Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Fast and the Furious 6:The Game .43 model format.

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
octaviousrex
veteran

Fast and the Furious 6:The Game .43 model format.

Post by octaviousrex »

Hello all,

This is my first post and I have tried search everywhere for answers to this. I bought the fast and furious 6 game for ipod touch.
game is fun and all that. I found out, through this wonderful forum, that you can take that .IPA and just rename it as a .zip file. did that and unzipped the game. Turns out it's a Unity 3d engine game. that's the good news.

Using a tool to extract the resource asset main file I found the car I was looking for. the 1972 ford torino. she's in many peices not including the texture files which are stored as both .TEX and .mat files. the mesh itself is stored in a ".43" file format.

the maker is Universal (vevendi I believe) it just hit the market last week to amp people up for the new movie coming out later this month. there is an android version as well. I don't own an android phone but am willing to buy that version if it would be best to work with.

I can provide one mesh file that is in the ".43" file format if that will help. I am a novice model researcher. I am learning a lot from this forum and hope someone knows how to ultimately get this file converted over to 3d studio max if possible. it's like the model is right there but just out of reach. any help would be greatly appreciated.
octaviousrex
veteran

Re: Fast and the Furious 6:The Game .43 model format.

Post by octaviousrex »

well, upon further research I found a plugin for Noesis for Unity 3d .43 format. yeaaah.

only Noesis keeps throwing up these errors.

when I click on the now visible .43 file for the body of the car it tells me this

"Trackback (most recent call last.)
File:"C:\USER\-name omitted-\downloads\fast and furious 6 experiment\noesis40785\plugins\python\fmt_Unity3d_43.py",
line 27, in noepyLoadModel
Mdl= rapi.rpgConstructModel()
Runtime Error:Failed to Construct Model from rpgeo context."

I press "Ok" and it informs me that "This model cannot be previewed but may be exportable.would you like to export it? I click "yes"

The Usual export module appears and it allows me to export to .obj which I need to study the model.
I leave everything in this module as defult. and press "ok"

it tells me again:

"Trackback (most recent call last.)
File:"C:\USER\-name omitted-\downloads\fast and furious 6 experiment\noesis40785\plugins\python\fmt_Unity3d_43.py",
line 27, in noepyLoadModel
Mdl= rapi.rpgConstructModel()
Runtime Error:Failed to Construct Model from rpgeo context."

but then pops up one last message "Export complete" yet when I go to see what file has come out and in what state it is in,there is no file.
Granted given the above the file would probably be useless anyways. but is there something I am not doing here? I exported the model from my game using an unity3d engine asset viewer which has an exporter. I exported not just the mesh but all texture files releated to the mesh.

Noesis says hey no problem I know that format thanks to this new plugin. and this is the result. I am stumped. has anyone else run into this and if so did you solve it and how?

thank you again for any information you can give me.
octaviousrex
veteran

Post by octaviousrex »

uploaded two mesh files still in the .43 format. this is unity 3d engine but again I can only extract I cannot phrase the file in a way that would work withoy specific 3d program at this time.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mcbn5d4kzgur5m4

any help would be greatly appreciated.
octaviousrex
veteran

Post by octaviousrex »

I've hit a deadend in my research on this type of archive. sadly Noesis has a unity3d.43 filter but even it cannot seem to open or translate this archive into a useable mesh. which is sad. but okay if I but the cars entire mesh up along with the texture files might that help some of you out there? I did see that the file I posted previously was downloaded at least twice.

I don't mean to bump this I just wishing to know if anyone knows anything. thank you all for your time.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Format is pretty understandable. I tried model you provided, no wheel just body and the hood.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Making model-import scripts, PM
octaviousrex
veteran

Post by octaviousrex »

may I ask what tools you used or can you point me into the right direction for the model format because I've been burning through google and forums like this trying to figure out how to unlock this format to research this exact mesh and had no luck.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Well, I wrote simple script to import model directly in 3ds max. If you need info about format I can tell you what I know.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Here's simple maxscript to import models from this game (geometry and uv's).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
octaviousrex
veteran

Post by octaviousrex »

I want to thank zaramot personally for his work on this script. this game features a car that is very near and dear to my heart for reasons I won't bore you with. thanks to the efforts of zaramot. I can now study this model and recreate a car that has meaning to me and one that I have not seen in games in a good long time. for me this script will allow me to honor someones memory and also let a legendary vehicle live on.

I have much work to do but I appreciate the efforts of zaramot, as well as this forum. without you all so much wouldn't be possible. thank you all so much.
REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU »

octaviousrex wrote:uploaded two mesh files still in the .43 format. this is unity 3d engine but again I can only extract I cannot phrase the file in a way that would work withoy specific 3d program at this time.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mcbn5d4kzgur5m4

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Umm, excuse me octaviousrex, may i ask you from which file of the game contains those .43 files for cars? And what program did you use to extract those cars .43 file from the assets file?
I seemed to be unable to find the car files.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

You should use Unity Assets Explorer [v 1.2] in order to open and extract content from Unity bundle files.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10085
REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU »

I have used that program. Problem is, it seems that i cannot find any .43 file(s) with any name of cars on it. I have searched through "resources.assets" until "sharedassets23.assets" , but i only see map/level files of it. I went inside to ios>cars and found this file "bundle_cars.assetbundle" file, which had the size of 89,1 MB. I believe it is where the car files are stored? But the format is different. And when i rename the format into .assets, Assets Explorer just stopped responding. It does list something like the assets contains 8 million files inside.
octaviousrex
veteran

Post by octaviousrex »

resources.assets

I found the car files but yes,you are right, no .43 format seems to show up in the directory when using the tool. what I did was find all
the files withe the cars name. If I rememeber correctly you can click for the asset viewer to pair all files by name. then I simply higlighted all the
files for one car and clicked extract. when I went the to newlyformed "recources" folder there were .43 format mesh files.

that's how I got the files out out. somewhere in the vehicle specific files in Rexoures.assets is the files that get extracted out when you extract a speciifc asset. if that makes sense. it seems like it's warlock magic but it's not. and I have gotten the meshes I needed for some much needed research. but be aware the models are hallow and and do lack an underside model. so if you want to research them for their bodies that is fine. but any other the main guts of the car's themselves well you'll have to make them from scratch if you want to use for other games.

it's not bad I mean the gran torino at least looks very detailed when fully extracted but it's not usefull for say a game you ref modeling for like grand theft auto where the bottom of the car could be seen.

hope that helps if not I'll do a step by step tutorial on how I got the files out. they don't seem to be there but trust me they are there.
if all else fails. open up the recources.asset file and press "extract all" there is a lot to sort through but it will extract everything including the seemingly unseen .43 format files.
huckleberrypie
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by huckleberrypie »

How much is the poly count for the cars? They look high-poly for a mobile game.
REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU »

Guess i still can't find any. I tried extracting all files in resources.assets (File Size: 51885032), but these were the only .43 file i found:
1_left_pause_bg.43
3_stage_time.43
4_time_countdown_right.43
flag.43
flag_glow.43
mapUI_bggrid_01.43
mapUI_keyline_01.43
mapUI_randomicon_02.43
mapUI_ring_01.43
pPlane1.43
top_bar_bg_geo.43

The rest are .-43 files with numbers as their names, and the only files i found which had car manufacturers names on it, were mainly their logos texture (which appear above cars on race start). I've been stuck on this progress as of now.