Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters .tfo textures

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters .tfo textures

Post by zaramot »

Could someone take a look at .tfo textures from Green Lantern Xbox-360, and help me convert them. I will be grateful for any help, tip or advice. Here's some sample textures http://www.mediafire.com/?f00pjvk2qbxv6v9
Making model-import scripts, PM
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters .tfo textures

Post by zaramot »

Inside .lvl_760 container I found reference about textures, with proper names and texture size, for example these textures should be 2048x2048. Also I noticed letters 5TXD it's DXT5 only backwards, could it be what they are .dds textures? I've tried to add dxt headers and nothing.

Teancum
veteran

Post by Teancum »

They could very well be DDS. Often times compilers leave the original extension in the archive. In other words, TGA was probably what the tools used, then when compiled the textures would be changed on a per-platform basis.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Thank you for the tip :) If they are .dds I have no idea why when I add .dds header, they didn't work. Maybe as letters DXT5 are like 5DXT all data flipped too? We definitely need more tutorials about image formats :D I'm always get stuck at loading/converting textures, if they aren't already supported by any other plugin or script.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Good news, problem with textures totally solved. Thanks deronar for some tips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Polefish
veteran

Post by Polefish »

Would you be so kind to share your information about the texture format with us? Maybe someone else will mess with the same image format in the future. So it would be handy to have some information about it.
wandererBC
ultra-n00b

Post by wandererBC »

Hi there.

I'm a new member here (long time lurker), and was wondering about any progress you've made on the extracting of the .lv_760 container files (A QuickBMS script perhaps?) and the import script you wanted to write for this game's models (for Noesis I assume.) you mentioned in your previous thread and if you might consider posting them if they're ready, as I have been wanting to extract these models my self for a loooong, while now.

Anyways, just thought I'd ask.