Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Modding CONSOLE games???

Got a comment, question or silly remark that doesn't fit any of the other MultiEx fora? This is the place to post 'em.
TheDyingInformant
veteran

Modding CONSOLE games???

Post by TheDyingInformant »

WOAH, is this for real? I saw on the list of supported archives for MultiEx the occasional game that would say PS2, Xbox, even PSP! Whats the deal with these?

Oh man, how would I be able to get the models/textures from a Dreamcast game? Is this possible. Oi vey... but I'm so new to this, and I'm no programmer at all. I'm scared of math! But I really have this creative desire for my favourite games. Its just that the games I want to mod or get stuff from - surprise surprise, arent popular or arent moddable....

Maybe someone could explain for me how it works to get information from a console game. Anyway could I get stuff from 'Metal Gear Solid 3' (PS2 DVD)? I only know for alot (but not all) audio that I can use 'PSound' put the game in my drive and it automatically can fish out sound files for me. But ofcourse it doesnt do so in any sort of convenient matter, it gives you a HUGE list of numbered sound files, many are repeated again and again. You just have to click and preview them randomly to eventually maybe find what you're looking for. Thats about all I know how to do. But if I want to access the models textures of the game and animations, how would I do this? Is it even possible?

Great, now my ideas are even crazier... If I can't mod MGS2 the PC version, why am I jumping into a PS2 idea....LOL
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Type 'console modding' in Google and you'll find enough sites to keep you busy in finding out how to mod your console. :wink: