Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[PS3/ X360] GTA V resource research & software development

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: [PS3/ X360] GTA V resource research & software developme

Post by OrangeC »

Yeah maybe the XMA will be more easier to figure out.
zorg93
n00b

Post by zorg93 »

AchillesPDX wrote:Wow, not only have the OpenIV people gotten all the separate tracks the same length with no hiccups, they've also managed to get them into native stereo MP3s... Anyone have access to this updated OpenIV?
Thats Good-Nts and his .black rage research project. and no thats not a public program, nor will it ever be
michalss

Post by michalss »

zorg93 wrote:
AchillesPDX wrote:Wow, not only have the OpenIV people gotten all the separate tracks the same length with no hiccups, they've also managed to get them into native stereo MP3s... Anyone have access to this updated OpenIV?
Thats Good-Nts and his .black rage research project. and no thats not a public program, nor will it ever be

And this is very sad, coz why put some effort on something you never share public ?? This is stupid i guess :(
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/
redman
advanced

Post by redman »

anyone willing to do a repack tutorial? injected a texture with no success. always game crash.
zorg93
n00b

Post by zorg93 »

michalss wrote:
zorg93 wrote:

And this is very sad, coz why put some effort on something you never share public ?? This is stupid i guess :(
Not entirely a wasted effort. he uses the console versions of the game to understand the new engine and file structures so when the pc version comes out he can have alot of features pretty much ready for the pc version. if you look on his site you can read why he doesnt produce tools for console editing
peshkohacka
beginner

Post by peshkohacka »

Has anyone worked on the .xmt files in common? I started looking at them and they appear to have the same structure as the Save files (PSIN/PSIG/CHKSM blocks, hashes etc.) which is kind of weird (unless they are some sort of container).
DarkGiovy
ultra-n00b

Post by DarkGiovy »

hello, someone is able to change the audio in the game?

Congratulations to all programmers who are working on programs ;)
kornto
advanced

Post by kornto »

I have some good news and bad news.
The good news is that I added support for extracting audio from the xbox version.
I had to figure out how to decode XNA. So it is just WMA Pro with specific parameters. I use the ffmpeg (with very minor tweaking, the only problem was the fixed header size in XNA) to decode it, and it works now.
The bad news - the problem with the variable length audio is still there.
I am still missing something/doing some stupid mistake/doing something fundamentally wrong.
OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC »

Wow your probably the only other person who had figured out the XMA format and decoded it besides Towav and XMAencode. :)

Sucks about that problem though. I wonder how the OpenIV people pulled it off.
peshkohacka
beginner

Post by peshkohacka »

kornto wrote:I have some good news and bad news.
The good news is that I added support for extracting audio from the xbox version.
I had to figure out how to decode XNA. So it is just WMA Pro with specific parameters. I use the ffmpeg (with very minor tweaking, the only problem was the fixed header size in XNA) to decode it, and it works now.
The bad news - the problem with the variable length audio is still there.
I am still missing something/doing some stupid mistake/doing something fundamentally wrong.
I think the game uses the files in platform://audio/config (dat54.rel) to properly understand/decode the files.
kornto
advanced

Post by kornto »

Fixed it! Now it works good. (If you find any problem report..)
I found what I missed. I had to skip some bytes in the start of each chunk. Those were from the end of the last chunk, for seeking/syncing purposes.

But, it is still not perfect. I found an audio that ffmpeg failed to decode, so I need to find why.
But with the PS3 it should be perfect now.
peshkohacka
beginner

Post by peshkohacka »

I'm using the latest trunk of LibertyV and extracting audio_misc.rpf/streams/menu_music.awc (from the PS3) results in skips in every file (some have more, some less). Extracting the same files from the 360 is producing skip-free or much less skips overall.

btw 360 files result in 31999Hz sampling rate (versus 32000Hz on PS3) and thus the timing is a bit different: 00:33.105 (32Khz) (PS3) vs 00:33.1177 (31.9Khz) (360) on otherwise exact files.
kornto
advanced

Post by kornto »

peshkohacka wrote:I'm using the latest trunk of LibertyV and extracting audio_misc.rpf/streams/menu_music.awc (from the PS3) results in skips in every file (some have more, some less). Extracting the same files from the 360 is producing skip-free or much less skips overall.

btw 360 files result in 31999Hz sampling rate (versus 32000Hz on PS3) and thus the timing is a bit different: 00:33.105 (32Khz) (PS3) vs 00:33.1177 (31.9Khz) (360) on otherwise exact files.
I didn't notice any skip. I did notice noise in the xbox360 extracted audio which I fixed now.
Can you try it with the already compiled version? If it still happens can you say at which time?
If it didn't happen I will check what is wrong with the trunk.

And about the sampling rate, that is the sampling rate that the game states and play the sound at.
peshkohacka
beginner

Post by peshkohacka »

I probably shouldn't have used the term skip (though the waveform is completely flat), maybe clipping would be a better word for explaining it. With the latest trunk, extracting from PS3/audio_misc.rpf/streams/menu_music.awc results in a few files. menu_music.awc.14735460.wav is the one i've noticed issues (5.940-5.950, 7.920-7.930). You can clearly see it on the waveform.
Last edited by peshkohacka on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kornto
advanced

Post by kornto »

peshkohacka wrote:I probably shouldn't have used the term skip (though the waveform is completely flat), maybe clipping would be a better word for explaining it. With the latest trunk, extracting from PS3/audio_misc.rpf/streams/menu_music.awc results in a few files. menu_music.awc.14735460.wav is the one i've noticed issues (5.940-5.950, 7.920-7.930). You can clearly see it on the waveform in the waveform.
oh ok, I will look into it.