Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Model Format

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
chrrox

Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Model Format

Post by chrrox »

it looks like they just swapped ryu and ayane's files.
khanbot
beginner

Post by khanbot »

is it really as simple as swapping a file in NGS 2??

edit: at the end of video at around 8:29, the guy show a screenshot with some highlighted hex in colors and some japanese text lol I can't read that maybe someone can and share some info.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

yeah he is editing the xex file to swap the model files.
you could edit the xex like he shows or swap the actual files.
khanbot
beginner

Post by khanbot »

the default.xex file, you mean?

How do I even know what hex data corresponds to which character/outifts etc.??

how much effort is required if I am to try to find that out myself? lol :D
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

the first reply in the comments section says what the costumes are.
you can see the offset in the video where he wants you to edit.
being it is Japanese the offset may be different in the us release so you may just have to search for those hex patterns.
MuffinMan123
beginner

Post by MuffinMan123 »

this is only doable on modded ps3 right? I was hoping for a save file mod, possibly a ninja cinema file mod.
blablukura
ultra-n00b

Post by blablukura »

this thread deserves a bump
ng2 was possible, hope there be good news on sigma...
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

anyone could add support for sigma if they want now because the edge compression is supported in noesis and in native python.
blablukura
ultra-n00b

Post by blablukura »

chrrox wrote:anyone could add support for sigma if they want now because the edge compression is supported in noesis and in native python.
Does that mean importing bones and animation are possible now too ? Has anyone recently worked on this or any plugin for noesis to support ng2s ? Would be nice if the ng3/doa5 works on sigma too but they r not
MuffinMan123
beginner

Post by MuffinMan123 »

alright, I was so noob when I 1st looked at the save files for the model swapping. I forgot that the save file could be encrypted. I only realized this when I was looking for the code for another game.

all you need to do is decrypt the save files with bruteforce save data and edit using hex editor. the character codes are the same as that video. the problem is you can only swap ryu's models with girls', but not girls' model with ryu's because the girls' chapters have offset for their costume codes so the range is always 00~05

00~05 are ryu's models, so far I know that, 0303 is blue demon ryu, 0404 is dynasty warrior, 0505 is joe's costume
06~0B are rachel's models. 0606 is her default, 0707 is long flowing hair
0C~0F are ayane's models. I was able to use 0F0F DLC ayane costume, but it crashed my game when i do it on chapter 4.
10 and beyond are momiji's costumes.

this should work for both story save files and chapter challenge save files, but not replay cinema files because the cinema records costume specific data, changing the models like that will affect the interaction completely.

for the chapter challenge, the there are 17 chapters, chapter 1 is chat_000.dat and so on.

you can access the dlc costumes too even if you haven't bought them.

rachel swimming in chapter 2 challenge with true dragon sword
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

That's pretty cool. It's nice to see some progress on this game. Does any of this put us any closer to extraction from the game, or is the encryption still a big issue for the games data files?
MuffinMan123
beginner

Post by MuffinMan123 »

save file editing and model extraction are like apple and orange. they are completely different things.
unless we get this model extraction thing done, it's not going to happen on its own.

btw, Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate is scheduled to come to ps3/x360 again, it sports yet another version of rachel's character model. maybe you can wait for that game to be data mined?
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Sorry to resurrect a long time thread from the dead! :)

I was checking Noesis and apparently a stealth feature got added for Ninja Gaiden 2, bones/vertex weights now work, so I thought I'd look into any progress on Sigma/Sigma 2. Thanks to PSN tools over the years apparently decryption is no longer an issue. The NGS2 files look really close to usual TN formats. Best I can tell for now is that GMD holds most data with Vertex Data in the TTGL. I won't be able to do much other than trial and error my way through to figuring out how to get stuff working in Hex2Obj, but that won't help with Weights & Textures. So if there's anyone with the Will & Skillz to either update one of the TK Blender scripts or even modify a Noesis plugin, etc I've posted some files. I included the same model from both X360 & PS3 version for comparison.

I also included some files from NGS1. I think they can be pulled using AFSExplorer, but that is as far as I got with current time. Of course all of this is moot if there is already extraction for any of this and I was just unaware, lol.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Ryu, Rachel, Ayane)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7lbqlb5i ... acters.zip

Ninja Gaiden 2 (Xbox 360) - Tactical Ninja
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2az3hvmv ... lNinja.zip

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3) - Tactical Ninja
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2b4gfetq ... lNinja.zip
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

Your post is full of riddles for me.:D
Protocol X27 wrote:I was checking Noesis and apparently a stealth feature got added for Ninja Gaiden 2, bones/vertex weights now work,
what are you talking about? Which script? Which stealth feature? (You mean the format is handled internally?)
The NGS2 files look really close to usual TN formats.
What is the TN format? (Link to a post?)
I won't be able to do much other than trial and error my way through to figuring out how to get stuff working in Hex2Obj,
which "stuff"? The mesh?
but that won't help with Weights & Textures.
yep, but you have to start with the mesh, generally.
So if there's anyone with the Will & Skillz to either update one of the TK Blender scripts or even modify a Noesis plugin,
TK blender scripts? Link?
Which Noesis plugin?
I also included some files from NGS1. I think they can be pulled using AFSExplorer, but that is as far as I got with current time.
Again I don't get it, sry. You "think" they can be pulled but you did not try AFSExplorer?
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

Sorry, lol, riddles it is. When it comes to extraction, I tend to assume everyone knows more than me on the subject since I lack the academic piece of tearing apart a file and knowing how to explain it properly or from a structure standpoint. I only know parts of the files from DOA modding, so I only know how to explain stuff once someone explains data locations to me.

Re: Noesis, the version I used a few months back didn't have weight/bone support for Xbox 360 Ninja Gaiden 2 models. Now it does. I did not add any additional plugins, so when I mean stealth feature, I mean its being handled internally and don't follow updates close enough to know when things like that are added.

Re: TN format. Team Ninja has used similar structures for their files across DOA5 Xbox, DOA5LR PC and DOAX3 Vita, so when I saw format I'm referring to knowledge of what I've seeing in the files. They tend to flip flop on whether or not they put vertex & index data in the primary file or move it to another. In the case Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 PS3 files it looks like the main file is the GMD and the vertex / index data inside the TTGL.

Re: Hex2Obj / 'stuff'. Yes, I meant the mesh. Once I knew where vertex data was for DOAX3 I was able to write a helper to get the key values to plug into Hex2Obj. I was hoping to do that here as well, but after spending a couple of hours on the GMD, I could not figure out which values were the vertex buffer lengths and/or starting points of each mesh group. A lot of the file guts, I recognize, but it has a few differences that I'm not familiar with.

Re: AFSExplorer. This was related to the Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 PS3 files in afs format. I did try them and extracted one file. When I did, it did show a TMC file header, but I did not progress past that point since I know older TMC's were probably different as well.

... and the links ... I don't recall sources since it's just stuff I've collected over the last couple of years.

Blender Plugins: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dw8xwgw1 ... lugins.zip
Each of these three is used for different generations of Tecmo Koei files. TMC-GMD was the newer DOA5 & NG3 stuff, TPR-TMC was previous gen like DOAX2 & NG2 (I think) and I believe XPR was before that, I don't have anything to test that on.

AFSExplorer: https://www.mediafire.com/file/xzn0sd9d ... plorer.zip

DOA5LR PC Container Sample for Reference: https://www.mediafire.com/file/fjxpd4d2 ... 0Files.zip

I hope that long winded mess helps and that I'm not generalizing too much. If I didn't answer something or I can explain anything on the current DOA5 format, let me know.

Thanks! :)