Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remix .mself

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Azurfan
advanced

Re: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remix .mself

Post by Azurfan »

Obviously fadedsoulz has done it and thanks to Falo's script it's not really that complicated. The major obstacle here is to have a jailbroken PS3 with a custom firmware higher than 4.00 because the encryption key for V4 SDAT is still unknown.
fadedsoulz
n00b

Post by fadedsoulz »

Is anyone still willing to help with figuring out the models and other data from the game?

I can start decrypting more files, but it's a labor intensive process. I can only decrypt 15 files at a time.
Azurfan
advanced

Post by Azurfan »

Falo, kkdf2, revelation and yaz0r are the experts on these formats. The ReCoM models should be more closer to the mldx format, maybe they can still be displayed with the viewers around here.
Devilot
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Devilot »

we count on those 3 geniuses!
AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by AlphaTwentyThree »

fadedsoulz wrote:I was able to decrypt the .sdat files.
Uhm.... how? ;)
If you like what you see, why not click the little Thank You button? ;) It will definitely motivate me! :)
And here's Mr.Mouse's Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 8469022795 - thanks ;)
SkyBladeCloud
beginner

Post by SkyBladeCloud »

Some years ago I had a look at the original RE:CoM models and they were fairly simple to figure out (once you figured out the SPR compression, which was the hard part xD).

This files seems to have some common part, for example, in the PS2 version, 3D models would come with mesh + skeleton in a single file (MDL), however, in this example, the cvbb file seems to be just the skeleton matrix data, and they don't have names or hierarchy information. Matrices themselves are in the same format that the PS2 version. I haven't found the mesh data yet... But assuming it's in the same format than the PS2 version... it should be fairly simple to decode.

~Sky

EDIT: Figured out SCD sound:

-In PS2 it was ADPCM-XA Stereo 4 bits samples
-In PS3 it's LAME3 encoded MP3.

Here is all the sound present in the example file:

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/7698jgi ... _SOUND.mp3

EDIT2: Textures are 32 bit direct color images, some of them are zwizzled, and some other aren't. Here is one example, maybe somebody can identify the model from this? Following the name convention, it should be an enemy from the End of the World...

EDIT3: Found the mesh data (I think) in the same cvbb file, I'll try to decode it, but it seems to be a bunch of meshed with bone data in the middle, so we'll see...

EDIT4: 1st mesh is 94 vertices and the 2nd one is 740, just gotta figure out what data is XYZ coordinates (and now my 3DSMax trial is over -.-), let's see...

EDIT5: Ouch, I forgot that, as the PS3 uses a power-PC arc processor, all it's data is in Big-Endian format... time to invert endianness!!

EDIT6: Alright, inverted the endianness of the 2 meshes (there are 35, but let's go step by step lol), and installed 3dsmax on the laptop. As I said, the 3D format is qute simpple. For each vertex, we 1st have normals, UV, and positions; there is some extra data (skinning), but I'm ignoring it for now. Face info is nowhere to be found, so maybe vertices are in order (I haven't tested). If I get a nice pic (I suck @ 3dsmax w/ trackpad), I'll upload it ;)

Devilot
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Devilot »

great news :D
so ps3 has actually lower quality?
SkyBladeCloud
beginner

Post by SkyBladeCloud »

Not really, I'd have to compare models from both versions to actually say.

In the meantime, if someone knows how to read big endian floats in maxscript, that would be great. So far I've inverted the endianness of a pair of meshes and imported them using a simple script, maybe someone can recognize this...

It's just one mesh. I can parse the entire the entire model, but as I said, it's kinda useless if one can't read big endian floats. (still no big deal, I could write y own 3D viewing program but I kinda pass xD).

~Sky

EDIT: Never mind, figured out how to read big endian floats, now, where are those faces...? (but really 3dsMax on trackpad -> wtf )

chrrox

Post by chrrox »

model sample?
SkyBladeCloud
beginner

Post by SkyBladeCloud »

yeah, you know, the file posted in the previous page.
Anyway, I finished the model parser, at least works with that example file. I'd need some more model files to make sure it works with all of them xD.
The parser scans normals, UV's and positions. It ignores bones/skining nad faces (there are no faces here?).

UV's are kinda useless without faces, but vertices may be sorted as triangle strip... this is how the model looks sorting vertices as indivicual triangles (pretty recognizable... Well, not by be, since I'm not a big KH fan xD):

These are all 36 meshes in the file, he kinda looks like Bahamut to me xD:

If we find the a way to sort triangles correclty, the we can decode textures and put them in the model (since we vave UV's...) :)

Anyway, I'll leave this here for now, I might come back and research a little bit more if people is interested ;). Regards:

~Sky
Truthkey
beginner

Post by Truthkey »

It's so scrambled that it's kinda impossible to figure out what it is. It looks like Marluxia's 2nd form or Marluxia's 3rd form reaper.
If you provide an original decrypted sample I may be able to do something about the triangle sorting. Looks like some faces are sharing index values and that's why it looks like that.
Azurfan
advanced

Post by Azurfan »

The model should be the World of Chaos endgame boss (the upper part to be exact), which looks like this:

It's probably the most complicated model of the game and not a good start to figure out how they work. I can't unpack them from the game though, so maybe fadedsoulz can provide a simplier one.
SkyBladeCloud
beginner

Post by SkyBladeCloud »

Thanks Azurfan, you must be right, judging by that model's base, which looks exactly like the big mesh I extracted. Also the pipes right above it matches my previous texture (which also has Ansem's hands). It's also impossible for me to extract the files themselves (my PS3 can't have a CFW), so if someone's willing to post some more files, I'll be down to have a look at them ;)

~Sky
gledson999
ultra-n00b

Post by gledson999 »

SkyBladeCloud wrote:Some years ago I had a look at the original RE:CoM models and they were fairly simple to figure out (once you figured out the SPR compression, which was the hard part xD).
Skyblade CLoud can you dend for me the Font compressed and decompressed? I found the way to input the files back edited

you can insert the font without compression, but bigger than normal, but if you edit LBA work perfectly

Kingdom Heart 1 work same thing
Kingdom Heart 2 Work with compression and without compression too

I finished the KH2 translation and translating KH1 now look this http://gledson999.blogspot.com.br/
peronmls
advanced

Post by peronmls »

Would like to hear more info going on about this. Wish I had cfw.