Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[PS3] Destiny Beta .PKG files

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
alientech
n00b

[PS3] Destiny Beta .PKG files

Post by alientech »

Hi. I want to learn how this package file work. So, I need someone help me learn about its structures. Here a simple file and a simple hex code from this file.

A simple file : <link removed due forum rules violation>
Screenshot : http://1drv.ms/1lkSyrr

Let me know how to read .pkg files and unpack.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by alientech on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: [PS3] Destiny Beta .PKG files

Post by AlphaTwentyThree »

Well I only know the extractor: http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/pkg ... ctor-2117/
Why do you want to learn about the format? Modding?
If you like what you see, why not click the little Thank You button? ;) It will definitely motivate me! :)
And here's Mr.Mouse's Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 8469022795 - thanks ;)
brendan19
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by brendan19 »

The PKG files alientech is talking about are within the PS3 PKG format. The only thing it shares is the same extension.
alientech
n00b

Post by alientech »

Yeah, I want to mod the file and I want to know more about file structures.
Joonie86
ultra-n00b

Post by Joonie86 »

If you guys want to unpack EDAT files from this game, you guys need to grab RAP file that contains RIF keys,

and EDAT can be easily decrypted with KLIC KEY and RAP file on these days,

try to find this file on the internet, "EP0002-NPEB02097_00-DSTPUBLICBETAP30.rap" this will do the trick to decrypt NPDRM EDAT files :)

Of course you guys need EDAT Decrypter as well, Jikkyu's EDAT Rebuilder 1.45 c works really well :)
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

The PS3 files are "off limits" for me. It appears that they are encrypted (most likely) or are using an unknown compression. The Xbox 360 beta files can't be obtained due to the file system they use, it has not been figured how to obtain the direct files from GoD based games.

I'm guessing we'd have to hope that the PC/Xbox final releases do not use this (they most likely will)...
Click the thanks button if I helped!
Alexis
beginner

Post by Alexis »

Gh0stBlade wrote:The PS3 files are "off limits" for me. It appears that they are encrypted (most likely) or are using an unknown compression. The Xbox 360 beta files can't be obtained due to the file system they use, it has not been figured how to obtain the direct files from GoD based games.

I'm guessing we'd have to hope that the PC/Xbox final releases do not use this (they most likely will)...
I have the files for the Xbox 360 beta. Convert the GOD file to ISO, then extract the iso to get the contents.

kilik
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by kilik »

Any way to extract voice
relight
beginner

Post by relight »

Now that the game is out, I'm curious if anyone is working on the .pkg format for either Xbox 360 or PS3?

I bought the game and am enjoying it so far, it has some really fantastic art, textures, music and UI that it would be great to be able to extract.