Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
SWTOR fan
veteran

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by SWTOR fan »

vertalius wrote:I would like to know about bones export too...How did you do that? All the bones are weigted? Mesh is skinned?
I've mentioned everything about the bones in my .gr2 specification; if you know a little bit about programming, you should be able to get the bones. :)

http://wiki.xentax.com/index.php?title= ... model_file

Each NPC and each placeable with movable parts belongs to a certain body type. If you know which body type it is, you can look up the skeleton file.
For example,
/resources/art/dynamic/spec/bfnnew_skeleton.gr2
is the skeleton file for female NPCs with body type 2 (in the files, this body type is called "bfn", which probably stands for "body female normal").
Skeleton files have the same structure as other .gr2 files, but the field I call "type of .gr2 file" is set to 0x02, and you can find a list of the bone joints at offsetBoneStructure = 0x70.
Each joint is defined with:
- uint32: offsetBoneName
- int32: parentBoneIndex
- 16 floats: 4x4 joint-to-parent rotation matrix
- 16 floats: 4x4 joint-to-root rotation matrix
With this information, you will be able to draw a skeleton yourself.

The regular .gr2 files then contain a list of joints that are used by the current model. Also, each dynamic model has a vertexSize of 32, so each vertex will contain information on up to four bones that influence it's position, as well as the weights for each bone. See the "Vertices" section of my specification for more information.

So with the information from the specification, you should be able to get a model with a skeleton structure. However, I have not yet figured out the format of the .jba, .mph and .amx files which contain the animations. If anyone has made any progress with those, please do share! Unfortunately, I lack the knowledge to parse the animations myself since that matrix Math is way above my head... :(
vertalius
n00b

Post by vertalius »

Unfortunately I know nothing about programming, so... I've asked about simple way to get skeletons/bones than those you've mentioned in post above =)
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Hi guys! Here's maxscript to import SWTOR models with bones (3ds max 2009-2011)

Instruction:
1. Load SWTOR_BONES.ms
2. Point it to a file like ***_skeleton.gr2
3. Bones will be loaded

4. Load SWTOR.ms
5. Point it to a file like ***.gr2 without word "skeleton"
6. Model will be loaded above bones

Done

ImageImage
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Making model-import scripts, PM
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

Any of you guys know where to find the lightsabers or other items such as that? Like Satele's Lightsaber?
vertalius
n00b

Post by vertalius »

2 zaramot
Thanks a lot man! That was exactly what I've looked for!

Is there any chance to get bone weights from models to get them rigged & ready to animate?
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Weights are supported, there are problems with finding right skeleton for models. But if you will find right one, weights will work fine. Here's some player models for you to test, that weights works normal.

P.S. Should be skeletons with extra bones - for capes, cloth, skirts, loin etc. Base skeletons don't have them - that's the problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Making model-import scripts, PM
vertalius
n00b

Post by vertalius »

No, skeletons is ok, but some body parts is not "fully" skinned/rigged.
For example, when I import mesh "chest_xxxx_xx_01.gr2" to 3dmax, skin modificator doesn't have all the bones, only 2-3 of them so I need to add needed bones & weight them manually :(
But when I load to that skeleton another body part it have all the needed bones in skin modificator & fully rigged.
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

That's probably the problem with capes/cloth etc. It was like that with Malgus, he didn't have cape bones which caused problems with the weights.
vertalius
n00b

Post by vertalius »

2 swtor miner

Do you have any update/news your viewer or noesis plugin for swtor?

BTW in Noesis i get an error, when trying to import some of .gr2 models - I've described the problem here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9703&p=93195#p93195

2 Zaramot

Can you edit your "SWTOR bones/models import" script to load them with Z axis up?
vertalius
n00b

Post by vertalius »

Any updates for exporting animations?
swtor miner
beginner

Post by swtor miner »

Hey guys it's been a while!

Here's my latest Hashlist: hashes_filename.zip

Not including French/German localized filenames, it's status is 477,503/489,639 files named, only missing 12,136 filenames. Of which ~5700 are map image prototype files that will likely never have their names discovered. So that's ~6400 filenames left to discover, the vast majority of which are animation/fx related.

You'll be needing this new hashlist to play with my updated GR2 Noesis Plugin.

It'll now attempt to load textures from the material files directly, rather than searching for them in nearby folders. This means you'll likely have to extract all the swtor_main_art*.tor archives to a folder to ensure that the materials/textures are available for loading. And change the swtor-config.xml file to point to where the "resources" folder is.
luke9511
beginner

Post by luke9511 »

swtor miner wrote:Hey guys it's been a while!

Not including French/German localized filenames, it's status is 477,503/489,639 files named, only missing 12,136 filenames. Of which ~5700 are map image prototype files that will likely never have their names discovered. So that's ~6400 filenames left to discover, the vast majority of which are animation/fx related.

It'll now attempt to load textures from the material files directly, rather than searching for them in nearby folders. This means you'll likely have to extract all the swtor_main_art*.tor archives to a folder to ensure that the materials/textures are available for loading. And change the swtor-config.xml file to point to where the "resources" folder is.
i downloaded the latest noesis aswell as re-extracted all the models and textures but when i load a model into noesis i can see the model but no textures are loaded, i also set up the path correctly but still no textures, do you know what the issue might be?
swtor miner
beginner

Post by swtor miner »

luke9511 wrote:

i downloaded the latest noesis aswell as re-extracted all the models and textures but when i load a model into noesis i can see the model but no textures are loaded, i also set up the path correctly but still no textures, do you know what the issue might be?
Open up the Swtor.py plug-in file and remove the "#" in front of "#noesis.logPopup()" and save it. Reopen Noesis and paste the debug output here.
luke9511
beginner

Post by luke9511 »

swtor miner wrote:
luke9511 wrote:

Open up the Swtor.py plug-in file and remove the "#" in front of "#noesis.logPopup()" and save it. Reopen Noesis and paste the debug output here.
looks like from me reading the log it is my fault cause of the way i extracted it, i will start over and edit my post wether it was a success or not, also all of the mat files are missing the .mat on them and they are showing up as microsoft access files which is strange

ok it was a success and it was my fault due to how i had the folders setup but thanks for the help!
swtor enthusiast
ultra-n00b

Post by swtor enthusiast »

Hey all,

I was wondering if someone could direct me to where skill tree ability names and the hover tooltip text descriptions are stored? I have NodeViewer and Noesis but wasn't seeing the descriptions on my first look-through.