Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
mikulover39
advanced

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by mikulover39 »

I got a friend of mine to roughly translate that warning. Basically it's saying that they have official in game ways to upload videos and pictures to youtube and facebook and that you should not extract or modify the games content without permission including character models or content made through modifying character models.
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

wow, scary, lucky we do none of that here then :D
252gt
beginner

Post by 252gt »

What a DLC :constipated:

I want DOA X3 :D

and people are so stupid to share ports to TN facebook, twitter page :eek:
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Thanks, Miku +1 AllStar status, :)

Thanks for the translation too. Guess they finally thought it was time to say something. :-/

Ros, Momiji progress is looking good.

Looks like latest additions have full tops for towels.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

mikulover39 wrote:I got a friend of mine to roughly translate that warning. Basically it's saying that they have official in game ways to upload videos and pictures to youtube and facebook and that you should not extract or modify the games content without permission including character models or content made through modifying character models.
Lol, I thought the warning was more extrict... hehehe thanks for the info. Their posture is totally lax compared to the ninja-hacker incident, well I imagine meanwhile they're selling virtual clothes and having a huge profit of it, they don't really care. but anyways, we should be cautious.
paradoxflyer
ultra-n00b

Post by paradoxflyer »

I'm using 3DS Max, I'm still new at editing models, I keep getting this border on the chest, legs, etc. How can I get rid of it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

paradoxflyer wrote:I'm using 3DS Max, I'm still new at editing models, I keep getting this border on the chest, legs, etc. How can I get rid of it?
I recomend to watch Mario's tutorials before using the models for whatever you want:

https://www.youtube.com/user/mariokart6 ... shelf_id=0

Here you have:

and then:

For more references, watch Mario's tutorials.
paradoxflyer
ultra-n00b

Post by paradoxflyer »

Darko wrote:
paradoxflyer wrote:I'm using 3DS Max, I'm still new at editing models, I keep getting this border on the chest, legs, etc. How can I get rid of it?
I recomend to watch Mario's tutorials before using the models for whatever you want:

https://www.youtube.com/user/mariokart6 ... shelf_id=0

Here you have:

and then:

For more references, watch Mario's tutorials.

Thank you very much, this is very helpful
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

Hello everyone, I've been absent for a while.
I've been doing something with weight and textures.

I realized that the lisa's weight is a little bit cruder compared to newer characters.
So I felt that I should fix some of them and I'm still working on it.

And.. I brought one another issue.
I saw a picture uploaded by penguin(maybe) on the core.
Then I realized that if you have made marie's body with another character, then you are going to get a weird shade under marie's breasts.

I could guess It's about normal values of vertices.
I guessed that there happens a kind of normal mismatch when bigger breast adjusted to smaller, flat breasts.

And I think it's quite ugly.
I'm thinking about fixing it.

Thank you very much miku, about your update. :)

anyway What is TN?

Testing on fixing weight has failed.
It looks more complicated and bigger problem.
but change is small.
I'll do it later.
Last edited by Rosalin on Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

TN refers to Team Ninja.

I've seen that weird shading before today, but it never bothered me enough to look in to it, since its minor compared to the amount of projects I keep thinking up.

I really like using the towel models as some new baseline models, but the shirt ones are an issue since there are only two mesh groups to begin with, lol. I'm not sure how to do a valid injection without either using Lisa's and scaling it or custom forming some other model. XD
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

gone :bleh:
Last edited by Lilstormcloud on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rosalin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Rosalin »

Don't worry. I'm making progress a little bit by myself.
What's worrying is the result I should get.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Auto snapping is primarily ineffective, so I reverted to snapping the verts manually in 3dsmax, which is getting the job done for MR.

Good news, I did a test of appending an mesh to the end of an existing mesh group. Worked fine, one snag. The first vert of the add group seems to draw weird, so I converted it to FF's in the Index layer. At that point, it looked fine in Noesis in 3dsmax. I'm getting some weirdness in game though. It loads fine on the select screen but never loads for an actual fight. Trying to narrow it down to a bone issue or something else.

Edit:
Well the addition method is a bit easier than a normal injection + expansion. Seems to work consistently. There is a problem with Momiji's Bedtime costume slot. Nothing wants to load when Player 1 selects the costume, but on the select screen and player 2 everything works fine. Strange. At least there is nothing wrong with the method. Should make combining models a bit simpler.
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

Nice :D
Last edited by Lilstormcloud on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

I'm not sure how he'd even pull that off unless he has a different injection script which can actually ignore / bypass verts.... OR has something which calculates vert id's effectively to isolate those groups.

I probably won't focus on that until much later, since at least addition now allows for complete meshes even without bikini depressions. The only deficits are the extra steps of bone subs on the compressed(hidden) portions and the extra file size which is moot until we have proper encryption working for the goofy costume slots. :-/

The only main difference with additions are...
When adding to an end Mesh group the Indices need to be offset by the total vert count for the group (2C, etc) minus the start index (vert) of the object being appended. That's what I missed when I attempted it a few months ago.