Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
zaykho
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by zaykho »

b0ny wrote:
zaykho
oh, in contrary - i'd suggest you to wait like a week before updating your files, coz i could release withing an hour "a fix, that will fix my fix, that where fixing something itself", and without that fix you could end up with a corrupted script in your directory :)

Ok !

I will wait some days before uploading to Mediafire. :keke:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I try to upload everything related to DOA into this mediafire folder, it's because I have tons of private message from people asking me where to download x or where to download y, so I decided to make a place where everybody can download everything easily and quickly, without browsing a billion of pages. :p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOA5 - Tool v2.5 * UPDATE - 05/06/2013 *
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the v2.5 give you:
- All Rip functionality: Characters, Stages, DLC and Demo.
- Latest update for the namelist. (thx xentax forum user)

This tool will extract/decrypt files of DOA5 and rename them automatically or manually
You just need to put the folder ( doa5_tool ) in the DOA5 folder OR the dlc "root" folder (where .bin and .lnk are) OR to just "browse" your folder for updating unknown names

Link to the tool -->
http://www.mediafire.com/download/59mgx ... 250%29.zip

Link to the ultimate folder tool of DOA/NG -->
http://www.mediafire.com/?sbd2c9r8ok3u3

PS: This tool contains work from chroxx & others Xentax user.
Last edited by zaykho on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

zaykho wrote:Image

PS: This tool contains work from chroxx, b0ny & others Xentax user.
i changed my mind - you can stop "crediting" my nickname.
i just realized i can't stand to see it anywhere :)

without that square with credits it would look much better
zaykho
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by zaykho »

Ok ! done. :p
debaser
n00b

Post by debaser »

Hi b0ny and great work...

about weights order flag... some time ago I played with mariokart64n 3ds script.
I remember FVF_TYPE was the key for managing weights order...

copied from the script hoping it will be helpful

fn Get_D3DDECLTYPE id=
(
case id of
(
0x002C23A5: #FLOAT2
0x002A23B9: #FLOAT3
0x001A23A6: #FLOAT4
0x00182886: #D3DCOLOR
0x001A2286: #UBYTE4
0x001A2086: #UBYTE4N
0x001A2187: #DEC4N
0x002A2190: #HEND3N
0x002C235F: #FLOAT16_2
0x001A2360: #FLOAT16_4
)
)

case fvf_table[c].type of
(
#FLOAT2: (val=[(readBEfloat l),(readBEfloat l)])
#FLOAT3: (val=[(readBEfloat l),(readBEfloat l),(readBEfloat l)])
#FLOAT4: (val=[(readBEfloat l),(readBEfloat l),(readBEfloat l),(readBEfloat l)])
#HEND3N: (val=(readBE_HEND3N l))
#UBYTE4N: (val=[((readbyte l #unsigned) / 255.0),((readbyte l #unsigned) / 255.0),((readbyte l #unsigned) / 255.0),((readbyte l #unsigned) / 255.0)])
#UBYTE4: (val=[(readbyte l #unsigned),(readbyte l #unsigned),(readbyte l #unsigned),(readbyte l #unsigned)])
#D3DCOLOR: (val=[(readbyte l #unsigned),(readbyte l #unsigned),(readbyte l #unsigned),(readbyte l #unsigned)])
#DEC4N: (val=[(readbyte l #unsigned),(readbyte l #unsigned),(readbyte l #unsigned),(readbyte l #unsigned)])
#FLOAT16_2: (val=[(readBEhfloat l),(readBEhfloat l)])
#FLOAT16_4: (val=[(readBEhfloat l),(readBEhfloat l),(readBEhfloat l),(readBEhfloat l)])
default: (print (fvf_table[c].type); messagebox("1 read now generic VERTEX TYPE!"); val=[0,0,0,0])
)

#BLENDWEIGHT:
(
--print #BLENDWEIGHT
--o = pos + fvf_table[c].position
--t = format "--current table:% OFFSET:% READ:%\n" c o fvf_table[c].type
try
(
(
#FLOAT2: (w1=val[1]; w2=val[2]; w3=0.0; w4=0.0)
#FLOAT3: (w1=val[1]; w2=val[2]; w3=val[3]; w4=0.0)
#FLOAT4: (w1=val[1]; w2=val[2]; w3=val[3]; w4=val[4]) --NG3--
#UBYTE4N: (w1=val[4]; w2=val[3]; w3=val[2]; w4=val[1]) --DOA5 FACES
default: (print fvf_table[c].type; messagebox("read now new weight VERTEX TYPE!"); w1=0.0; w2=0.0; w3=0.0; w4=0.0)
)
)
catch
(
(
print l; messagebox("WEIGHT ERROR!")
w1=0.0; w2=0.0; w3=0.0; w4=0.0
)
)
#BLENDINDICES:
(
--print #BLENDINDICES
--o = pos + fvf_table[c].position
--message = format "--current table:% OFFSET:% READ:%\n" c o fvf_table[c].type
(
#FLOAT4:
(
b1=val[4]; b2=val[3]; b3=val[2]; b4=val[1]
)
#UBYTE4:
(
b1=val[4]; b2=val[3]; b3=val[2]; b4=val[1]
) --doa5 DLC bodies
default: (print fvf_table[c].type; messagebox("read now new bone VERTEX TYPE!"); b1=0; b2=0; b3=0; b4=0)
)
)
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

thank you debaser, i was really exhausted by this nuisance. so my mistake was the output of the decoding functions for compressed types?
i remember, when i was copying these decompressing functions from microsoft's site, i was wondering if the endianes could swap the order for decoded values.

so, just to clarify things, the pseudocode examples on microsoft's site are designed for the littleendian platform, and reading element by element those types that can be splitted to bytes, will violate the elements order if you change the endianes. so the solution is to read all compressed types entirely and extract elements by bitshifting? is that right? (in my case i can just reverse the output order for "UBYTE4", "UBYTE4N" and maybe "D3DCOLOR" types)

i'll fix that later. i'm happy i can throw away some crutches from my code
debaser
n00b

Post by debaser »

Yes, it should be so. I didn't realize reversed order could have come out from
bigendian encoding (those Lilliputians always give troubles).
I just noticed weights must go step by step with indices, so the firsts, when had only one weight, should have been read from the last for that vertex_type.
Personally I thought that it was just another format strangeness.

Anyway, shame on me I haven't try yet your script, but I think I'll wait till the next release now...

Good work
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

io_import_TMC-GMD.py (version 2.3) click to download
blender 2.67 importer for "Dead or Alive 5" and "Ninja Gaiden 3":
- fixed the inversed order of xbox360 compressed data types(thanks to debaser for help)
- added for doa5 the "Merge DoA5 Armatures" option, that will join the skeleton(armature) of the next imported doa5 bodypart to the previous one. lets say you're importing the head then the costume then the hair(in any order), this option will join them in one skeleton and will parent correctly bones(works only for one character in scene). if you don't need that just uncheck this option.

[debaser]
thanks again for replying to my cry for help :)
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Stupid question, is there a way to export fully textured models in fbx format from blender?? I tried and don't get materials.
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

Darko wrote:Stupid question, is there a way to export fully textured models in fbx format from blender?? I tried and don't get materials.
try asking this on a blender forum.

simple doa5 unpacker version 4.2 click to download
- even more names where restored. this time for motion files for characters
- i found that the effect files with extention *.EFFMX and *.EFFMXL where named as *.TMC and *.TMCL(stg_gym.EFFMX = stg_gym.TMC; chr_alp.EFFMX = chr_alp.TMC). haven't fixed this, coz it's convenient that way

now with the motion files properly named, i hope to research some animation

[link updated]
- 4.2: more names for motion files. a few restored and a lot of presumed(files i need for work)
Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 »

b0ny wrote: simple doa5 unpacker version 4.2 click to download
- even more names where restored. this time for motion files for characters
- i found that the effect files with extention *.EFFMX and *.EFFMXL where named as *.TMC and *.TMCL(stg_gym.EFFMX = stg_gym.TMC; chr_alp.EFFMX = chr_alp.TMC). haven't fixed this, coz it's convenient that way

now with the motion files properly named, i hope to research some animation

[link updated]
- 4.2: more names for motion files. a few restored and a lot of presumed(files i need for work)
Thanks for your ongoing work on this. :) Glad to see your finding more files.

I was looking to swap some of the animation files (MPM). I noticed that in some cases files have identical file lengths. As of right now the only way I know to find a file in Hex is using it's length. If the lengths are the same I don't know if I'm updating the correct file or not. Since the unpackers display the hex address (or at least doa5_tool does) while they are processing is there anyway to get the offsets for each file it dumps? There are a lot of files in the chara_common, and the Windows cmd window will only display so many lines. Any tips or techniques for getting those offsets would be appreciated.

Thanks
zaykho
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by zaykho »

Updated the Mediafire Folders with the latest Blender Importer.

By the same time, I'm back on the DOAX HTML5, I'm importing now everything on html (every 3d objects) and making a html version of the original DOA menu....

I hope somebody will be able to export all animations of the DOAX game (the xbox 1 version), then, everybody will be able to play this game on every platform that support html5 and webgl.

8)
b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

Protocol X27 wrote: Thanks for your ongoing work on this. :) Glad to see your finding more files.

I was looking to swap some of the animation files (MPM). I noticed that in some cases files have identical file lengths. As of right now the only way I know to find a file in Hex is using it's length. If the lengths are the same I don't know if I'm updating the correct file or not. Since the unpackers display the hex address (or at least doa5_tool does) while they are processing is there anyway to get the offsets for each file it dumps? There are a lot of files in the chara_common, and the Windows cmd window will only display so many lines. Any tips or techniques for getting those offsets would be appreciated.

Thanks
swapping game files is more trivial than repacking huge lnk files - you could just edit the executable(default.xex), if you're ready to work with the xex tool i could help you dive in that thing. the idea is to edit the file table instead of editing the lnk archives.
i could create a tool -> that would help you find the offsets of needed files in table -> so you could swap their entries -> and the game would use the new file from it's modified "file table".(or maybe instead of a tool, a text file with offsets and description for the entire table would be enough).
so: unpacking with xex, hex editing, and packing back(not sure if this is necessary). tell me when you're ready...

or maybe, if there is a tool to edit the xbox 360 memory, you could use it to edit the executable directly in the memory without all that sh#t, you could create trainers for swapping costumes characters and stages(don't get to excited about this, this requires a lot of research to find where the stages are initialized).
zaykho wrote:Updated the Mediafire Folders with the latest Blender Importer.

By the same time, I'm back on the DOAX HTML5, I'm importing now everything on html (every 3d objects) and making a html version of the original DOA menu....

I hope somebody will be able to export all animations of the DOAX game (the xbox 1 version), then, everybody will be able to play this game on every platform that support html5 and webgl.
cool
by posting some screenshots you could motivate yourself
and why not using doa paradise motion files exported with fat duck's exporter?
io_import_XPR-EMP.py - a lil update. unswizzle argb and b8p8 textures and load random morphing states to scene(still many things to implement/fix for this importer)
zaykho
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by zaykho »

b0ny wrote:
zaykho wrote:Updated the Mediafire Folders with the latest Blender Importer.

cool
by posting some screenshots you could motivate yourself
Better then that, I have already Lei Fang (from DOAX2) and the Sport Shop (partially finished) imported in a web page:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x0m3p ... _HTML5.zip
(for better performance, use Google Chrome)

When I will have more 3d objects imported and configured, I will create new a thread specially for this. :p

b0ny wrote: and why not using doa paradise motion files exported with fat duck's exporter?
Simply because I want to have the complete original game before mod it.

At first, I'm doing a re-build of the game exactly like it was and then, I make a modded version with HD texture + choice of the character generation (doa 3,4,5....).

This is why I need to do:
-DOAX
-DOAX2
-DOA Paradise
-DOA Pure (modded version :p )
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Hey Bony, I hadn't reported this, but when I try to impor Helena Cos 02 and the head of the model I get this:

b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny »

zaykho
unfortunately my old radeon9550 ain't compatible with webgl :(

doax, doax2, doap and doa5 have the same skeleton structure, plus you anyway convert the models to your own format, so there's just no sense to not use any animation on any model.
(doa 2/3/4 also use the same skeleton structure)

also how do you convert the models, maybe you need a special converter that will preserve the triangle strips - using triangle strips could increase the performance...

Darko
i didn't do it, team ninja did :)
you can see that the mesh in the neck area is distorted and the skeleton is following it's shape.

io_import_TMC-GMD.py - fixed the wrong positions when assembling the doa5 skin parts

[edit]
hot fixed and reuploaded the doa5 importer