Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[PS3] One Piece Kaizoku Musou

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
jrush
n00b

Re: [PS3] One Piece Kaizoku Musou

Post by jrush »

Hey, so sorry for bumping this topic. But I'm having a problem with ripping the models. Everytime I try to use the ripper tool on LINKDATA.A,B,C or D.

It
Processing LINKDATA.A
Reading file 1 of 1864

Then
Failed to create bin file.

Can anyone please help me?
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

You should always use latest version of ripping program and run as Administrator since lots of files and folders must be created and deleted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jrush
n00b

Post by jrush »

Thanks for the tool, I didnt have this one. I start it as an administrator, put the tool in the same folder as the LINKDATA files but It doesnt seem to work for me.

It starts and exits immediately. I just need Law's model.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

What's the error message on the black console window for the new tool? Same error message? Is a LINKDATA_A folder ever created? Create a LINKDATA_A folder where the LINKDATA.A file is and then run the tool. If files are created inside the folder and the tool works then it's a folder permissions problem. Also, your LINKDATA.A file should be 1.70 GB.

Also make sure you have this:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=5555

even though everyone and their mothers should already have it on their computers.
jrush
n00b

Post by jrush »

My LinkData.A file is 812mb, LinkData.B is 839mb, LinkData.C is 1.26gb and LinkData.D is 1.08gb.

I tried it again with the folder created and got the same error message as before.

I guess my LinkData file is the wrong one?
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

Can you show a screencap of:

1. The program, right before you click OK.
2. The folder where the LINKDATA files are at.

Like so:

jrush
n00b

Post by jrush »

Thanks for taking the time to help me, I really appreciate it.

This is a screencap.

My version is actually One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 not Kaizoku Mosou? Could that be the problem?

Can u help me with Law's SMC files?
Last edited by jrush on Mon May 26, 2014 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

I don't know where the files are, there are no filenames, and I don't like One Piece lol. The game is awful it is so emo lol.

But I now know what's wrong. It's all those periods in the path name. Rename that folder to something that doesn't have any periods in it. The reason you can't have periods is because I replace them with "_" so that folder name LINKDATA_A doesn't conflict with filename LINKDATA.A for example. In fact, I would just copy those A, B, C, and D files to C:\ONEPIECE\ and then run the ripper. It should work.

So yeah, rename it and all should be good. And then delete the images you posted, as it shows what "kaizoku" group it came from lol. Oh, and shorten the pathname too, windows can't handle pathnames greater than 255 characters lmao so the extraction may throw errors if the filenames get too long.
jrush
n00b

Post by jrush »

howfie wrote:I don't know where the files are, there are no filenames, and I don't like One Piece lol. The game is awful it is so emo lol.

But I now know what's wrong. It's all those periods in the path name. Rename that folder to something that doesn't have any periods in it. The reason you can't have periods is because I replace them with "_" so that folder name LINKDATA_A doesn't conflict with filename LINKDATA.A for example.

So yeah, rename it and all should be good. And then delete the images you posted, as it shows what "kaizoku" group it came from lol. Oh, and shorten the pathname too, windows can't handle pathnames greater than 255 characters lmao so the extraction may throw errors if the filenames get too long.

Dude you are a great person. Thanx. It worked. Thank you so much.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

no problem lol.
Lavos
ultra-n00b

Post by Lavos »

Hey howfie, just wondering if you've looked at DW8 models at all? I'm trying to reverse the endian of the console files to use on PC but getting stuck, can't figure out where though. It's likely to be one of the G1MG chunks, and probably chunk 4 with all the vertex data. From chrrox's script I see it reads halffloats if vertexsize[elementarray.faceid] is 0x30, but looking at the data there, it really doesn't look like they would be words. I'm also running into a bunch of vertex sizes not listed in there, 0x8 and 0x78 to name but two.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

yes, i did ps3 version i think. correct, pc version uses different endian and the pc version of dw8 i heard was a pretty bad port so im not particularly interested. if you are interested, i can release partial source.
Lavos
ultra-n00b

Post by Lavos »

howfie wrote:yes, i did ps3 version i think. correct, pc version uses different endian and the pc version of dw8 i heard was a pretty bad port so im not particularly interested. if you are interested, i can release partial source.
It's no worries, I finally cracked it today. Reversed the whole file, yay.
anime663
veteran

Post by anime663 »

Is there anyway to fix the hair on some of the female models?? Because I'm trying to rip some of them and their hair gets turned into this weird mesh.
neff10
ultra-n00b

Post by neff10 »

Finally i ripped all the maps, but look at ennies lobby:

a lot of strange stamps on some textures, any solution?