Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kamen Rider Battride war EMD model. (PS3)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
aaiki14
ultra-n00b

Re: Kamen Rider Battride war EMD model. (PS3)

Post by aaiki14 »

what tools needed ?
how to export them to 3ds max or other 3d modelling program?
Arymond
advanced

Post by Arymond »

Is there a MaxScript? if so i'd like to see it :O INFINITY! Pleaze?

http://www.mediafire.com/?fqjjuv9hdmnlbhq

Here is Wizard (Infinity Style) "DLC" With Textures (DDS)

..._W00_... is his "Axcalibur" Weapon
Arymond
advanced

Post by Arymond »

Anything Yet :V?

I'd Really like a way to get the models Please ):
alientech
n00b

Post by alientech »

Nothing update?
No one can help me?
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Worthwhile bump ahoy!

I've written a MAXScript that gets the models from this game now -- polygons, vertex points, UV mapping and bone structures. Only thing it's missing is importing the bone IDs. I've located what I think are the bone weights (four bytes that equal 255 when added together, just like No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise had), I just haven't located the bone IDs. That, and the materials, but it's easy enough to apply textures to models.

Once it's finished, I'll upload it for others to use, even if it is a little messy/clumsy in spots.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

bone ids? you mean parent ids? usually a game doesn't have bone ids, it's just an array of joints from 0 to N - 1 joints and there is another array somewhere that contains parenting info. or do you mean joint mapping data?

EDIT:
oh nevermind, i think i get what you mean now: u meant blend indices. blend indices are typically single bytes as well, though i remember RE6 PS3 had half-float blendindices. also, dynasty warriors games use blend indices that must be divided by three (for god knows what odd reason lmao), so sometimes it's not obvious, but 90% of the time they are simple bytes. also, remember that a lot of times the blend indices direct from the vertex buffer won't make sense because of joint mapping.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

howfie wrote:also, dynasty warriors games use blend indices that must be divided by three (for god knows what odd reason lmao), so sometimes it's not obvious, but 90% of the time they are simple bytes.
Sounds just like the way Telltale stores 'em in their games.

Either way, it seems to be stored as weight percentage 1/index 1/weight percentage 2/index 2/etc. (one byte each), but the IDs probably have a cross-reference to 'em, as moving one bone moves a different part for each polygon group. Similarly to how the one Virtua Fighter 5 script / Project Diva from elsewhere on this forum is set up.
Arymond
advanced

Post by Arymond »

Ahhhh Den-Bird Would it be possible to get a version of the Script that just imports the meshes? what i need ATM dose not require Rigging :P

I hope the format is the Same in the Sequel comming out in June :V
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

I'm still working on trying to fix up the last few things with the MaxScript (need to figure out where the UV size is read from, and where the proper node IDs are stored), but the model format in Battride War II's the exact same as the first game's.

(Don't mind the missing shoulder pad piece, I've already fixed that since I took this pic).

(EDIT: Fixed the UV mapping problem. Once I figure out how to fix the rigging, I'll be releasing the script here!)
Last edited by RandomTBush on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maspayno
ultra-n00b

Post by Maspayno »

RandomTBush wrote: Once I figure out how to fix the rigging, I'll be releasing the script here!)
how if you can't fix the rigging ?
i hope the script still will be released :scaredy:
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Maspayno wrote:
RandomTBush wrote: Once I figure out how to fix the rigging, I'll be releasing the script here!)
how if you can't fix the rigging ?
i hope the script still will be released :scaredy:
I'll figure it out soon enough. I found what I believe are the proper node IDs, but for whatever reason any polygon group with more than two bones attributed to it is still broken. But that's the last thing I need to fix now.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

My model-importing script for both Kamen Rider: Battride War games has finally been finished! Just to keep everything in one place, here's the file-exporting QuickBMS script for Battride War II's NativePS.NCAT, instead of being in the previous post:

Code: Select all

endian little
get FILES long
get UNKNOWN long
get UNKNOWN long
get UNKNOWN long

for i = 0 < FILES

get OFFSET long
   get BLOCKSIZE long
   get FILESIZE long
   getdstring NAME 0x74
   log NAME OFFSET FILESIZE

next i

endfunction
And here's a link to the MaxScript:
Download MaxScript
Download NativePS.ncat QuickBMS Script

Please inform me if there are any rigging or texture problems with this script, and if you use it, I wouldn't mind some thanks for going through all this effort to write it up. Especially the node ID crap, that took me way too long to figure out... Anyhoo, enjoy! Just don't say I never do anything for anyone. :bleh:

(EDIT 08/27/14: Added an alternative version for 3DS Max 2012+.)
Last edited by RandomTBush on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Maspayno
ultra-n00b

Post by Maspayno »

RandomTBush wrote: And here's a link to the MaxScript:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vtw85p1haf2h0hl

Please inform me if there are any rigging or texture problems with this script, and if you use it, I wouldn't mind some thanks for going through all this effort to write it up. Especially the node ID crap, that took me way too long to figure out... Anyhoo, enjoy! Just don't say I never do anything for anyone. :bleh:
thank you very much ...
will try out soon :D
Misawa Hajime
ultra-n00b

Post by Misawa Hajime »

RandomTBush wrote:My model-importing script for both Kamen Rider: Battride War games has finally been finished! Just to keep everything in one place, here's the file-exporting QuickBMS script for Battride War II's NativePS.NCAT, instead of being in the previous post:

And here's a link to the MaxScript:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vtw85p1haf2h0hl

(EDIT 07/04/14: Added a fix to prevent crashing when material has no texture applied to it.)
thanks...
Misawa Hajime
ultra-n00b

Post by Misawa Hajime »

RandomTBush wrote:Please inform me if there are any rigging or texture problems with this script, and if you use it, I wouldn't mind some thanks for going through all this effort to write it up. Especially the node ID crap, that took me way too long to figure out... Anyhoo, enjoy! Just don't say I never do anything for anyone. :bleh:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.