Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Assassin's Creed .PCK Chinese translation - Help needed

Need help translating games in other languages? Have your language problems solved here.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Assassin's Creed .PCK Chinese translation - Help needed

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Good day!

It is my pleasure that you can come to read this letter,even if you are very busy.Thank you!

We are the one of Chinese game dubbing groups. Although a non-profit organization, but we also have some professional voice actors here. We all love dubbing and our accents range from all across china's vast expanse. Once I met Assassin's Creed, I was absolutely riveted by the story of it. So special, so exquisite. What an amazing game! Exactly, I make a decision at once! Therefore, I organized a group of dubbing speicalist who love Assassin's Creed game highly. We decided to put the Assassin's Creed into Chinese dubbing! But I need some more help and support in addition to my friends, that’s why I write to you, to your group. Will you please give me some help? For that I am very grateful! God bless you and your group!

By the way, the following tools is what I need:

1.PCK in the audio file import and export tools;

2.Unpack and repack tools of “DataPC_StreamedSounds.forge” in Assassin's Creed I(audio file )

3.Unpack and repack tools of “DataPC_StreamedSoundseng.forge” in Assassin's Creed I(audio file )

4.Import and export tools for the text of the dialogue

5.encrypt and decrypt for the text of the dialogue

Caused by stiffer nationaI policy and censorshipp, little games (original edition) can be imported in China, for example: Assassin's Creed III. But these still can't stop my passion for the game! English Assassin's Creed will be in Chinese! I spent five hours to finish writing this letter, because fans are waiting for my efforts and your help!
So,XeNTaX community? Can we help out here? :D
michalss

Re: Assassin's Creed .PCK Chinese translation - Help needed

Post by michalss »

I have done a lot of research with my friend on this (x360).... For PC sound files are in ogg if im not mistaking. There is not subtitles at all in the game.
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Okay, do you have some tools for them to work with ?
michalss

Post by michalss »

Mr.Mouse wrote:Okay, do you have some tools for them to work with ?

I have some scripts for 010 Editor, but im not sure how they are working i have not touch them for years... Ill have a look. Not even sure if i have repacker, but i had extractor for sure...

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Nice. Would be good if we can make it happen for them.
michalss

Post by michalss »

Mr.Mouse wrote:Nice. Would be good if we can make it happen for them.

i can have a look but as i said AC1 was kind of stupid coz there is no texts, we went to try work on localization, but we could not. I can send you tools i have but not sure if that would be usefull for them coz repacker is not there and to make one would take weeks of work, which i dont have :(

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3005

I see there is text, in a Localization.lang kind of file. But Turfster never got round to making extract/replace possible for sound .forge files. Also, XForge does not replace. I do understand that text is encrypted.. .
michalss

Post by michalss »

Mr.Mouse wrote:viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3005

I see there is text, in a Localization.lang kind of file. But Turfster never got round to making extract/replace possible for sound .forge files. Also, XForge does not replace. I do understand that text is encrypted.. .

There is only minumum of the text, like menu and so on, no dialogs. I can have a look on it, but im not sure if i would be able to do something about it, BTW That forge tool was not extracting data correctly, just information. Also need files from AC coz i dont have it.

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3005&p=32612#p32612

This is also a rather valuable piece of information to start with ;-)
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel »

It was never my intention to replace/re-pack the forge files or provide a tool for any kind of localization. Not sure if I have ever stated that publicly in the forums, but I have said that to everyone who has ever asked.

It has always been my intention to provide a visual way of extracting game assets (models, textures, etc.). For that ForgeX and its successor Archive X does what it is intended to do. And as soon as I can wrap my head around the way WPF works with multiple meshes, model viewing will be working in Archive X.

Back to the subject at hand.

I was able to find string files in Prince of Persia. They were simple enough, not encrypted, easy to read. I found the same file designation in Assassin's Creed, however, those files appear to be encrypted. Everything about the header of the file was the same as Prince of Persia, except where the strings were to start nothing looked even relatively close to anything legible. I was never able to figure out the encryption, so I shelved that section of the project until a later date when I had more time to dedicate to it. Unfortunately, Ubisoft continues to make AC games. So for the most part my time gets spent figuring out the small differences in the forge file each time a new game is released.

Thanks for reading,

MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook
ARchive_neXt v4.03.27.0 Now Available!

"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

MichaelDarkAngel, I merely stated that your tool did not allow rebuilding, just like Turfster's Animus also can't do it. The issue is: is it possible to rebuild the sound files with new sounds.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel »

Mr.Mouse wrote:MichaelDarkAngel, I merely stated that your tool did not allow rebuilding, just like Turfster's Animus also can't do it. The issue is: is it possible to rebuild the sound files with new sounds.
Apologies, if my last post read as if it was directed at anyone. I didn't mean it that way. I was merely stating what can and can't be done with my tool.

If re-packing can be done, it would probably be easier to do with the sound files as opposed to the art assets. Not even sure what it would take to replace the art assets but a single texture can be found in multiple locations across multiple forge files. So, in theory, the limited number of sound forge files may make the job somewhat easier.

Just my thoughts,

-- MDA
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook
ARchive_neXt v4.03.27.0 Now Available!

"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience