Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[PS3/ X360] GTA V resource research & software development

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
luxox18
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: [PS3/ X360] GTA V resource research & software developme

Post by luxox18 »

perese1 wrote:Image
for fix this in photoshop make this:

Move the color channels in this order for fix the diffuse textures with disordered channels

Red to Blue
Green to Red
Alpha to Green
perese1
ultra-n00b

Post by perese1 »

thanks for replying...Im not too sure how to move color channels blue green etc in photoshop...it wont let me...could you please help by showing me how its done...wont let me move/swap color channels around. also if successful with editing the dxt4_5 dds file...will i be able to save it under dxt4_5? thank you for helping me...appreciated heaps
luxox18
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by luxox18 »

go to channels in photoshop and click over the channel that you want to move (for example red) then press CTRL+C, now with your already copied channel make click over the destination channel (for example blue) and press CTRL+V, now repeat the process with the other channels

isn't difficult :)
perese1
ultra-n00b

Post by perese1 »

I hear you and ive done exactly that...It does not allow for it to overwrite or Replace...i think it just might be locked....If i upload the file i would like modded with new textures...do you think you could unlock it for me so it can become editable? you might have better luck then me...only if you not busy..allgood if you cant though...I appreciate your help allready...thanks man
luxox18
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by luxox18 »

perese1 wrote:I hear you and ive done exactly that...It does not allow for it to overwrite or Replace...i think it just might be locked....If i upload the file i would like modded with new textures...do you think you could unlock it for me so it can become editable? you might have better luck then me...only if you not busy..allgood if you cant though...I appreciate your help allready...thanks man
ok , no problem
perese1
ultra-n00b

Post by perese1 »

thank you so much man...im really hoping you could be able to make it editable...but also savable under GPUTEXTUREFORMAT_DXT4_5? i HOPE U KNOW WHAT I MEAN LOL heres the dds alpha files...thanks man http://rg.to/file/25006aff9ff91447af3c0 ... s.rar.html or https://mega.co.nz/#!iQYxXQqA!UTlv9OOeG ... Dp3OCZ2qXY Let me know how you go :)
luxox18
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by luxox18 »

all DDS texture are already editable :/ , I don't know what is the problem with your photoshop

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c24ox ... _a_bla.dds

and about murals , I think that are correct (the black section are the black graffitis that only work in alpha because are decals)
perese1
ultra-n00b

Post by perese1 »

luxox18 - you are awesome - what you did with the dds file texture head_diff_000_a_bla. You opened the texture up for me to see the real texture of the mans face eg --> Image That pic is awesome to edit...can you tell me how you did this or did it show up on your photoshop with like a green overlay or something...similar to the fist pic above. please help me to understand how to open it up like you did...and also what file did you save it under like eg Image this is been great also that Mural pic i gave...any advice on how to successfully edit it with my own Mural Tagging graffiti etc...will i have to edit all channels? i appreciate you man thanks thanks thanks
Dean
n00b

Post by Dean »

He already said he just moved the channels around, it doesn't necessarily matter what compression preset you save it as.
philip92dk
advanced

Post by philip92dk »

is it possible to mod a games xex file to run on a pc?
perese1
ultra-n00b

Post by perese1 »

I am still not able to move channels around with the dx4_5 dds file...still overlay green like picture above...Please im using photoshop cs5...followed instructions above...but photoshop wont allow for me to swap or move color channels around...so Frustrating man...if anyone has a step by step guide...i would appreciate heaps...It maybe my photoshp cs5? running windows 8...cheers guys
SILENTpavel
advanced

Post by SILENTpavel »

philip92dk wrote:is it possible to mod a games xex file to run on a pc?
No.
kalleoskar
beginner

Post by kalleoskar »

SILENTpavel wrote:
philip92dk wrote:is it possible to mod a games xex file to run on a pc?
No.
Oh man that would have rocked my world, i know it cant be done but playing readdeadredemption on my pc would be epic
zorg93
n00b

Post by zorg93 »

about the resources and the RSC7 headers
anyone know how you can work out a sys/gfx flag from the sys/gfx size
this is how to get the size from a flag

Code: Select all

static public int GetSizeFromFlag(uint flag, int baseSize)
        {
            baseSize <<= (int)(flag & 0xf);
            int size = (int)((((flag >> 17) & 0x7f) + (((flag >> 11) & 0x3f) << 1) + (((flag >> 7) & 0xf) << 2) + (((flag >> 5) & 0x3) << 3) + (((flag >> 4) & 0x1) << 4)) * baseSize);
            for (int i = 0; i < 4; ++i)
            {
                size += (((flag >> (24 + i)) & 1) == 1) ? (baseSize >> (1 + i)) : 0;
            }
            return size;
        }
EDIT: NVM just made an alg to brute for it for the need i wanted

Code: Select all

uint GetFlagFromSize(uint size, int baseSize)
        {
            if (size % baseSize != 0)
                throw new Exception();
            for (uint i = 0; i < 0x7FFFFFFF; i++)
            {
                if (GetSizeFromFlag(i, baseSize) == size)
                    return i;
            }
            throw new Exception("");
        }
nikobelic12
ultra-n00b

Post by nikobelic12 »

Could you please tell me how to swap the channels in photoshop im so confused.
I would highly appreciate it if you could tell me the steps because i have photoshoped many things but i never ran into this issue. Could you please shine a light on how to fix it because i am really wanting to reverse the textures of V i dunno how to i mean i get what your saying but everytime there just locked. why Rockstar made everything so difficult.
My Friend has Extracted the GTA V files and Now i just need to figure out how to reverse the channels.