Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
chrrox

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by chrrox »

If someone wants to take a 360 memory dump and send it to me with what characters are on screen ill look at it.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

they changed the compression for the files inside lnk. the compressed files have the same structure(uncompressed size then compressed chunks), but the compression is different, it compresses twice as better than the old type, i don't see anymore the magic word 0x789C for the deflated data (what could they use, maybe some proprietary format?).

i thought that maybe they xored the compressed files but xoring with the license xor key gave me nothing. i extracted the file table from the executable and looked for "only xored" files, without compression but they don't have those anymore.

i looked into ida, i see where the compression flags are accessed but i can't find where it's compared or something, to find the decompression procedure. i am useless, waiting for someone smarter than me to break it
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

chrrox, I'd be willing to pass that along, but I've never done that before so I'd need some instructions on how to if getting the stuff from a rgh system is enough.

I do have to get the game running first though, I tried a few more things last night, but it still keeps crashing. Unsure why.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

good news is that the doa5u files work in noesis, so the mesh binary must for the most part be the same.
bad news tecmo increased their file security to plug holes we exploited to find and decrypt there data last time.

Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

mariokart64n wrote:good news is that the doa5u files work in noesis, so the mesh binary must for the most part be the same.
bad news tecmo increased their file security to plug holes we exploited to find and decrypt there data last time.

How did you extract those files??
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

most likely memory dump. mario has a jtagged xbox.
tcl36478655
beginner

Post by tcl36478655 »

Could mario compress this dump file then XOR the source file?
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

tcl36478655 wrote:Could mario compress this dump file then XOR the source file?
What he did was a memory dump and it seems it can dump the files that the game is using. I was planning to reball my old 360 core by the end of the year, but now I see I'm reballing it and putting a rgh this month.
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud »

I wait patiently for months for doa5 ultimate to release and all I got was 2 new costumes per char a few recycled "new" charas [roll] but I guess some people have been waiting for years for rachel :D
Last edited by Lilstormcloud on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Lilstormcloud wrote:I wait patiently for months for doa5 ultimate to release and all I got was 2 new costumes per char a few recycled "new" charas and a new security system [roll] but I guess some people have been waiting for years for a good rachel model :D
Lol, I want hitomi's classic outfit and her ponytail hair. Rachel can wait :P
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

Yeah I didn't see anything new per say? the costumes all look like they carried over from the original DOA5. cause I was keeping up with all the DLC and so what the feck is new in doa5u?

might as well strip the new content from the RAM and stick it into DOA5 Original..
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

wow lol that bad huh? namco did same thing with tekken revolution as well. copy and paste from ttt2 (but now they expect you to pay for all the stuff that was free in ttt2, or grind out gift points for months to get them).
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

I hope with all the ass rapage, that we'll be seeing a DOAVB3 getting announced
tcl36478655
beginner

Post by tcl36478655 »

did TECMO do that:
1\decrypt it with the code which we have already know,2\compress it with zlib,3\decrypt it with another code which we don't know. but if we "XOR" file_step_2 and file_step_3(source),could we get those unknow code?
or maybe they just 1\compress it with zlib,2\decrypt it with another code?
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Could someone catch me up on how to find file indexes in the default.xex or chara_common.lnk? I've always done a manual search by uncompressed file size or used the offset from log file in b0ny's extractor.

For example, if 2R963@1S100@CG]]624B544612PQM131810210{F1R5211 is Hitomi's Cos 001's encrypted name, How do I use find what it's offset is or where it's position is in the file index?