Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Defiance beta

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Garrland
n00b

Re: Defiance beta

Post by Garrland »

Apollo wrote:Just leaves the handful of other type audio files in defiance left... someone commented opus (unsure myself) before but header is entirely custom seemingly and normal opus would demand ogg container for playback.

From what I can tell all the music and audio are in the 1FCB format. I've not encountered any assets of type 0x09 (snd) that are not in that format.
Garrland
n00b

Post by Garrland »

blackfoxeye wrote:

Please please share the texture extraction method. :)
I've got a texture extractor that dumps them to png almost ready for release along with some other tools. The texture assets are basically a 96 bytes header followed uncompressed RGBA or compressed DXT data.

I'm working on the mesh extraction as well. Here are some unreleased Volge helmets that I posted on reddit.

http://imgur.com/a/7pwq2

There are a lot of assets that are in the WAD files but not in the game yet.
Garrland
n00b

Post by Garrland »

I've pushed all my extraction tools to Github

Mesh extractions is coming once I get it automated. The mes2obj doesn't work right now but the other tools do.

-Zeiban
Garrland
n00b

Post by Garrland »

Defiance Tools v0.2.0 Released

Both static and skinned meshes are now supported.

howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

nice. thx:). before i pick up the game are there any of the more smexxy models as there are in the tv series? id buy the game for smexy models, but not for what heard is a plain game.
Garrland
n00b

Post by Garrland »

nice. thx:). before i pick up the game are there any of the more smexxy models as there are in the tv series? id buy the game for smexy models, but not for what heard is a plain game.
No the game is totally different. Almost no female characters except Ara, Rynn, and Irisa unless you count the female player characters.
howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie »

cool, thx for the info. does it work with current retail version of the game?
Garrland
n00b

Post by Garrland »

cool, thx for the info. does it work with current retail version of the game?
Yes, as of the current 1.024 patch.
blackfoxeye
veteran

Post by blackfoxeye »

[quote="Garrland"]Defiance Tools v0.2.0 Released

Thank you very much for your Tools Release.

Can you please describe how to use the tool "waddump.exe" to extract texture from "textures01.wad".

I have drag the wad file over the waddump.exe, but nothing happened, one cmd window is appearing and disappearing suddenly.

I am using Windows8 64bit machine, is the problem due to this?
Garrland
n00b

Post by Garrland »

Thank you very much for your Tools Release.

Can you please describe how to use the tool "waddump.exe" to extract texture from "textures01.wad".

I have drag the wad file over the waddump.exe, but nothing happened, one cmd window is appearing and disappearing suddenly.

I am using Windows8 64bit machine, is the problem due to this?
All the tools are run from the command-line. Run them from a command window with a -h switch to see the usage. Check out the Readme for details. Also, waddump it probably not what you want to use as it just extracts the raw RMID files in WAD archives for research. Use snd2wav for audio extraction and mes2obj/ski2obj for mesh extraction.
blackfoxeye
veteran

Post by blackfoxeye »

Garrland wrote: All the tools are run from the command-line. Run them from a command window with a -h switch to see the usage. Check out the Readme for details. Also, waddump it probably not what you want to use as it just extracts the raw RMID files in WAD archives for research. Use snd2wav for audio extraction and mes2obj/ski2obj for mesh extraction.
Thank you very much Garrland, now its working. :)
Garrland
n00b

Post by Garrland »

octaviousrex
veteran

Post by octaviousrex »

stupid question but will all these tools work if I unpack my 360 Iso I made off my game disc? cause that's all I have to work with and as I have posted elsewhere I'd really like to research that challenger from the game. plus a few of the heavy weapons.

also might there be a frontend for this program set. I really don't do well with command line (and before you go crying that I am a noobish child no I grew up with computers since some of the earliest itterations of dos. dos I can get these commandlines don't seem to work so well for me in win7)
Garrland
n00b

Post by Garrland »

stupid question but will all these tools work if I unpack my 360 Iso I made off my game disc? cause that's all I have to work with and as I have posted elsewhere I'd really like to research that challenger from the game. plus a few of the heavy weapons.

also might there be a frontend for this program set. I really don't do well with command line (and before you go crying that I am a noobish child no I grew up with computers since some of the earliest itterations of dos. dos I can get these commandlines don't seem to work so well for me in win7)
I've not tried it but I remember reading the somewhere that the 360 & PS3 data files were the same as the PC. I have no way to test though. Also sorry no GUI but I've only tested them on Win7 so as long as you have the command-line params right it should work. Check here for the most recent release and you can see some basic examples in the readme
Garrland
n00b

Post by Garrland »