Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Cannot convert Mortal Kombat Komplete .lwav to .wav

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
keystothemaxim
beginner

Cannot convert Mortal Kombat Komplete .lwav to .wav

Post by keystothemaxim »

I'm trying to use toWAV to convert the surround lwav's of Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (Playstation 3 Rip) to wav's and it just doesn't work. Can somebody help? Foobar can decode the stereo lwav's just fine, but the multichannel lwav's produce a horrible noise.

Also, is the music in the PC version of the game of the same quality? Does it have multichannel tracks?
keystothemaxim
beginner

Re: Cannot convert Mortal Kombat Komplete .lwav to .wav

Post by keystothemaxim »

I just tried it with Winamp and the vgmstream plugin. Same problems with the 4-channel .lwav's.
mauzerX
advanced

Post by mauzerX »

keystothemaxim
beginner

Post by keystothemaxim »

mauzerX wrote:MusicPlayerEx
Thanks for the player. It doesn't support .lwav at all, though. It won't read the files.
mauzerX
advanced

Post by mauzerX »

keystothemaxim wrote: Thanks for the player. It doesn't support .lwav at all, though. It won't read the files.
It suported multichannel tracks, it can play and convert fsb's from PS3 Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition.
!!!!!
advanced

Post by !!!!! »

keystothemaxim wrote:Also, is the music in the PC version of the game of the same quality? Does it have multichannel tracks?
PC version uses the same exact FSB files from the PS3 version.
keystothemaxim
beginner

Post by keystothemaxim »

Okay, I'm really confused right now. I still can't get towav to work with any of the .lwavs. MusicPlayerEx doesn't convert the multichannel .lwavs correctly. I tried extracting the .fsb's from the PC version's .xxx files but I couldn't edit the hex FSB5 header properly. I'm drawing a blank here.
Pepper
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Pepper »

use fsbext/aezay's fsbextractor on the pc/ps3 files? those are the best two tools for fsb right now.
mauzerX
advanced

Post by mauzerX »

keystothemaxim wrote:Okay, I'm really confused right now. I still can't get towav to work with any of the .lwavs. MusicPlayerEx doesn't convert the multichannel .lwavs correctly. I tried extracting the .fsb's from the PC version's .xxx files but I couldn't edit the hex FSB5 header properly. I'm drawing a blank here.
I don't get it where did U found FSB5? Both versions PS3 and PC have FSB4. OK, step-by-step:
1)Extracting fsb from XXX with fsbii.
2)Splitting FSB-packs to single files with fsbii.
3)Converting single FSB-files to wav with MusicPlayerEx.
XXX->*.FSB->*.FSB->*.WAV
keystothemaxim
beginner

Post by keystothemaxim »

Finally! A method that worked! I managed to rip and convert all tracks successfully. Thank you so much for this, mauzerX!
keystothemaxim
beginner

Post by keystothemaxim »

Apologies for bumping this thread again (and double-posting). I just wanted to point out one final thing: While I did manage to extract the PC wavs using mauzerX's method, they came out as 4-channel wavs with the back left and right channels completely blank. I'm guessing PC's version does not support multichannel audio, so they muted the back surround channels or something. Anyway, I used the method in this thread to extract the FSB's from the Xbox 360 version of the game and have FINALLY managed to extract the back channels successfully.

Thank you all for your patience and support!
keystothemaxim
beginner

Post by keystothemaxim »

Another bump... I'm being told that the PS3/PC files have better audio quality than the Xbox ones. Is this true? I tried ripping the PS3 files but I had the same problems as the PC version: MusicPlayerEX only extracts the front channels, and FSB Extractor extracts 4-Channel IMA ADPCM files that I cannot decode.

EDIT: Nevermind, I managed to convert these to WAV by throwing the FSBs into ToWav.
Pepper
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Pepper »

if you dont have the ima adpcm codec on your system, you could always run the results through vgmstream.