Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
Demonsangel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Demonsangel »

Someone really wants you to support those files! :D
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Hey Rich!!! Are you going to add support for Kinnect 2.0 in a near future (when the xbone is released) in noesis??

Yeah, I know, the dissapointing conference and presentation was today, but I am curious about that.

See ya.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

If you buy him one he would most likely add support as long as Microsoft releases development tools to support it.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

chrrox wrote:If you buy him one he would most likely add support as long as Microsoft releases development tools to support it.
Hahahaha okas, It just simply picked my interest since It seems It has some improvements comparing with the first Kinnect and also I wanted to see an opinion regarding that.
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

I haven't been paying any attention to all the Microsoft announcements going on. All I know is that Xbox One is a stupid name, and their DRM sounds terrifying. I don't see myself getting one any time close to launch, much less a Kinect 2, until they procure some exclusive that absolutely forces me to.

If someone wants to buy it for me on the other hand, then sure. Assuming they don't completely lock the hardware down, which wouldn't surprise me based on their platform policies thus far.
Dinoguy1000
Site Admin

Post by Dinoguy1000 »

Them locking down the Kinect 2 would be a huge mistake on their part, given the community that's built up around hacking on the Kinect (but it's not something I'd put beyond Microsoft to do, all things considered =/ ).
Welcome to Xentax!

Rules | Requests | Wiki | Discord

If you run across a post that breaks the rules, please report the post - a mod or admin will handle it from there.
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

MrAdults wrote:I haven't been paying any attention to all the Microsoft announcements going on. All I know is that Xbox One is a stupid name, and their DRM sounds terrifying. I don't see myself getting one any time close to launch, much less a Kinect 2, until they procure some exclusive that absolutely forces me to.

If someone wants to buy it for me on the other hand, then sure. Assuming they don't completely lock the hardware down, which wouldn't surprise me based on their platform policies thus far.
Rich, thanks for the answer, and unfortunately their DRM policies only harm the consumer. I heard that kinnect 2.0 would arrive to pc, maybe something can be done later.
Them locking down the Kinect 2 would be a huge mistake on their part, given the community that's built up around hacking on the Kinect (but it's not something I'd put beyond Microsoft to do, all things considered =/ ).
Seeing some cool stuff you cand do with kinnect as mocap, yep It's a huge mistake.
junk angel
veteran

Post by junk angel »

I'm sort of curious - does anyone know how to extract the individual morph target from Valve MDL files. I know they are inside of the MDL itself and the various decompilers seem to be able to parse them off into essentially a morph target reference file, but I'd prefer to be able to batch extract them all into seperate OBJs so to speak.
itoikenza
advanced

Post by itoikenza »

Darko wrote:Hey Rich!!! Are you going to add support for Kinnect 2.0 in a near future (when the xbone is released) in noesis??

Yeah, I know, the dissapointing conference and presentation was today, but I am curious about that.

See ya.
eff kinect 2.0. Qumarion is way more intuitive... just click on this link to learn more. http://www.clip-studio.com/quma/en/
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

New material flags in Noesis are useful for skin and hair:
(left is standard lighting model, right is using blended normals to subtly fake subsurface scattering on the skin, and Kajiya-Kay specular lighting on the hair)
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

stupid question, but where is that character from? :roll:
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

I think its Robert Burns from Vanquish,
Devilot
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Devilot »

I wonder if support of models from Legacy of Kain defiance could be added.
matter is, I don't know of anyone who has actually managed to extract them (or any other resouce) from that game.
aagems
advanced

Post by aagems »

Any chance to add support to dreamcast MT5 and MT7 format to noesis?there isnt any tools for this format that fully support to view/extract character till now
Great things require hard work!!
MrAdults

Post by MrAdults »

Noesis crashes are at the point where a good 75+% of them are coming from old-ass 3.x versions of Noesis. This says 2 things.

1) Noesis is a lot more stable now.
2) A bunch of stupid sons of bitches don't know to upgrade Noesis because they probably downloaded it in some zip file put together but some dumb bastard on some horrible forums and packaged with a bunch of stolen models from some game with big tits.

If you spot someone involved in 2, please slap them in the face for me.

Kindest regards,
Richard