Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kentucky Route Zero - Texts

Need help translating games in other languages? Have your language problems solved here.
Crybio
beginner

Kentucky Route Zero - Texts

Post by Crybio »

Hello!!

I'd like to translate this wonderful game into ITALIAN language, but i've some problems..
First of all, I used the "UnityAssetsExplorer" to extract all I can do from the main folder.

1 - I replace a text contained in one of the assets files (with "Notepad++"), then I rebuild the Assets file (with "UnityAssetsExplorer"), but in the game that text doesn't appear! The game works fine, but that text doesn't appear!

2- I cannot find some texts, like the menu texts (Quit, Back to Game, etc.), or the object names (for example, when you put the mouse cursor on an object)...

Someone can help me? Thanks so much!!
Rion
beginner

Re: Kentucky Route Zero - Texts

Post by Rion »

This is also the case with Anna EE and other Unity-based games. UAE v1.2 can only extract files from .assets, but cannot reimport them all - only DDS textures, if I recall correctly.
hyndai
advanced

Post by hyndai »

looks this viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10085&hilit=unity+text&start=30 for text string.

And which file do you have edit ?
Crybio
beginner

Post by Crybio »

Thanks for your answers!!

I discovered that if I use the same number of characters as the original file (with Notepad++), then there is no problem, but unfortunately it is a big problem in the adaptation phase of the dialogues..

I edited the "sharedassets5/GasStationDogLook.49" file, that contains:

"(An old hound in a straw hat. Both have seen better days.)"

it's the first sentence of the game, when you click on the dog!
hyndai
advanced

Post by hyndai »

You need to download reflector looks at links i give you there are tuts.
Smash15195
beginner

Post by Smash15195 »

Hi,

I'm interrest to translate this game. You know what files needs to be extract ?

Your italian translation works ? or nor ?

Thanks
delutto
veteran

Post by delutto »

Crybio wrote:Thanks for your answers!!

I discovered that if I use the same number of characters as the original file (with Notepad++), then there is no problem, but unfortunately it is a big problem in the adaptation phase of the dialogues..

I edited the "sharedassets5/GasStationDogLook.49" file, that contains:

"(An old hound in a straw hat. Both have seen better days.)"

it's the first sentence of the game, when you click on the dog!
You could upload this file to me analyze it?
swuforce
veteran

Post by swuforce »

I write here because this method maybe works with this game, but right now the only one i know it might be working is Anna EE, because it has a simple xml file.
You can make a Quickbms script to reimport the xml, but it works only if the file size is not bigger than original, so check which text file is the biggest ( as i see its the russian )
Open Anna EEs resources.assets with Unity Assets Explorer, find the strings_ru.xml ( or other biggest ) and check the OFFSET and SIZE columns, than make a script.

Code: Select all

set name strings_en.xml        #this is the name of the file you extract for translate
set offset 93436636            #this is the biggest files offset
set size 261355                #and size
log name offset size
Save this to reimport.bms and use Quickbms to reimport your file. In game you must swith the language you use for reimport.
Im not sure this will work properly, but you can give it a try.

Edit
Look like this game is different. But you can try this.
Use barracuda's DisUnity to extract the assets files. Text are in TextAsset folder. Make sure you edit them in utf8 encoding.
Then use this tool: http://www.sendspace.com/file/x4jen3, to put edited txt files at end of archive.