Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Lilstormcloud »

Hi bony,
:wv:
Last edited by Lilstormcloud on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

Lilstormcloud wrote:... skipping over zeroed objects and just loading the none zeroed ones ...
i'll do.
but for now you can fix it yourself by adding after this line:

Code: Select all

for objidx, objoffs in enumerate(mdlgeoh.offsets):
this one:

Code: Select all

if objoffs == 0: continue
that will do the trick...

also i still use the old script for big models, with the new one that uses rapi methods my pc runs out of memory when loading big models like stages

p.s. ObjGeo = Object_Geometry
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

Thanks man
Last edited by Lilstormcloud on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

DoAOLoaderC5.7z

here is a loader for the "dead or alive online" game to play with the doax(and doa4) costumes online.(complettely forgot about the online loader when released doax costumes)
here is the download for the doax costumes for doao: viewtopic.php?p=93969#p93969

the doax costumes will still be aviable on this host like for ten days from now(30days total)

[edit]
i just read about tecmo coming to pc: http://www.doaworld.com/forums/index.ph ... in-pc-r657. if this is true i'll stop any work on dead or alive... and destroy everything i already have. this can sound like something bad but i really hope this is true and team ninja will release something officially on pc.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

b0ny wrote:DoAOLoaderC5.7z

here is a loader for the "dead or alive online" game to play with the doax(and doa4) costumes online.(complettely forgot about the online loader when released doax costumes)
here is the download for the doax costumes for doao: viewtopic.php?p=93969#p93969

the doax costumes will still be aviable on this host like for ten days from now(30days total)

[edit]
i just read about tecmo coming to pc: http://www.doaworld.com/forums/index.ph ... in-pc-r657. if this is true i'll stop any work on dead or alive... and destroy everything i already have. this can sound like something bad but i really hope this is true and team ninja will release something officially on pc.
You're talking about DOA Online or your blender scripts??
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

Darko wrote:
b0ny wrote:DoAOLoaderC5.7z

You're talking about DOA Online or your blender scripts??
about doa online

the game's executable requires some tweeks to support bigger files and doax skeleton(so it won't look like this viewtopic.php?p=65901#p65901). with the doax pack, i released a loader for offline usage only(forgetting to do an online one).

this old tutorial can help: viewtopic.php?p=76477#p76477. only instead of "qLoaderC3" u use "sLoaderC5"(or "qLoaderC5"), and of course the converter's window is a bit different.
wow... i just checked the old "doax to doao pack" and it was downloaded 300 times!
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

would be nice
leidoa
n00b

Post by leidoa »

for b0ny why some doa3 skins for doao don't work like christie first costume and brad wong too ?
and is there a xpr version of the skins to run them on xbox ?
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

leidoa wrote:is there a xpr version of the skins to run them on xbox ?
somewhere in this thread i provided a link to some doa3 costumes ready for xbox(xpr+cat+reliable_size)
leidoa wrote:for b0ny why some doa3 skins for doao don't work like christie first costume and brad wong too ?
you mean with the sLoaderC5 ?

and thanks...
leidoa
n00b

Post by leidoa »

b0ny wrote:
leidoa wrote:is there a xpr version of the skins to run them on xbox ?
somewhere in this thread i provided a link to some doa3 costumes ready for xbox(xpr+cat+reliable_size)
leidoa wrote:for b0ny why some doa3 skins for doao don't work like christie first costume and brad wong too ?
you mean with the sLoaderC5 ?

and thanks...
they freeze the game some costumes not all of them ...
can you give me the link for the xbox version plz :)
and what about modding stages is there any yet .....
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

[leidoa]
here is the link to the doa3 costumes for doa2u: viewtopic.php?p=90093#p90093 but seems like you already have those coz i posted them on your request...

can you please tell me the precise name of the loader you use to run the game(it's something like qLoaderC4).
------------------------------------------------------------------------
doa5ng3_360.py noesis plugin for doa5/ng3

+ original normals instead of generated
+ better transparency (found the variable for dxt1 1bit transparency(mask))
+ handling two-sided meshes
leidoa
n00b

Post by leidoa »

it's sLoaderC1

the doa3 costumes file is deleted
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Dang, b0ny, that Noesis plugin keeps improving. :)

Regarding the rotation stuff. I'm guessing that the rotation matrix is always the last entry in the Bone Offset Matrix. I just performed a costume swap for a mismatched set of characters. There is a 1:1 ration of bones in the NodeLay to the entries in the BnOfsMtx except BnOfsMtx has an extra entry. Whenever penguin described the rotation section it was the last section as well. I don't know if this is new, helpful or old, but at least the data is starting to make a bit more sense to me. If I knew how to properly do the matrix math and values... XD
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

leidoa wrote:it's sLoaderC1

the doa3 costumes file is deleted
you should use qLoaderC4, provided with the 'DoA3forDoAO costumes pack'. some of doa3 costumes are using deprecated functions, fixed by me in the qLoaderC4 loader
here are the reuploaded costumes for doa2u: doa3 skins for doa2u.7z

Protocol X27
where can i see that penguin's rotation section description?
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

The rotation discussion may still be available on the older / lengthy modding post on coregrafx. If not, I'll try to summarize.

P posted several matrix images which I don't know how to apply to necessary values.

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u37 ... dfba08.jpg

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u37 ... cd8e67.png

He also posted a sample of what to change Marie Roses Nurse costume to since it also has a small rotation.

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u37 ... 3bab30.jpg

I'm not sure if there was ever a sample for Ayane_DLCU_004, but I recall that the entry he mentioned was 0x17A0 from the start of the BnOfsMtx start which happens to be the last entry. I think that was the same for Marie Roses as well.

That's pretty much the sum of what I know at this point. I understand conceptually that vertices need to have a process applied since as the 3dsmax script demonstrates that some items import in a weird way. I don't think it's as simple as replacing BnOfsMtx value. Some form of multiplication needs to be done.... I think ... :-/