Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
mikulover39
advanced

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Post by mikulover39 »

This game came out not that long ago and seems to use the phyre format
using shakotay2's hex2obj i managed to get Yunas model
Screenshot (14).png
I was just wondering if anyone could help and make a noesis script for this format since there are a ton of models and manually putting in the offsets for each model is tedious.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
McCuñao
veteran

Re: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Post by McCuñao »

Can you tell the relative coordinates (Meaning, what's the order of items) for these models, or the exact ones for that sample?
zaykho
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by zaykho »

Interesting. I hope lot of people will be interested to help. :wink:
mikulover39
advanced

Post by mikulover39 »

Just looked at the high poly model files (the picture i posted before was of low poly yuna) and turns out they used 2048x2048 textures.
gonna try and rip the high poly model soon to show.

Basically the phyre format works like this:
Header stuff?
Vertex data (ignore)
Bones?
face indices for each object
(obj1)
verticies
uv
normals?
????
(obj2) ...
locakert22
n00b

Post by locakert22 »

SOORY

how to extract file [psarc] ???

FFX-2_Data.psarc
FFX_Data.psarc

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SILENTpavel
advanced

Post by SILENTpavel »

locakert22 wrote:how to extract file [psarc] ???
use this
PSARC.zip
or there is another psarc extractor you can find in net, basicly they all almost the same (some old extractor can't work with TLoU game actually only)
HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by HeliosAI »

Is there really no interest in this game? >< The updates they did seem very nice and FFx and X-2 are some of the best games out there.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

It's not that there's no interest. It's just that it uses the new PHRYENGINE format, which is a total pain in the ass. We looked into it once and the format is documented in the latest PS3 SDK through code, but it would take somebody with A LOT of time on their hands to figure it out completely (how all the PHRYE objects are serialized). This is one of those ones where I say, "Just wait for (or keep bugging) Rich to do it" hehehe.
HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by HeliosAI »

howfie wrote:It's not that there's no interest. It's just that it uses the new PHRYENGINE format, which is a total pain in the ass. We looked into it once and the format is documented in the latest PS3 SDK through code, but it would take somebody with A LOT of time on their hands to figure it out completely (how all the PHRYE objects are serialized). This is one of those ones where I say, "Just wait for (or keep bugging) Rich to do it" hehehe.
oh damn >< i thought .pssg was the painful format, is phyre the new version for that?
Ah well maybe one day someone will get around to do it xD
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

yep, phrye is the successor to pssg and it is worse lol :D
Jecht
n00b

Post by Jecht »

Kay, I know its post like a month later, but I did just notice heheh.

Maybe this gonna sound pretty noob,but:

Could not be more easy just extract the textures?

Like for what I've saw with mikulover39's SS and the Tumblr spam of the HD; they use the same models, just with biggest-redo-texture...

Just my way of see it anyway...
*Sorry for my English, But that is what you got for learn alone*
Haro
beginner

Post by Haro »

Still no news about this?
I'm trying to get a viewable DDS file out of the DDS.Phyre files but I'm guessing this needs some sort of extractor.

I'd be also nice to have a plugin for Noesis to view DAE.Phyre files cuz it seems that not only models use this format, also Maps do.
Jecht
n00b

Post by Jecht »

Haro wrote:Still no news about this?
I'm trying to get a viewable DDS file out of the DDS.Phyre files but I'm guessing this needs some sort of extractor.

I'd be also nice to have a plugin for Noesis to view DAE.Phyre files cuz it seems that not only models use this format, also Maps do.
Maybe because it has turn hard to extract it... Or they don't have time for try something to (Cannot blame them)

On my case I cannot help on nothing because my know on scrip-relative stuff its -100%. A part that I don't have the game too.

I'm a patient man, so I'd wait if someone manage to get out something. At least the texture, that its the only it interesting me. Because I always get some bug with the Alpha map of the old FFX models.

Oh yeah, a part of wish you luck to man.
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

Haro wrote:Still no news about this?

Use Iceberg's texture finder 2.0 on the dds.phyre files, and for player characters set the width to 1024.

Jecht
n00b

Post by Jecht »

ultimaespio wrote: Use Iceberg's texture finder 2.0 on the dds.phyre files, and for player characters set the width to 1024.

Huh. So... I was wrong. They've join the two texture pieces of the High Poly in one. I guess why anyway...
But that mean each model has they own UV different from the old game. Still, this help me for don't think its just an "Re-texture" maybe wasn't just that...

Still wondering if the texture of one character of that game has being Re-UVmapped... (what its pretty obvious who by the nick I use, even do... I don't think I can request it hehe. well gotta wait)