Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Disney Infinity .mtb & .tbody files

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
AchillesPDX
beginner

Disney Infinity .mtb & .tbody files

Post by AchillesPDX »

Hey guys, long time follower, first time help requester. I'm poking around inside the PS3 version of Disney Infinity and would love to have access to the textures used in the UI and on some of the items in the game.

There appear to be two files for each texture in this particular structure of the game:

MTB - possibly some kind of header information giving a clue to the type of file the texture actually is
TBODY - the actual texture information itself

The MTB file references the name of the TBODY from hex address 34 through 3B, but I have no idea what format the textures themselves are in. Any help on this would be most appreciated as I know that you all are gods around here and have far more experience with this kind of stuff than I could ever hope to have.

Included is a single zip file of UI graphics as it appears in the game (it's actually a zip file on the disc... quite crazy.)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ymppc ... HEROES.ZIP
merlinsvk
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Disney Infinity .mtb & .tbody files

Post by merlinsvk »

They are DXT5 DDS textures without header, 256x256 px, no mipmaps.

Example: 9cd95378a7d06165.tbody
AchillesPDX
beginner

Post by AchillesPDX »

RAD. What's the easiest way to say batch convert them to PNGs?

I was able to find an example DXT5 DDS header and stuck it at the beginning of one of those files and I can open it in IrfanView now, so that's a step in the right direction.

This type of file is different somehow, and I don't know how it's different - could someone clue me in?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m3be3 ... 2375.tbody

Thanks!
merlinsvk
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by merlinsvk »

For batch converting these particular .tbody files I would use

Code: Select all

@echo off
cls
for %%i in (*.tbody) do copy /B dxt5_256x256.head+"%%i" "%%~dpni.dds"
nconvert.exe -out png *.dds
echo.
echo Done!
pause
Where dxt5_256x256.head is DDS file header, which will be attached (copied) to the .tbody file.
And nconvert is here.

But some "proper" DDS maker would be better, in case there are non 256x256, non DXT5 textures (dimensions of .tbody are in the .mtb files).

And that other texture... I can't see there any "normal" picture in Texture Finder. So I suppose it is swizzled, or XORed maybe, don't know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AchillesPDX
beginner

Post by AchillesPDX »

Thanks merlinsvk! This is working great for those first images.

If anyone else has any ideas on that second file type, I'd love to know.

Here's another example in case anyone wants to take a crack at it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mz1qd ... ikecar.mtb
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dbkwz ... 8c87.tbody
spartan00j
beginner

Post by spartan00j »

AchillesPDX wrote:Thanks merlinsvk! This is working great for those first images.

If anyone else has any ideas on that second file type, I'd love to know.

Here's another example in case anyone wants to take a crack at it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mz1qd ... ikecar.mtb
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dbkwz ... 8c87.tbody
hey! is there an update on this. i would like the models as well. i have the pc version if anyone needs files.
jmgg
beginner

Post by jmgg »

Hello everyone! I believe that the extension of the models is vbuf. Looks like the same extension that TS3 models. mariokart64n recently published a script that worked with some models. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5983&start=0 someone could confirm if it works
spartan00j
beginner

Post by spartan00j »

jmgg wrote:Hello everyone! I believe that the extension of the models is vbuf. Looks like the same extension that TS3 models. mariokart64n recently published a script that worked with some models. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5983&start=0 someone could confirm if it works
I used the script. it gives me an error. invalid command "fsource" or argument -1 at line 1
spartan00j
beginner

Post by spartan00j »

spartan00j wrote:
jmgg wrote:Hello everyone! I believe that the extension of the models is vbuf. Looks like the same extension that TS3 models. mariokart64n recently published a script that worked with some models. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5983&start=0 someone could confirm if it works
I used the script. it gives me an error. invalid command "fsource" or argument -1 at line 1
sorry i thought it was a quickbms script. but i tried it in max and max just freezes up when i import something.
and i get a log that say "Vert Read @ 0x0L" over and over.
carl4020
ultra-n00b

Post by carl4020 »

merlinsvk wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:17 pm For batch converting these particular .tbody files I would use

Code: Select all

@echo off
cls
for %%i in (*.tbody) do copy /B dxt5_256x256.head+"%%i" "%%~dpni.dds"
nconvert.exe -out png *.dds
echo.
echo Done!
pause
Where dxt5_256x256.head is DDS file header, which will be attached (copied) to the .tbody file.
And nconvert is here.

But some "proper" DDS maker would be better, in case there are non 256x256, non DXT5 textures (dimensions of .tbody are in the .mtb files).

And that other texture... I can't see there any "normal" picture in Texture Finder. So I suppose it is swizzled, or XORed maybe, don't know.
Uhm How? Can you make a step by step guide for me. Oh and also How do i turn the png back to a TBody file?