Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltale and Gametap - extract to translate

Need help translating games in other languages? Have your language problems solved here.
Goldenboy22
ultra-n00b

Post by Goldenboy22 »

Hi guys !!! I'm trying to translate PS3 version of TALES of MONKEY ISLAND (ep1).But ttarchext can't extract/rebuild ttarch's correctly from .pkg . I'm working on this file:

0_2patch.ttarch
0_patch.ttarch
1_MonkeyIsland101_ps3_data.ttarch <- This contain langdb
2_MonkeyIsland101_ps3_voice.ttarch
3_MonkeyIsland101_ps3_ms.ttarch
4_MonkeyIsland101_ps3_tx.ttarch

I tried only to extract and rebuild with ttarchext 0.1.13a without modify anything and it gives me black screen. So i suppose that they have changed the blowfishkey/encryption for the console version.

Someone have experience with the translation of CONSOLE VERSION of TELLTALEGAMES??
Or someone can help me the structure of this file??

PS: After some other research i found that 0_2patch.ttarch e 0_patch are unencrypted. So i think i will create a 0_3patch.ttarch with the translated .langdb .The only problem
is:" can ttarchext be able to create an unencrypted patch file??? UNENCRIPTED

THANKS for you answers.
Last edited by Mr.Mouse on Fri May 25, 2012 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rules violation
Delacroix
advanced

Re: Telltale and Gametap - extract to translate

Post by Delacroix »

michalss -- until the next update of TTG Tools which may or may not happen, the fonts have to be edited... err... well, the 'hacky' way.

1. Rename all .font to .d3dtx and move'em to Input.
2. Decrypt to .dds with TTG Tools.
3. Open .dds in Photoshop. You'll see white squares. In Layers, switch to Alpha Channel. You'll see the font.
4. Here's the tricky part. Replace the characters your language does not use with the characters it uses and note the changes somewhere. Save your files and encrypt them back to d3dtx and rename to .font.
5. In text files, replace your localized chars with the symbols you changed to your chars.

Done.
Ton4o
ultra-n00b

Post by Ton4o »

I am not sure if this problem has already been discussed but I've got an issue with the ttrachext program. When I try to rebuild a .ttarch archive I get Error: wrong argument (24). I'm using ttarchext.exe -b -V 7 24 and the game is BTTF 1. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

EDIT: Solved. It turned out that I was trying to build a 0.ttarch file out of everything in the original ttarch but not just out of the edited stuff.
Keeperv85
ultra-n00b

Post by Keeperv85 »

Hi all, can anyone tell me how can i translate Puzzle Agent 2?

Here's what I do:
1. Extract 1_Grickle102_english_pc_data.ttarch with this command:
ttarchext.exe -f "*.langdb" 36 "d:\TTARCH\1_Grickle102_english_pc_data.ttarch" D:\TTARCH\out
2. Decrypt the ui_menu_english.landb with TTG Tools
3. Translate "old" txt file
4. Put translated txt in "Input" folder
5. Encrypt
6. Paste translated landb in "out" folder, and repack with this:
ttarchext.exe -b -V 9 36 ""d:\TTARCH\0.ttarch" D:\TTARCH\out
7, Copy new patch file in "Pack" folder

Unfortunatelly, when i test it, texts are still in english. What did I do wrong? :roll:
Rjack
n00b

Post by Rjack »

Delacroix wrote:michalss -- until the next update of TTG Tools which may or may not happen, the fonts have to be edited... err... well, the 'hacky' way.

1. Rename all .font to .d3dtx and move'em to Input.
2. Decrypt to .dds with TTG Tools.
3. Open .dds in Photoshop. You'll see white squares. In Layers, switch to Alpha Channel. You'll see the font.
4. Here's the tricky part. Replace the characters your language does not use with the characters it uses and note the changes somewhere. Save your files and encrypt them back to d3dtx and rename to .font.
5. In text files, replace your localized chars with the symbols you changed to your chars.

Done.

About step 4, what if there are too many characters I uses, so there aren't enough characters?
Could you please kindly tell me how to add new characters into the .font?
SileniusLegard
n00b

Post by SileniusLegard »

I translated Puzzle Agent 1 long time ago, and worked, but now that I've translated Puzzle Agent 2, I'd wanted replay PA1, but my patch doesn't work, : S
I've realize PA1 was updated, so I'm looking for changes but the actual TTG Tools doesn't encrypt after editing, I don't understand it, and the TTG version that I used then doesn't work now probably for that's incompatible with new ttarchext.
Then PA1 is unedited now? : (((
Any tip?

Keeperv85, PA2 is 47 in ttarchext.
hyndai
advanced

Post by hyndai »

hi ttg tools can't decrypt puzzle agent 1 here the update file from steam ( 1_Grickle101_pc_data.ttarch ) : http://uptobox.com/xld6rbb3p963
cienislaw
n00b

Post by cienislaw »

anyone got blowfish key for Poker Night 2? TIA
merlinsvk
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by merlinsvk »

Aluigi already updated his ttarchext tool to support Poker Night 2.

BTW Thanks Aluigi :)
cienislaw
n00b

Post by cienislaw »

yes he did. but TG also made some changes and now files in ttarch are compressed or something. at least d3dtx and font files. -m option does not export dds, and TTG Tools don't open font files.
merlinsvk
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by merlinsvk »

Yeah, d3dtx are now headerless DDS (sometimes normal PNGs). And header section has different length, from file to file :/
cienislaw
n00b

Post by cienislaw »

PNG usage explain different texture size vs PN1 - both games share some resources. grrr, i've hoped for fast and easy translation.
Smash15195
beginner

Post by Smash15195 »

For Puzzle Agent (extract langdb) Telltale Explorer works great : http://quickandeasysoftware.net/softwar ... e-explorer
SileniusLegard
n00b

Post by SileniusLegard »

Smash15195 wrote:For Puzzle Agent (extract langdb) Telltale Explorer works great : http://quickandeasysoftware.net/softwar ... e-explorer
Extract is not the problem, the problem is to recompile... and as far as I know, doesn't work for that...
error
n00b

Post by error »

I have a question...

Is there anyway to change the game's coding from ASCII to Unicode? I hope I haven't gone too far

The reason is I'm trying to translate it to Arabic, and ASCII doesn't support Arabic characters, plus the Arabic letters' shape changes depending on their position in the word (in the first, middle, or end), and ASCII doesn't support all that.

Any ideas?