Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[REQ] Beyond Two Souls Player Model and Truck.

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
octaviousrex
veteran

[REQ] Beyond Two Souls Player Model and Truck.

Post by octaviousrex »

Okay so I know no one has touched this game yet and the purpose of this is simply to stimulate work being done in this area if at all possible since the game (from my demo play through and all the trailers) would be interesting to see eventually used in other games.

I don't own the game yet but it's high on my list. I don't usually go in for the David Cage games because I find him to be highly full of himself. but this one seems different then heavy rain. anyways let me get to what I'd like if someone is so inclined. hell I'd sell for the raw mesh/graphics files if that is all that can be done.

1. the somalia military player model for the main character I'll leave a link to the trailer of the E3 demo of that level for reference.

2. the Africa gun trucks also from the somalia campaign.

here is the trailer for the level I wish to have the resources from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC_u6waRi-w

thank you all for your help in the past. I kinda hope we can get something going here. if not then I thank you all for the consideration.
synce
n00b

Re: [REQ] Beyond Two Souls Player Model and Truck.

Post by synce »

I would kill for ANY of Ellen Page's models in this game. Most wanted

chrrox

Post by chrrox »

I can convert models but i need a ram dump of the model you want extracted.
octaviousrex
veteran

Post by octaviousrex »

chrrox wrote:I can convert models but i need a ram dump of the model you want extracted.
sounds good but then I have to ask a stupid question. I am renting the game from gamefly. so when I get a hold of the game disk itself how do I ram dump?
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

you need a hacked console.
octaviousrex
veteran

Post by octaviousrex »

chrrox wrote:you need a hacked console.
I was afraid you were going to say that. well I'll weigh my options and see what I can come up with. I appreciate the information about a starting point for a project such as this. it means a lot. thank you.
oamio
veteran

Post by oamio »

I have hacked consol (ps3,xbox360) how do U ram dump give me a tip?
JayK
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JayK »

Do you have rebug toolbox?
oamio
veteran

Post by oamio »

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10087

Alright, I got found chroxx tutorial

Will you more example or turorial ram dump tip?
octaviousrex
veteran

Post by octaviousrex »

I am happy to see this topic generated so much buzz and interest. I am also happy to see a lot of you willing to help. I appreciate it greatly. I hope one of us can get some dumps done cause I could see a lot of interest in at least the player models. to update you all my copy is coming in the mail but won't likely be here till next week due to our areas postal service. so I won't be able to do much till it arrives.
Seyiji
n00b

Post by Seyiji »

oamio wrote:viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10087

Alright, I got found chroxx tutorial

Will you more example or turorial ram dump tip?
You're not going to get to far unless someone writes a good step by step tutorial to get the launching procedure down. (I've got the eboots, the dex console and the sdk installation already) I've been barking up this tree for a while around different forums but no one finds it necessary to give in depth instructions past getting dex and making debug eboots. I've been ready and raring to go to get ram dumps of PS3 games like this and especially Metal Gear Solid 4 but all I have found are vague tutorials and nothing that is at all helpful beyond the eboot and dex processes.
octaviousrex
veteran

Post by octaviousrex »

I appreciate your efforts and enthusiasm Seyiji. as to the quarry I am just starting out my journey myself on this one so I am sorry to say I am not going to be much help yet. I hope we can make some progress here if not then at least we put this out there.
luxox18
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by luxox18 »

simple explanation:

There are different methods for obtain models from console games.
For example in xbox original and xbox360 you can obtain meshes and textures using "PIX" for the xdk console
in ps3 you can obtain meshes and textures using GPAD tool (SCE tool), but for this you need a debug console + decrypted and resign eboots ( very difficult because the console crashes when you try to enter in the RSX vram)
how to watch or dump the ram data from ps3....
for convert a console from CEX to DEX there are many easy methods. I recommend the REBUG tool for this (this not take more than 5 minutes)
you need decrypted and resigned eboots (debug) + SCE tools (Target manager, debugger)

Then run your console in debugger mode with target manager, load the game from your pc to the console with debugger tool (proDG Debugger for ps3), with this you can watch the entire ps3 ram.

copy all hex values (or only the 3d model values) from the process window to the pc using a hex tool. (maybe you can export all data directly , but for me don't work)

NOTE: not all games works in Debugger mode (uncharted , the last of us,etc.)
cra0
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by cra0 »

I just watched the cinematics for this which went for like 6 hours, so much content in the game if anyone has the game disc upload some sample files.

-EDIT-

friends letting me borrow the disc
Last edited by cra0 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
octaviousrex
veteran

Post by octaviousrex »

cra0 wrote:I just watched the cinematics for this which went for like 6 hours, so much content in the game if anyone has the game disc upload some sample files.

I am still waiting on my game disc. so it would be next week at the earliest for me to get working on anything. but I'll see what I can do and we do have some people very willing to put in some effort whom have hacked consoles so one of us will get something going.