Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
eycaramba
veteran

Re: Watch_Dogs fat and dat archives

Post by eycaramba »

Thank you very much for all your hard work guys :)

May I ask if there is a way to unpack and repack .loc files yet?
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

Code: Select all

<Resource Class="CGeometryResource" SourceExt=".glm;.dae" TargetExt=".xbg" /> 
  <Resource Class="CTextureResource" SourceExt=".png;.dds" TargetExt=".xbt" /> 
  <Resource Class="CAnimationResource" SourceExt=".mac" TargetExt=".mab" CompileDependency=".markup" /> 
  <Resource Class="CSkeletonResource" SourceExt=".skel.xml" TargetExt=".skeleton" /> 
  <Resource Class="CPhysResource" SourceExt=".hkr" TargetExt=".hkx" /> 
  <Resource Class="CRealtreeResource" SourceExt=".rta" TargetExt=".rtx" /> 
  <Resource Class="CFrankensteinPoseResource" SourceExt=".frank" TargetExt=".apm" /> 
  <Resource Class="CStateMachineResource" SourceExt=".gosm.xml" TargetExt=".gosm.xml" /> 
  <Resource Class="CMaterialResource" SourceExt=".material.xml" TargetExt=".material.bin" /> 
  <Resource Class="CSectorResource" SourceExt=".gsdat" TargetExt=".sdat" /> 
  <Resource Class="CSectorResourceLowRes" SourceExt=".gsdlr" TargetExt=".sdlr" /> 
  <Resource Class="CSectorResourceHiRes" SourceExt=".gsdhr" TargetExt=".sdhr" /> 
  <Resource Class="CBinkResource" SourceExt=".bik" TargetExt=".bik" /> 
  <Resource Class="CAIWorkspaceResource" SourceExt=".ai.xml" TargetExt=".ai.rml" /> 
  <Resource Class="CTrafficPatternCollectionResource" SourceExt=".tpc" TargetExt=".tpc" /> 
  <Resource Class="CLoftShapeResource" SourceExt=".lft" TargetExt=".xlf" /> 
  <Resource Class="CSequenceResource" SourceExt=".seq" TargetExt=".cseq" CompileDependency=".naseq;.liseq;.auseq;.fxseq;.prseq" /> 
  <Resource Class="CWorldLoadingUnitResource" SourceExt=".data.fcb" TargetExt=".dat" /> 
  <Resource Class="CAnimationTrackCollectionResource" SourceExt=".animtrackcol.xml" TargetExt=".animtrackcol.rml" /> 
  <Resource Class="CRoadResource" SourceExt=".groad" TargetExt=".road" /> 
  <Resource Class="CSplineLoftLowResGfxResource" SourceExt=".glgfx" TargetExt=".lgfx" /> 
  <Resource Class="CSplineLoftHiResGfxResource" SourceExt=".ghgfx" TargetExt=".hgfx" /> 
  <Resource Class="CSplineLoftPhysicsResource" SourceExt=".gphys" TargetExt=".phys" /> 
  <Resource Class="CPoseAnimationResource" SourceExt=".dpas;.animset" TargetExt=".dpax" /> 
  <Resource Class="CPoseDefinitionResource" SourceExt=".dpds" TargetExt=".dpdx" /> 
  <Resource Class="CMoveResource" SourceExt=".move.xml" TargetExt=".move.bin" /> 
  <Resource Class="CBatchResource" SourceExt=".batch" TargetExt=".cbatch" /> 
namquang93
veteran

Post by namquang93 »

-c, -pv, -pt command for Gibbed.Disrupt.Pack.exe seems not working yet.

Boulotaur2024
ultra-n00b

Post by Boulotaur2024 »

namquang93 wrote:I think the main point is to get the game works with modified archives :D
Did anyone have success with that ?
I just slightly modified a shader, repacked it with Rick's tool into a new 'shaders.dat' archive, the resulting archive is much bigger than the original... I havent tried to launch the game yet... but I have the feeling it won't work :D
SWORDS
ultra-n00b

Post by SWORDS »

Boulotaur2024 wrote:
namquang93 wrote:I think the main point is to get the game works with modified archives :D
I just slightly modified a shader, repacked it with Rick's tool into a new 'shaders.dat' archive, the resulting archive is much bigger than the original... I havent tried to launch the game yet... but I have the feeling it won't work :D
With feeling modding is limited...

Launching the game without to recompress is still possible?
I've not already installed the Rick's tools and waiting for the completion of the filelist.

I know with waiting modding is limited too...

All in all I appreciate the wonderful work!
eycaramba
veteran

Post by eycaramba »

Boulotaur2024 wrote:
It works without any problems, have been tinkering around with a bunch of xmls and could see the changes in game without recompression just by using the pack command.
namquang93
veteran

Post by namquang93 »

yes, I have tested, all the files, except windy_city.dat/fat, could be read by the game.
kalleoskar
beginner

Post by kalleoskar »

I tried some basic changes to game config from common.fat, works now :) Really nice effort all you involved!
Gruselgurke
advanced

Post by Gruselgurke »

Indeed, common.fat seems to be working fine to some degree but I doubt it's stable with so many unknow files still there. Or does pack.exe put these unkown files back to the right place in the archive?
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

eycaramba wrote:
Boulotaur2024 wrote:
It works without any problems, have been tinkering around with a bunch of xmls and could see the changes in game without recompression just by using the pack command.
what changes have you made? would you say replacement of character models is possible at any point in the future?
kalleoskar
beginner

Post by kalleoskar »

Im trying to find the handling lua file haha, so great work done so fast you guys
Rick

Post by Rick »

If you mean handling for vehicles, that won't be in lua scripts.
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
kalleoskar
beginner

Post by kalleoskar »

Rick wrote:If you mean handling for vehicles, that won't be in lua scripts.
Good to know!
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

100546/310351 (32%) - Download
Boulotaur2024
ultra-n00b

Post by Boulotaur2024 »

eycaramba wrote:It works without any problems, have been tinkering around with a bunch of xmls and could see the changes in game without recompression just by using the pack command.
Well it most certainly depends on which file you modified, I guess. For me I tried to modify many many .fx shaders files originally in shaders.dat, even the xml ones... then repacked into a new shaders.dat... but the game is consistently ignoring my changes :(

I guess it is because -as someone said- that the Pack tool doesn't put everything back in its right place ?