Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ninja Ripper

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
soulslayerzx
beginner

Re: Ninja Ripper

Post by soulslayerzx »

OH wait I get boxes if I import more than 6 objects.

Well, at least I got a good script from page 9 i think. Hitman Absolution or I don't even know.

Well, gonna try it on and old version, I hope max 2009 works.
snowboundmage
advanced

Post by snowboundmage »

soulslayerzx: I can clearly see a head's polygons in there. Just because you import a model, doesn't necessarily mean it will be the main character. Try importing all models in the folder, the delete them one by one.
Escope12
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Escope12 »

Tosyk wrote:Utility to extract / ripping 3d models (mesh), textures, shaders directly from the running game.
(It's new version of dx ripper)

Author: blackninja

Features:
Extracting all available vertex information of the models (position, all the texture coordinates, normals, weights, BLENDWEIGHT, BLENDINDICES, BINORMAL, TANGENT), indices, textures, shaders. Theoretically all extracted information could be import in the 3D editor!
Support for D3D11, D3D9, D3D8 (processed, however not all methods/techniques, but should work for 95% of all games).

Ripper page | English Instructions | Official author's website | Official support page

Hitman: Absolution | Agent 47:

Image Image
Image Image
The other day I used Ninja ripper to rip models from Code Lyoko Quest for Infinity, but The characters were not in T-pose. Can you make them rip in T-pose?
Last edited by Escope12 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magarcan
ultra-n00b

Post by magarcan »

I've a little problem... When I import my frame into 3D Max (2012) that's what I get:

All my the objects are centered instead of being placed in their position.

Here you can find the link to that files: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzMqUV6 ... sp=sharing

Any idea about how can I fix it?
snowboundmage
advanced

Post by snowboundmage »

magarcan wrote:I've a little problem... When I import my frame into 3D Max (2012) that's what I get:
All my the objects are centered instead of being placed in their position.
Any idea about how can I fix it?
I think that's how it's supposed to work. If you want to rip a scene with all models in place use dxripper or something similar. Every game i have tried with this works well but yes, moves all models to the centre.
hotgoblin
beginner

Post by hotgoblin »

Is there a solution of steam games?
When I start the game "Ghost Master" with Ninjaripper (installed via steam) an error pops up and says "Failed to find Steam".
But Steam is running :/
fedeita
ultra-n00b

Post by fedeita »

when i rip models from rome2 the uv's are broken, any way to solve this?
freakshow
beginner

Post by freakshow »

Can u add support for Panzar-Forged by chaos? http://www.panzar.com/
kingfisher13
veteran

Post by kingfisher13 »

Hey, I've been trying to rip from Dolphin emulator, and it looks like all the keys you can use to rip with Ninja ripper are already hardcoded as load state keys in Dolphin... so every time I try to rip a model from dolphin, it says "missing state"

This happens with F1-F12, so how the heck am I supposed to rip models? I was trying to rip from a game called Custom Robo.

I even tried using the old 3d Ripper DX program, but it wouldn't even load Dolphin, AND even if it did, it still uses the F buttons, which are already mapped in Dolphin.
Andrakann
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Andrakann »

kingfisher13 wrote:it looks like all the keys you can use to rip with Ninja ripper are already hardcoded as load state keys in Dolphin
You can reassign keys in Dolphin. I change save state key from F8 to 8, and assign NR rip-key to F8 - works fine.
kingfisher13
veteran

Post by kingfisher13 »

Ok, so I changed the key config, and ran NR with Dolphin... I pressed F8, checked my rip folder, and there was nothing there. I tried both intruder and DX11 inserts... DX9 won't work with this game since the game is glitchy with the DX9 plugin... is there a way around this? How do I fix it?

Thanks for all your help so far, it was a stupid mistake on my part, lol...

EDIT: Not sure if this matters, but Dolphin is 64-bit, version 3.5...
Andrakann
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Andrakann »

kingfisher13 wrote:Not sure if this matters, but Dolphin is 64-bit, version 3.5...
I tried ripper with this version - all as you said - nothing seems to rips or even injects.
Ripping works fine with old version of Dolphin 3.0-872 (32-bit i think), i can't test with more recent versions, maybe only 32-bit matters.

Btw, how can you change DX version in Dolphin? I have only OpenGL, Direct3D and Software Rendering in video output submenu.
kingfisher13
veteran

Post by kingfisher13 »

Hmmm... that must be it then.

I think the newest version of Dolphin included a plugin selector, and plugins for both DirectX 9 and 11... its really nice for working around glitches and compatibility issues.

I assume older versions only run DirectX 9, which could be a problem... I'll have to try switching to 32 bit first.
kingfisher13
veteran

Post by kingfisher13 »

Ok, so I tried the 32 bit version of Dolphin 3.0, and it worked just fine... at least, for that particular game. For some reason, Mario Kart Double Dash won't rip... I really wanted to rip Petey Piranha, because face it, he is AWESOME, but I got nothing in the rip folder :/

Does anyone have an idea as to the ideal settings, dolphin version, etc etc, for ripping from Mario Kart Double Dash?

ALSO, now that I'm all excited about this cool new ripper, does anyone have the best settings for ripping from PCSX2? I attempted to rip models from PCSX2 0.9.8, a game called Shinkon Gattai Godannar- which has some freaking cool mecha models, and got nothing in the rip folder either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... when ripping PS2 models, the current standard method is extremely difficult, and ends up with a model that is NOT T-posed, and has mucked up UV mapping.

If I could get Ninja Ripper to work with PCSX2, and utilize its T-posing ability, it would make rigging and texturing PS2 models much MUCH easier.
luigimario
ultra-n00b

Post by luigimario »

kingfisher13 wrote:Ok, so I tried the 32 bit version of Dolphin 3.0, and it worked just fine... at least, for that particular game. For some reason, Mario Kart Double Dash won't rip... I really wanted to rip Petey Piranha, because face it, he is AWESOME, but I got nothing in the rip folder :/

Does anyone have an idea as to the ideal settings, dolphin version, etc etc, for ripping from Mario Kart Double Dash?

ALSO, now that I'm all excited about this cool new ripper, does anyone have the best settings for ripping from PCSX2? I attempted to rip models from PCSX2 0.9.8, a game called Shinkon Gattai Godannar- which has some freaking cool mecha models, and got nothing in the rip folder either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... when ripping PS2 models, the current standard method is extremely difficult, and ends up with a model that is NOT T-posed, and has mucked up UV mapping.

If I could get Ninja Ripper to work with PCSX2, and utilize its T-posing ability, it would make rigging and texturing PS2 models much MUCH easier.
why not use bmdview, or the max script to get the double dash models?