Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Has anyone heard about oculus rift?

Got a comment, question or silly remark that doesn't fit any of the other MultiEx fora? This is the place to post 'em.
ratero
ultra-n00b

Post by ratero »

Hi, im new :D (in some way.. because ages ago I have other user in a forum run by mariokart64, my user was rataroh and I first showed to mariokart64 that vray was easy and fast 8) )

Yesterday I started to taking DOA5 models to 3dsmax in order to later make a demo for the oculus rift? cool eh? :P (only if you have tried oculus rift you know the implications :twisted: )

but on the legal side: could I eventually release a demo like that? would be enough trying to hide the models in the data pack?
or is a waste of time and I should keep it for my self?

by the way is there anyone that can help me with CAT animation system (3dmax)? I have made some animations before with it but im not very good but compared with other skeleton animation packages (like biped) is WAY BETTER AND EASIER, but still a lot of work. So if someone could help me will be welcome. 8D
Dinoguy1000
Site Admin

Re: Has anyone heard about oculus rift?

Post by Dinoguy1000 »

At the risk of dispensing legal advice when I am in no way, shape, or form a lawyer (much less an expert on copyright and fair use law for whatever region you happen to reside in), I think that as long as you are not redistributing the game, and you are not charging money for the demo you're building, you're likely to be ignored by the DOA5 developer/publisher. I would suggest including a disclaimer that borrowed assets do not belong to you and are copyright their respective owners, but doing so actually increases your liability in the extreme off-chance the owners go so far as to take you to court over it (copyright law is a huge PITA like that :disgust: ).

Also, before I forget:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA :bahaha:

Erm, yes, I may have heard about it once or twice. (:
Welcome to Xentax!

Rules | Requests | Wiki | Discord

If you run across a post that breaks the rules, please report the post - a mod or admin will handle it from there.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

you should make your demo and ask someone on deviant art or something to donate a model they have made for it.
ratero
ultra-n00b

Post by ratero »

chrrox wrote:you should make your demo and ask someone on deviant art or something to donate a model they have made for it.
but my whole motivation is include DOA girls! :D

is going to be at least 2 or 3 years or even more before a DOA game can be seen in VR...

mmhhh what if we ask a moderator to delete this thread and in a few weeks or months suddenly a anonymous torrent with the demo is released... :D

maybe that could be a better option...

seriously I woud like to share...
Joukre
ultra-n00b

Post by Joukre »

tried it, preeetyy cool!! :D