Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ninja Ripper

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
SmashFan127
advanced

Re: Ninja Ripper

Post by SmashFan127 »

RacingFreak wrote:Should work on any revision with the GSdx plugin.

Also I cant confirm for T-pose as last time I tried it, was on a car from The Getaway.
I don't know what installments of PCSX2 to use, and which DirectX to use. (9 or 11)
RacingFreak
veteran

Post by RacingFreak »

Latest SVN; DX11 SW preferably.
SmashFan127
advanced

Post by SmashFan127 »

RacingFreak wrote:Latest SVN; DX11 SW preferably.
I'm sorry but do you mind, lending a hand with a tutorial? I'm on SW DX11 on the latest SVN, yet the frames don't show rip files.
Chezy
ultra-n00b

Post by Chezy »

NinjaRipper is working with my L.A. Noire now. But when I import the models, they are strechted like this:

I could just scale them right, but the problem is that other parts, such as the engine or the doors, are scaled and positioned differently than the body, so it's impossible for me to put them together correctly. Can somebody help me out with this? Is it maybe because of some wrong monitor settings? Thanks in advance :)
Natan
ultra-n00b

Post by Natan »

Hi to all,
I just found this great tool....
I have two quick questions:
1: someone ever tried to rip models from Wargame european escalation?
I managed to get models and textures, but I can not find the right parameters for the UV mapping.
I had tested the different possibilities,but none of them work ....

Here is the file rip a 3d model with texture, if someone can give me good UV ....

model :
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0ttzw9
texture :
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sl46ze

2. I can easily rip models from World in conflict and imported it into 3d studio max 2013,
but I can not import them into Noesis.
how do I change the scale of the UV map as the plug in 3dmax? "UV-x" option .... I need to scale the UV to 0.001
sorry for my bad english ....
Natan
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

So, I want to try a game called Warframe. It's a steam game so the shortcut for it is to and exe but with an argument. I can't seem to get it to work. I point to a .exe and choose same argument as the shortcut but does not work. It's a free to play game. Does anyone have it installed and tried?
Tedfs
ultra-n00b

Post by Tedfs »

Thank you everyone for all the hard work on making these tools.

I've used them on Battlefield 3 and Medal of Honor Modern Warfighter successfully.
There is an odd instancing issue though as it seems there are duplicates of most meshes in rips of both games.
Not sure if there is a setting I need to change on my end or not. Doubles the checking but most of the duplicates
are the exact same KB and consecutively numbered so they are easy to spot.

Still very cool to be able to check things out in other engines to see how they render.
Doronetty
advanced

Post by Doronetty »

I just tryed the latest PCSX2 with Ninja Ripper - well, it's a bad news! No game which I tested (Tekken 4, Zombie Zone 2, Sonic Gems Collection - Sonic R) gave T-posed rips - only game actual poses :(
The Chief
veteran

Post by The Chief »

Doronetty wrote:I just tryed the latest PCSX2 with Ninja Ripper - well, it's a bad news! No game which I tested (Tekken 4, Zombie Zone 2, Sonic Gems Collection - Sonic R) gave T-posed rips - only game actual poses :(
Not only that in some games dont even rip the uv´s and yea the rips are more clean that the ones you get with the DX9 plugin on SW mode but dont rip anything on T pose =/ , but still its good to know that works on PCSX2.
Satoh
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Satoh »

I too recently tried PCSX2 and ninja-ripper. While I realize others have already commented on the compatibility issue, I noticed no one has thoroughly documented the actual behavior. So here is what I have been able to confirm in my own tests.

The settings are very important. PCSX2 appears to require GSDX11 with Software render mode in order to rip. The rips it produces are also somewhat dependent on the actual PS2 game you are trying to rip.

.hack//GU for example, does not rip well at all, and if there is an object that rips, it is generally heavily distorted by the camera distance transformation. Metal Gear Solid 3 rips a lot more objects, and does seem to rip them in proper proportion, but only sometimes, and still not everything in the visible scene. Also the rips do not contain any UV, skeleton, rigging, or bind pose information. They are simply geometry in the shape of a person or grass or rocks...Statues essentially.

The program attempts to rip in GSDX9 software mode, but the folder frame remains empty. In any Hardware rendered mode, not even a folder is generated to show that it has attempted to rip at all.

This is all using the No Wrapper option, however the results are mirrored by the Wrapper versions respectively for dx9 and dx11.

This is using PCSX2 version 1.0.0 r5350, which is the current release build. I also tried using an older version: 0.9.7, and the results were even less fortunate. Simply put: Nothing.

My theory is that PCSX2 does not simply render the information given to it (as would a PC game) but instead emulates the PS2 hardware's rendering process, and renders the result of that. (Which seems obvious when written).

Each PS2 game has its own unique render process, which would account for why some games work better than others, even if they don't work well.

With many games it seems that rather than rendering a 3D scene in proportion and using a camera matrix to give it depth, the camera transformation is applied directly to the geometry before it is rendered, thus creating a scene which is visually correct, but spatially incorrect.

This may mean some games will never be rip-able at runtime.

These issues are, by and large, the same issues that every other 3D ripper has when dealing with PS2 emulation; Few rips, incomplete rips, heavily distorted rips.

I have only tested these two game at this point, I will be testing others shortly, and if the results differ drastically with any game, I will make note of it here, in hopes that it may assist tosyk in maximizing compatibility, if he so chooses.

EDIT: Correction, it requires HARDWARE mode, not software.

EDIT:
Tested Ookami. Similar issues. This game yields many many more objects on rip, but is still terribly distorted, and has the added bonus of being post-backface culling, leaving only half a model. Still no UVs, still no rigging of any kind. Still only works with GSDX11 Hardware mode.
DaWhirlpool
ultra-n00b

Post by DaWhirlpool »

TehDave wrote:I have the same issue with Dark Souls. If running with the default method (intruder) neither key is functional. (no textures, no rips)

If running with DX9 method, it works, but only textures are able to be captured, trying to rip meshes results in a slight pause, but no rip is produced.

It guess it seems that some games don't work with it.
I managed to capture a number of assets from Dark Souls (Queelag, Queelan, Solaire, Silver Knights, etc). I was running in DX9 and to bypass the hotkey issue I would alt-tab out and then alt-tab back in, and immediately hold the hotkey. :ninja:

To bring those models into max you might want to use the UV scale option in the ripper tool and set it to: 0.0009756 (the UVs for some reason are 1000 times to big and there's a padding of 2.5%). So 0.001 * (1/1.025) = 0.00097561

The Dark Souls community is in for a shock. I found a number of closed doors and hidden corridors (like at the Lord Vessel room and the Demon Ruins passage). I wonder if we'll ever figure out how to get there.
DaWhirlpool
ultra-n00b

Post by DaWhirlpool »

Tosyk wrote:
chrrox wrote:i see no options for anything besides verts normals and uv's.
where are the weighting / bone import options.
there is no options to do that, because our (blackninja and my) knowledges in max scripting is poor
I'd be than more happy to help as well.

I modified the max script to read the "BlendIndices" and "BlendWeights" from the .rip file (glad to see it was stored in there). Applying the weights is not much trouble, however there must be a skeleton/bone-structure that I can assign it to. The skeleton won't be found in the mesh .rip files. Would it be possible to have another file exported that contains the bones at capture time (like the textures and meshes)?
DaWhirlpool
ultra-n00b

Post by DaWhirlpool »

dragbody wrote:Hi!

I tried this tool with the Sleeping Dogs demo. F9 works and puts out a textures file, but F10 doesn't cause anything to happen. No models are saved. Any suggestions?
Have you tried the "alt-tab, alt-tab back, press the hotkey while it switches" trick?
DaWhirlpool
ultra-n00b

Post by DaWhirlpool »

Tosyk wrote:
WRS wrote:but bones are just an abstract concept for animation - you can't get any bone information from directx as it only knows about the vertex data - transformed way before the rendering stage
yes, you right.
And in case of 3d tool bone it's nothing, just a "word". Vertices of the model could be binded with "anything" (a dot/helper), and it's good to get coordinates of this "something" to bind with.
i'm not sure we can do this, but what we can do is messing with 3ds max, just need to think what we can do

p.s.: btw, plugin for Noesis will be very usefull too
p.p.s: also will be cool to have an option to load all pairs of uv into 3ds max one by one in uv channels in one time
If I'm not mistaken, a bone is most definitely an object in directX (albeit, an invisible one):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... s.85).aspx

If we could get a dump of that data on capture, we'd be set.
hotgoblin
beginner

Post by hotgoblin »

When I wanna rip in The Darkness 2 (press F10) then there are no files. Nothing happen.

The ripper have a problem with the Telltale Engine (The Walking Dead, Back To The Future etc.)
Some Polygons of the models are missing.

When I wanna start Max Payne 3 with the ripper, then the game crashes.

Can someone help me?^^