Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by b0ny »

chrox
the 3 bytes for tmc and 4 bytes for tmcl is not always correct. i do the 4 bytes key, and if the key's "second byte" == "third byte" then i convert this key to a 3 bytes key. this method works fine also for 2 bytes keys. it's not a cure for all files, but this way you don't have to worry about file type.
Ghost1705
ultra-n00b

Post by Ghost1705 »

Hey chrrox.

I tried the Scripts on the DoAU DLC1. All works fine. Just 1 TMC File gives me Trouble:

2R863@1S100@6L1M1I]]K1935AD2F1PQ551A8O{C98191F

BTW: Thanks for the great Tools @ all :)
Sorry for my poor English
kokuto
ultra-n00b

Post by kokuto »

>2R863@1S100@6L1M1I]]K1935AD2F1PQ551A8O{C98191F
key is 0x0C6722
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Another one:

BV8K3@1S100@D10D1]IB12]H1K1GB5I1QE16B6GN006A2219{PQ1L
BQ161R1@131B@S1]]2J372K42E1QRE1100N10{S65131H
BYA73@1S100@DF1]H]723E21544PQ10310MC121{R72100H

If someone got the intimate dlc, both models are extractable.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

b0ny wrote:chrox
the 3 bytes for tmc and 4 bytes for tmcl is not always correct. i do the 4 bytes key, and if the key's "second byte" == "third byte" then i convert this key to a 3 bytes key. this method works fine also for 2 bytes keys. it's not a cure for all files, but this way you don't have to worry about file type.
Can someone explain this in more detail pls
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

he is explaining what i said not all files use a 3 byte xor key for tmc and a 4 byte xor key for tmcl.
you can test both of these by changing the first letter of the file name from B to 2 or from 2 to B.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

chrrox wrote:he is explaining what i said not all files use a 3 byte xor key for tmc and a 4 byte xor key for tmcl.
you can test both of these by changing the first letter of the file name from B to 2 or from 2 to B.
only that??

Lol I tried that before with a tmcl file with little sucess.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

Darko wrote:
chrrox wrote:he is explaining what i said not all files use a 3 byte xor key for tmc and a 4 byte xor key for tmcl.
only that??

Lol I tried that before with a tmcl file with little sucess.
actually i suggested here how to create a more universal method of creating the key in the bms script, that will work for keys with all lengths. this will not magically fix all the keys that do not work, but will fix some of them.

it's not intended for manual renaming to see if it works.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find the alternate texture containers? The --H, --HL ones?

The unpacked versions don't have the uncompressed file size in the head, so locating them in a RAM dump is a bit difficult. I tried both versions of the extractor bms script on a compressed --HL file combined with a RAM dumped --H file. b0ny's extractor dumped dds files, but they were scrambled, so I take it the data in the --HL files was not correct.
kasake
n00b

Post by kasake »

Hey guys, I'm trying to follow along with your guys' work, however I'm kind of lost as to where you start. Is everyone using the doa5-lnk-bin.bms file (previously used on DoA5) to extract the initial .dat files, then using the doa5Udecrypt.bms file chrrox had provided on the .dat files? This is what I've done and I've so far only produced .dec files, no .tmc/.tmcl

I'm a little confused because the order of .bms files used was previously, lnk.bms>extract.bms>decrypt.bms
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

DoA5U Archivarius version 1.4 - (click to download)

this is a tool to unpack files from doa5U lnk archives(the injection won't work and some times decryption key is wrong). you need Python installed to run it.

--
Protocol X27give me the files you have troubles with i'll have a look, when i'll have enough time.

[edit]
i'm trying to figure out why the inflating fails when the key seems to by right. my guess is that they use something else than zlib for deflating, knowing that in doa5u the same files have a much better compression ratio, this could be something like 7zip(and also knowing that 7zip can produce incompatible zip files).
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

kasake wrote:Hey guys, I'm trying to follow along with your guys' work, however I'm kind of lost as to where you start. Is everyone using the doa5-lnk-bin.bms file (previously used on DoA5) to extract the initial .dat files, then using the doa5Udecrypt.bms file chrrox had provided on the .dat files? This is what I've done and I've so far only produced .dec files, no .tmc/.tmcl

I'm a little confused because the order of .bms files used was previously, lnk.bms>extract.bms>decrypt.bms
Use this 4, one to extrac the lnk or bin file and the other to find out the encyption:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Protocol X27 wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find the alternate texture containers? The --H, --HL ones?

The unpacked versions don't have the uncompressed file size in the head, so locating them in a RAM dump is a bit difficult. I tried both versions of the extractor bms script on a compressed --HL file combined with a RAM dumped --H file. b0ny's extractor dumped dds files, but they were scrambled, so I take it the data in the --HL files was not correct.
Yep. Use the file below, is a copy of the DOA5U dump made by bony. It's easy, just see what 2 correspond to the tmc you want the texture, copy it's raw name and aste in the notepas++ search tool. Normally it comes a 2, then a B, then again a 2, a 7 and B. The 7 and the B is what you need, bony extractor estracts some of the 7 files and use the bms scripts to decrypt the b's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

DoA5U Archivarius version 1.5 - (still not decrypting all files)

updated with reconstructed names for doa5u dlc's. they added imparity for indexes in dlc files for costumes names and for icons names, i.e. the icon for "helena_dlcu_006" is "helena dlc_016.--P". i wasn't sure what should i do, use the real names or use the index of corresponding costume like "helena dlcu_006.--P" for "helena_dlcu_006".(the real names are used but this is not very convenient).

i need you guys to help me with a detailed tutorial on how to inject in the core "lnk" files, to automatize the process with this tool.
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Hmm, Thanks for the updates, guys.

Results seem to be hit or miss. The two in question are a set for Helena's Pop idol costume. Archivarius throws a key generation failed error, and the bms throws an 'incomplete input file'

--H: 7R06S@10T10000@7I1S]]K128L8110RG187H1F1S003O{TA511J71J
--HL: BR06S@10T10000@DI1]T]C128L8110RG9735H1F1S005O{TB511J71J

Anything else I could be missing? If I need to provide data let me know.