed what I believe to be the most recent one on this thread, titled diablo3app_260 (note that I'm working with the most recent patch of RoS). It was failing to execute in all cases because of a missing variable, and also lacking in some information that I needed for my own purposes, so I did a small amount of research and thought I'd share my findings with you guys since you're more the authority on Diablo3 stuff than I (I specialize in Dark Souls currently).

# In the SubObject struct, at the end should be 8 more bytes, which I added as int pad4b_260[2]; - this fixed things so the template could run properly.
# In the AppearanceMaterial struct, you calculate the number of SOAs by taking serSOAs.Size and dividing by 248. The number of SOAs is actually directly related to the number of looks in the file - every material will have a SOA for each look. Since each SOA is 248 bytes, from what I've been able to see, it's a happy coincidence that your calculation works out.
# In the UberMaterial struct, you calculate the number of MaterialTextureEntrys by taking serMatTexList.Size and dividing by 184 - the correct size in my files appears to be 160, which is supported in the next point.
# The TexAnimParams struct is too large. Removing FrameAnim fa0; and int i4 from the end puts it at the right size, but you obviously lose whatever information FrameAnim was supposed to have in it. It may just need to be moved elsewhere in the struct or something instead.
# I believe this was mentioned by somebody earlier, but I'll list it here again: In the TexAnimParams struct, the very first variable, marked i0, is actually the texture ID. As you probably know, these texture IDs can be obtained from the headers of the individual .TEX files themselves.
~Nyxo~
||| Twitter ||| Youtube |||
tesla
ultra-n00b

Post by tesla »

Good evening everyone, i'm kinda new to extracting stuff from .MPQs and I need to see if it's possible to extract the 3D model for the Black Soulstone!

Can anyone guide me or help me to get the model?

Sorry if i'm bothering!
Thanks in advance
Wobble
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Wobble »

[out]
Last edited by Wobble on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amran
ultra-n00b

Post by Amran »

The model viewer looks great, thanks for working on this!

I'm wondering if I'm missing something with setting up the textures. I've extracted the DDS files using TexConv, and then set the texture path in the config file (value="E:\DiabloTextures\"), but they don't seem to load when opening models. If anyone knows what I might be missing, that would be great!